VGFacts
The gaming related ventilation thread! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: The gaming related ventilation thread! (/thread-378.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Takahashi2212 - 10-21-2014

(10-20-2014, 03:43 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:
(08-23-2014, 12:04 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Watching other people play puzzle games is painful. Really, really painful. Never do that, ever. Pisses me off when people can't figure out the easiest of things and blame the game. Then, when you give them advice after they start losing faith they either get pissed at you for trying to help or just generally don't listen to your help AT ALL.

Stop watching DSP, dude. 

I died?! Whatever, dude. The stupid piece wouldn't go where I wanted. Okay. 

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - GameWizard001 - 10-22-2014

Good God, The Evil Within is kicking my ass!

I'm serious, every boss in this game has probably killed me at least 10 times each. From a Chainsaw Guy and Long Haired Creature Lady to Safe-Box Head and now Giant Dog Amgarak Creature Thing (I don't know their names except for the Long Haired one, that is what the game loading screen help hints called her).

Each of them requires their own way of killing them or over coming them. The Chainsaw Guy and this dude with a safe for a head, all you need is some good heavy weapons and a lots of ammo because they are bullet sponges. Well all of them are, but those two specifically. The Long Haired thing doesn't die from bullets, or at least not with out an infinite amount of it, but its real weakness is fire. Also you need to burn all the corpses in the room too else she will spawn from them.

What pisses me off so much though, is you can have full health with any of these things but you get in range for just a split second and they can instant kill you no questions. Just take off you head, smash in your face, dismember you horribly, etc. Think if RE4 took tips from Hellraiser you'd have a good idea.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Mass Distraction - 10-23-2014

(10-20-2014, 03:43 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:
(08-23-2014, 12:04 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Watching other people play puzzle games is painful. Really, really painful. Never do that, ever. Pisses me off when people can't figure out the easiest of things and blame the game. Then, when you give them advice after they start losing faith they either get pissed at you for trying to help or just generally don't listen to your help AT ALL.

Stop watching DSP, dude. 

I don't even know what that is :D

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - retrolinkx - 10-23-2014

^

Basically, go on youtube and put "This is how you don't play" and after play put a game you like, watch one of the videos and marvel at the arguments for pro abortion.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - gamemaster1991 - 10-23-2014

(10-23-2014, 12:26 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: ^

Basically, go on youtube and put "This is how you don't play" and after play put a game you like, watch one of the videos and marvel at the arguments for pro abortion.

Also, if you want to feel better about yourself and/or get really angry at someone being bad at your favrate game, have you video game pron parent play it or watch "The King Of Hate" DSP. I liked watching the "This Is How You DON'T Play" series up until he started calling Sly Cooper a buggy piece of shit. Is it bad to hate a man by his voice alone?

The way I found him was This is how you DON'T play MGS1, where he even says that he's not good at games but still does it as a jb.

As an aside, Is it bad to hate a man by his voice alone? I watched a little of the MSG1 video and I want to strangle the guy even before the gameplay starts.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Takahashi2212 - 10-24-2014

I am so happy to find a group of people who despise DSP as much as I do. No one else I know (besides one person) even knows who DSP is.
"I can be good at games if I want."

Restuprae's A Day in the Life of DarkSydePhil is hilarious, and perfectly mocks his personality if you don't want to watch him suck at Tetris.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - CLXcool - 10-24-2014

Am I the only one who wishes they could skip a cutscene that they've already seen but cant because the game doesn't let you?

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - gamemaster1991 - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 01:41 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Am I the only one who wishes they could skip a cutscene that they've already seen but cant because the game doesn't let you?

Then stop playing the orignal Kingdom Hearts. Final Mix is so much better.

Seriusaly, I agree. I think I wasted more time in games because of unskipable cutsceens.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - CLXcool - 10-24-2014

I wasn't talking about KH gamemaster, I was talking about how if I've already played a game and saw the scene before. I know whats going to happen, and i have no reason to watch the scene again. I can skip it. But sadly. That option isn't around in some games.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - TheTrueBoss997 - 10-24-2014

Did 8 fucking matches of Monopoly and I officially call bullshit on it. I had lanes of hotels and the AI avoided them all the time. They got on the rare space that is not a property or they just skip the whole lane. I become bankrupt, yell at the game, be upset, try again then repeat. It's like they programmed the game to make sure you're a goddamn pathetic player. I hate this stupid game.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Mass Distraction - 10-25-2014

(10-18-2014, 11:48 AM)RyeoNox Wrote: I understand that developers are trying to add cinematic feels to the game. But a game is not a movie. So please,  don't add 2 black bars to the top and bottom of the screen. Geez.

What game were you playing? I recently started playing Evil Within and it has those. The biggest flaw with them being there is that they seriously limit my field of view. It's not like they streched out the image to make it widescreen, they just covered parts of the screen. I wish they would've at least given people the option to turn those off.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - RyeoNox - 10-26-2014

(10-25-2014, 06:48 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote:
(10-18-2014, 11:48 AM)RyeoNox Wrote: I understand that developers are trying to add cinematic feels to the game. But a game is not a movie. So please,  don't add 2 black bars to the top and bottom of the screen. Geez.

What game were you playing? I recently started playing Evil Within and it has those. The biggest flaw with them being there is that they seriously limit my field of view. It's not like they streched out the image to make it widescreen, they just covered parts of the screen. I wish they would've at least given people the option to turn those off.

Yea I'm talking about The Evil Within. Playing it on my square TV made the situation even worse.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Mass Distraction - 10-30-2014

(10-26-2014, 06:09 AM)RyeoNox Wrote:
(10-25-2014, 06:48 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote:

Yea I'm talking about The Evil Within. Playing it on my square TV made the situation even worse.

I have a 40" TV and it still looks like crap. I don't understand why they just covered a part of the screen instead of actually making it widescreen.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Arjahn - 10-30-2014

I got into Titanfall totally not-late to the party at all since it was on sale and the only way in hell I'd ever install Origin, and the core mechanics are really neat. The problem is that everyone starts with a cloaking device and a pistol that aims through cloaking devices and shoots for you.

For comparison, imagine if 1/3rd of every player in Team Fortress 2 was a spy who could move and jump like a scout, had as much health as a Solider, and had a level 2 sentry duck taped onto their back.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Mass Distraction - 11-17-2014

God f*****g damn it! What on earth even is the point of pre-ordering a game if its release date is on Friday and I still haven't gotten it? IT'S MONDAY FFS!

Tuesday. Day 4 after the release date. Still no game. I receive an email telling me it will arrive in a few days. I have a hard time trying to contain my joyous rage.