VGFacts
The gaming related ventilation thread! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: The gaming related ventilation thread! (/thread-378.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Kakariko Kid - 06-21-2015

My younger daughter wanted to play Tak: The Great Juju Challenge on the original Xbox. 
She saw me throw a controller for the first time. 'Nuff said.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - retrolinkx - 07-02-2015

When the fuck did the guards in asscreed ever fucking tackle you when you ran away? I'm going through Black Flag and it's still annoying me as much as the others did.

I don't remember them sprinting sanic speed to tackle you to the ground whenever I'm overwhlemed by combat.

I mean for fuck sakes, the game even tells me when I'm low on health "run away for your health to come back" and when i fucking try to some guard tackles me and I'm back to square one. I sort of got used to the fuckers shooting me as I used to climb buildings, and I'd fall off but seriously. Stop fucking tackling me to the ground.

God damn, and I've still got Unity to go through as well, and that new one that'll come out soon.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Mass Distraction - 07-05-2015

Eeuurgh... Why is it that in every single racing game, on the last lap of the last race, I always manage to hit some infinitely small invisible pebble that sends the car flying into the sky while everyone goes past. Every. Single. Time.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - CLXcool - 07-05-2015

Playing Skullgirls for the first time. My god I like it, but at the same time the blocking is not an easy thing to do and its really getting under my skin.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - retrolinkx - 07-05-2015

^

Eh? Last time I played I just held the stick in the opposite direction of where my character was standing and it blocked everything.

Unless you mean some sort of frame perfect block on specific moves and such?

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - CLXcool - 07-05-2015

(07-05-2015, 01:15 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: ^

Eh? Last time I played I just held the stick in the opposite direction of where my character was standing and it blocked everything.

I'm playing with the keyboard, I'm just talking about blocking the attacks in general.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Psychospacecow - 07-05-2015

(07-05-2015, 03:44 PM)CLXcool Wrote:

I'm playing with the keyboard, I'm just talking about blocking the attacks in general.

Get a wired xbox 360 controller, or ps3 controller, or a ps4 controller with a phone charger.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - retrolinkx - 07-06-2015

Ah, fighting games are best played on a controller so I just assumed you were using one.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - gamemaster1991 - 07-06-2015

(07-06-2015, 03:03 AM)retrolinkx Wrote:

Ah, fighting games are best played on a controller so I just assumed you were using one.

I have to disagree. I think fighting games are best played with an Arcade set up (I don't count an arcade stick/pad as a controller, even though it kinda is). I'm sure that you could find one that you could use for the PC, disregarding price it would take to get one.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Psychospacecow - 07-06-2015

(07-06-2015, 01:03 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(07-05-2015, 03:44 PM)CLXcool Wrote: I'm playing with the keyboard, I'm just talking about blocking the attacks in general.

I have to disagree. I think fighting games are best played with an Arcade set up (I don't count an arcade stick/pad as a controller, even though it kinda is). I'm sure that you could find one that you could use for the PC, disregarding price it would take to get one.

That goes without saying, but I'm basing this off of things I'd assume he has already.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Colossus - 07-06-2015

(07-06-2015, 01:03 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: I have to disagree. I think fighting games are best played with an Arcade set up (I don't count an arcade stick/pad as a controller, even though it kinda is). I'm sure that you could find one that you could use for the PC, disregarding price it would take to get one.

I built my own arcade control panel out of a keyboard by taking it apart and tracing what matrix the keys are located on and connected some arcade parts (for 2 sets, around $30 on ebay). This was just the prototype. It was incased in wood after.

..maybe I should start selling these in my area..

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - retrolinkx - 07-06-2015

(07-06-2015, 01:03 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(07-05-2015, 03:44 PM)CLXcool Wrote: I'm playing with the keyboard, I'm just talking about blocking the attacks in general.

Ah shit yeah. I sort of forgot about arcade sticks.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - CLXcool - 07-06-2015

Finally beaten Fila with Fukua. Man, this took me about twenty times to do before I finally beaten her. I don't think I was this annoyed over playing a fighting game in years.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Psychospacecow - 07-06-2015

(07-06-2015, 06:28 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Finally beaten Fila with Fukua. Man, this took me about twenty times to do before I finally beaten her. I don't think I was this annoyed over playing a fighting game in years.

That's quite the accomplishment CLX. Filia is always set to the maximum difficulty regardless of what you select when doing Fukua's storyline. Do I have you on steam? We gotta go a few rounds sometime.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Takahashi2212 - 07-07-2015

My friend thinks Eliza in Skullgirls is OP, and it's really annoying whenever I use her, because if I win with her, the complaints come rolling in. It's kind of gotten to the point where I purposely stop picking her. It's a shame, as I find Eliza to the character that is the most fun to play (Besides Valentine). I've psuedo-replaced her with Fukua/Filia at this point.