VGFacts
The gaming related ventilation thread! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: The gaming related ventilation thread! (/thread-378.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Mass Distraction - 07-07-2015

PC masterrace. PC mother f****** masterrace. I needed a certain program to play with my friend. Well, the download site only provides the newest version and it would seem only the previous version has the access to the same server he is on. Not even manually adding the server works. Sure, that's fine, let me just find the old version from the virus ridden depths of the internet. A "quick" download later it turns out the previous version is only a patch update that needs the version before that to work. More searching, more downloading, more trying to make shit work. Have to manually delete all files from the newest version I had because it lacks the uninstall-file. Still doesn't work, turns out the patch was later made into a standalone program. More downloading. Now the program's complaining that it can't fully install while Origin is running. What? A quick check and nope, no Origin running in the background. Manage to make the thing continue installing despite this nefarious ghost-Origin running somewhere in the digital space. Still no server. Google time. Turns out the server has ceased existing... In 2012. Yet my friend is still on that server. Lots of confusion later I find out that the god damn server has been later bought by some Canadian company and I only needed to search the Canadian list of servers. For a Finnish server. At this point, and two hours of lost time later, I don't even want to play the game anymore.

It feels like every time I'm trying to play something on a PC I end up dying a little on the inside.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - retrolinkx - 07-07-2015

^

Haha, you're under the assumption that people who spout PC MASTER RACE actually play video games, as opposed to making fun of everyone who plays on consoles believing them to be superior when in reality you should be Idort master race.

But I know how you feel, one little problem with a mod or something can just completely kill a game for you. For some reason I can't play L4D2 on the highest settings even though I get the same framerate when I play on low, the game just crashes for no apparent reason and I can't do anything about it besides keep the game on low.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Mass Distraction - 07-07-2015

Wait, so who is the idort? You kinda lost me there.

In any case, the very friend I was going to play with is one of those people who believe in the PC masterrace bullcrap, being a PC gamer himself. And I just like to spike the masterrace tards every time I have to spend hours on some minor problem when playing on PC.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - gamemaster1991 - 07-07-2015

(07-07-2015, 11:29 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Wait, so who is the idort? You kinda lost me there.

In any case, the very friend I was going to play with is one of those people who believe in the PC masterrace bullcrap, being a PC gamer himself. And I just like to spike the masterrace tards every time I have to spend hours on some minor problem when playing on PC.

I just like to remind myself that a good number of games that are PC only are buged up the ass and need patches to fix things that the developers did not want to fix.

Just look at Arkum Knight. The XBOne and PS4 run just fine and are fun to play though. The PC Masterrace is now on like their 14th patch because the game is buggy and crashes way too often.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - CLXcool - 07-07-2015

(07-06-2015, 10:34 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:
(07-06-2015, 06:28 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Finally beaten Fila with Fukua. Man, this took me about twenty times to do before I finally beaten her. I don't think I was this annoyed over playing a fighting game in years.

That's quite the accomplishment CLX. Filia is always set to the maximum difficulty regardless of what you select when doing Fukua's storyline. Do I have you on steam? We gotta go a few rounds sometime.

Even if it was on easy/normal(I went with normal for Fukua after getting the hang of Filia) fighting Filia was just INSANELY DIFFICULT. Just to mess with the gamers. I had to do a lot of corner attacking(which were mostly 7 combo attacks), attacking her when she landed on her feet, and mostly attacking her when she wasn't filled with special attacks. Took me 20 times but it was worth it.

I don't think so. We outta do a few rounds of Skullgirls.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - retrolinkx - 07-08-2015

(07-07-2015, 11:29 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Wait, so who is the idort? You kinda lost me there.

Idort is a term used to describe someone who has all consoles and a decent PC.

I was saying you should be Idort master race if you're able to, since you'll have the best of all worlds.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Mass Distraction - 07-08-2015

(07-08-2015, 01:31 AM)retrolinkx Wrote:

Idort is a term used to describe someone who has all consoles and a decent PC.

I was saying you should be Idort master race if you're able to, since you'll have the best of all worlds.

Oh. I've seen that term flung around every once in a while but I had no idea what it actually meant.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Psychospacecow - 07-08-2015

(07-07-2015, 04:20 PM)CLXcool Wrote:
(07-06-2015, 10:34 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:
(07-06-2015, 06:28 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Finally beaten Fila with Fukua. Man, this took me about twenty times to do before I finally beaten her. I don't think I was this annoyed over playing a fighting game in years.

That's quite the accomplishment CLX. Filia is always set to the maximum difficulty regardless of what you select when doing Fukua's storyline. Do I have you on steam? We gotta go a few rounds sometime.

Even if it was on easy/normal(I went with normal for Fukua after getting the hang of Filia) fighting Filia was just INSANELY DIFFICULT. Just to mess with the gamers. I had to do a lot of corner attacking(which were mostly 7 combo attacks), attacking her when she landed on her feet, and mostly attacking her when she wasn't filled with special attacks. Took me 20 times but it was worth it.

I don't think so. We outta do a few rounds of Skullgirls.

The Boss fight against Filia is always set to Nightmare difficulty and has 300% more health then usual regardless of the difficulty setting chosen at the beginning.
(straight from the wiki)

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - gamemaster1991 - 07-08-2015

(07-08-2015, 12:47 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: The Boss fight against Filia is always set to Nightmare difficulty and has 300% more health then usual regardless of the difficulty setting chosen at the beginning.
(straight from the wiki)

Sounds like Alpha-152 from Dead or Alive 4. Chick knows how to play the game way too well and you're lucky to last a minute if you don't know how to counter. This becomes a pain in the ass when you want to unlock Helena (beat story mode with everyone, which I assume you need to do in SkullGirls as well).

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Psychospacecow - 07-08-2015

(07-08-2015, 03:39 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(07-08-2015, 12:47 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: The Boss fight against Filia is always set to Nightmare difficulty and has 300% more health then usual regardless of the difficulty setting chosen at the beginning.
(straight from the wiki)

Sounds like Alpha-152 from Dead or Alive 4. Chick knows how to play the game way too well and you're lucky to last a minute if you don't know how to counter. This becomes a pain in the ass when you want to unlock Helena (beat story mode with everyone, which I assume you need to do in SkullGirls as well).

You don't. You get 2 characters by beating story mode (if I remember correctly), and its only their stories that you unlock as they are available out of the box. Past that is dlc that's free for current owners for 3 months.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Mass Distraction - 07-09-2015

Was that Filia fight really that rigged? I thought it was tough but not that tough. Maybe it's a good thing I'm good with Fukua.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Psychospacecow - 07-10-2015

Best I've managed was getting her to about 25% health. I have trouble getting out of her combos and never get the grapples right.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - retrolinkx - 07-13-2015

So, I spent the last 12 or so hours just playing through Arkham Knight so I could do all the side missions besides the Riddler stuff, because it takes so long to do and is very annoying, frustrating and tedious. Even with a guide.

I finished all the side missions and then went to do the final mission of the game. Once you complete it the game then tells you to "do one more side mission" so that you can do the final final part of the game. For anyone else they would've either done none of the side missions or done all of them, but for me. I had to do the riddler mission.

That's right I have to spend the next 12 hours or so collecting 243 different assortments of riddles, trophies and breakable objects. Even with a guide it's going to be fucking tedious.

So fucking stupid, it's like having to do so much shit in ME3 to get 100% combat readiness so you can get the good ending for the game.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Mass Distraction - 07-26-2015

Oh my fucking GOD! SSX just screwed me of the most epic victory I've had in the game. I beat Griff in the last race on the final stretch, I couldn't even see him anymore when I crossed the finish line, and then I'm greeted by a "YOU LOSE, TRY AGAIN" text. Even the helicopter pilot was already giving me the victory speech. And now I have to do the bullshit final stage again. Fuck you game, fuck you.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - gamemaster1991 - 09-17-2015

My Xbox 360 is dead. It says it's overheating, but after changeing the position, vacuming out the dust, and even opening it up to see what was inside, it has come to my attinchen that something is wrong with it that I have NO clue what is really wrong with it. I now have to desiced if I really want to replace the damn thing so I can play Sonic Generations THAT I GOT TODAY or save my money to but a Wii U or PS4.