VGFacts
The gaming related ventilation thread! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: The gaming related ventilation thread! (/thread-378.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Arjahn - 11-27-2015

Just uninstalled Smite, going to try and stay off of it for a while because the balance team is comprised of children and morons who have no idea how to manage a game. I know that a lot of factors go into this sort of thing and that I'm definitely biased here, but this shit is just bonkers.

These people watch Pro tournaments, then adjust everything in the game based on how certain gods perform. Seems like it should be simple enough: if one god gets picked every game, tone him back a bit. If someone's rarely if every picked, implement a buff in the test server and see what happens. Pretty straightforward MOBA stuff. But the thing is, I don't think the guys who are in charge of balancing gods have ever played the game themselves. The things they choose to balance and the severity of how they implement changes is random and nonsensical. Certain gods have been picked nearly every game for years without being touched, even though they could easily add a few small countermeasures or at least try and test minor nerfs out to see what works and what doesn't. Meanwhile, there are gods that have been in the game since 2011 who will see a resurgence in play due to some other change, have people play as them for a while and change up the meta (which is a GOOD THING), and then they'll nerf their abilities into the ground so they're back to never getting picked.

And then there are new gods who they just have no fucking clue what to do with. Every single god released this year has been a royally unbalanced fuckup. Either they're blatantly, brokenly overpowered at launch, like the beetle who could revive any teammate at half HP with protections, power, speed, and teleportation, who Hi Rez is reluctant to nerf in any capacity because streamers and pro players can't stop jerking him off (He just got nerfed a few weeks ago after being in his current state for months; or they're released with very mediocre kits and Hi Rez IMMEDIATELY nerfs them into the dirt and refuses to acknowledge them in any capacity. I've been having fun with Xing Tian, who they released about two months ago, and they are relentlessly kicking him in the balls because a few pro teams built their entire team composition around Xing's kit. Meanwhile, Serqet is an assassin who's been in the highest tiers since her release in July 2014 and had a single minor nerf in one patch that hardly touched her.

I'm not even going to get into (yes I am) how the only balance changes ever made are done around competitive conquest, which is rapidly dying off in popularity because no one wants to play a boring, unstable gamemode where everyone yells at you relentlessly. Or how 80% of the time when they try to change up item balance, they back down because a few streamers "don't like how they feel" even if they could positively impact the game state. Or how their employees slander, berate, and call in favors to PERMANENTLY BAN other players, oftentimes throwing childlike tantrums and ruining competitive games because they don't think their teamates are doing as good as they could be, and the company KNOWS this and refused to acknowledge any of it because those OFFICIAL EMPLOYEES OF THE COMPANY THAT MAKES THE GAME have more twitch viewers than any of their own smite stuff.

I'm done with this shit, I can't stand the state of the game where the popular gods get buffed or stay ridiculous while the less popular are ground into shit. It's like a fucking middle school social hierarchy where the principal is the bully's mom.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - ClaudX - 11-28-2015

I was done with Smite once they removed Hercule's beard and changed Ao Kuang from an awesome dragon into a boring humanoid.

A skin with Hercule's original model is not good enough. Not at all.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - CLXcool - 11-28-2015

I just played Sonic 2 the other day. And I remembered why I disliked it. Tail's I.q is as dumb as a brainless being. All he does is get himself killed, makes you lose the special stage, and he can't keep up with you some of the time.
[Image: ca2.gif]

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Psychospacecow - 12-17-2015

You ever play one of those Yu-Gi-Oh! games where they have character animations during the duel? It makes a 7 minute game into a 30 minutes game sometimes.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Mass Distraction - 01-08-2016

PC... fucking... master race...

Try to play a game. Controller cord not long enough, pull it out and add an extension. Try to play full screen. Not a chance. Go through online tutorials for your specified game on how to make it go full screen. Refuses to play full screen on TV screen, which is a problem because I wanted to have a stream running on my PC monitor at the same time. Try to fix problem by changing main display. Fucks up the entire resolution for both screens. Try to fix. End up with the game not working and desktop shortcuts scrambled across both screens. Fuck this, I'd rather just watch TV.

Seriously, why would I ever want to play on anything other than PC? It's so easy an uncomplicated.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Kakariko Kid - 01-08-2016

I hate grinding in a RPG. So much for finishing Final Fantasy IV Advanced.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - CLXcool - 01-09-2016

Here's one game I tried to return to so I can get the real ending for it, but after countless times. I decided to say 'screw this' and say that I 'beaten it' by just beating it the first time around when I did when I was a kid. You know what that game was? Mickey's Racing Adventure for the gameboy color. I managed to get my GBA working again so I could play it. To see if I could ever find that last train coin to get to pete's lair, I ended up finding that coin. But it turns out I needed to get six golden bones for Pete's dog in order to enter pete's lair for the final race.

So, after managing to get the first 4 bones for beating Pluto's levels. I managed to make my way to the second to last round of getting the bones. Which was goofy's levels. Needless to say, this challenge with pluto was so nerve racking that it made me rage quit about 5 times. The last level which had a shitload of ducks in it, kept me from getting to certain areas that I couldn't even get to without killing myself in the game. And I thought getting the key's to mickey's garage was a hassle to unlock the hovercar, but the pluto levels are just frustrating to me. It was like Rare decided to make something difficult way beyond for a child to play.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Mass Distraction - 01-10-2016

(01-09-2016, 06:35 PM)CLXcool Wrote: It was like Rare decided to make something difficult way beyond for a child to play.

Isn't that what Rare used to do anyway? I'm looking at you, Donkey Kong and the million things I had to collect.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - CLXcool - 01-10-2016

(01-10-2016, 09:12 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote:
(01-09-2016, 06:35 PM)CLXcool Wrote: It was like Rare decided to make something difficult way beyond for a child to play.

Isn't that what Rare used to do anyway? I'm looking at you, Donkey Kong and the million things I had to collect.

Yeah, but the stuff in the DKC series was easy to me. But I don't understand how that they managed to make things difficult for a Disney licensed game.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - gamemaster1991 - 01-10-2016

[Image: th?id=OIP.M50a097b6001ee76edacc1dbd482aca32H0&pid=15.1]

I'm just going to leave this here.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - CLXcool - 01-10-2016

(01-10-2016, 02:42 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:

Give the crown on Rare on making the most difficult game known to man.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Melcadrien - 01-11-2016

(01-10-2016, 08:26 PM)CLXcool Wrote:
(01-10-2016, 02:42 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(01-10-2016, 09:12 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: Isn't that what Rare used to do anyway? I'm looking at you, Donkey Kong and the million things I had to collect.

Give the crown on Rare on making the most difficult game known to man.

I thought it would've been given to Solar Jetman with how cruel gravity can be.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - CosmykTheDolfyn - 01-11-2016

I thought the hardest game ever was that port of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that is literally impossible to beat.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - gamemaster1991 - 01-11-2016

(01-11-2016, 08:57 AM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: I thought the hardest game ever was that port of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that is literally impossible to beat.

I've seen more people beat TMNT then BattleToads. Hell, the first time I EVER saw someone beat it was in a 4 way race and they all had invanite lives on.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - CLXcool - 01-11-2016

(01-11-2016, 11:03 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(01-11-2016, 08:57 AM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: I thought the hardest game ever was that port of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that is literally impossible to beat.

I've seen more people beat TMNT then BattleToads. Hell, the first time I EVER saw someone beat it was in a 4 way race and they all had invanite lives on.

Has anyone beaten Battletoads WITHOUT cheat codes?