VGFacts
The gaming related ventilation thread! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: The gaming related ventilation thread! (/thread-378.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - SamuraiGaiden - 01-11-2016

I've beat the first level without cheat codes. Three people in the room were miraculously stabbed to death in the process. o_<

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - gamemaster1991 - 01-11-2016

(01-11-2016, 11:45 AM)CLXcool Wrote:
(01-11-2016, 11:03 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(01-11-2016, 08:57 AM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: I thought the hardest game ever was that port of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that is literally impossible to beat.

I've seen more people beat TMNT then BattleToads. Hell, the first time I EVER saw someone beat it was in a 4 way race and they all had invanite lives on.

Has anyone beaten Battletoads WITHOUT cheat codes?

Bootsy is the first one that I've seen.

(winning run: 38:22)

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - CosmykTheDolfyn - 01-11-2016

(01-11-2016, 08:57 AM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: I thought the hardest game ever was that port of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that is literally impossible to beat.

I've seen more people beat TMNT then BattleToads. Hell, the first time I EVER saw someone beat it was in a 4 way race and they all had invanite lives on.

The MS-DOS version of the game is LITERALLY impossible to beat.  Due to this jump.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - gamemaster1991 - 01-11-2016

(01-11-2016, 01:06 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote:

The MS-DOS version of the game is LITERALLY impossible to beat.  Due to this jump.

I missed the part of the post where you said PORT. I've never seen anyone play the MS-Dos version.

To be fair, Battletoads has something simaler in the US version that makes it imposible to beat two players since there is a glitch on Clinger Wingers that effects the player 2 port.

(28:05)

......which was fixed in the Rare Replay collection, so it does and doesn't count I guess.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - CLXcool - 01-11-2016

Oh here's an issue I got with Mario Kart 7. Getting all three stars in the challenging setting in the game is very difficult. It ain't easy as it looks.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Kakariko Kid - 01-12-2016

(01-11-2016, 06:57 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Oh here's an issue I got with Mario Kart 7. Getting all three stars in the challenging setting in the game is very difficult. It ain't easy as it looks.

Yep. I bought my younger daughter a 2DS, which came with a download code for Mario Kart 7, for Christmas. Hardest Mario Kart game I've ever played in the challenging setting.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - CLXcool - 01-12-2016

(01-12-2016, 06:09 AM)Kakariko Kid Wrote:
(01-11-2016, 06:57 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Oh here's an issue I got with Mario Kart 7. Getting all three stars in the challenging setting in the game is very difficult. It ain't easy as it looks.

Yep. I bought my younger daughter a 2DS, which came with a download code for Mario Kart 7, for Christmas. Hardest Mario Kart game I've ever played in the challenging setting.

No matter how many times I get all the ten coins on each track, and do those side turns. I always get either one or no stars at all. Nintendo really wanted to put more gears into this difficulty for this Mario kart title.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Mass Distraction - 01-12-2016

(01-11-2016, 01:06 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote:

The game's not exactly hard because it would be actually tough to beat. I don't think broken games count as "the hardest ever" if they are broken in a way they can't be beaten.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - gamemaster1991 - 01-16-2016

I'm wondering how many people really like Final Fantasy II (the real II, not IV), because I find it way to much work to really play. I understand there are some thing that people hate in the other entries in the series (drawing magic in VIII and the job grid or what ever it was called in XII) but why would you make everything a grind fest. You more strength? Better hit that monster with your sword. You want better magic? better cast that fire spell. You want more ice power? Better start casting that ice spell. In a normal RPG, you would level as you fought. In FF2, everything from you magic to your attacks to your weapons to your defense has a level and if your not attacking with every weapon, useing every spell, and getting hit every so often by both Melee and magic attacks, then your not getting any better. Quest 64 did this and (from what I keep hearing) nobody liked that game. At lest the only thing I didn't like about the first game was that it was a "Where the fuck do I go?" game.

So I have to ask agien. How many people really like Final Fantasy II?

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Arjahn - 01-16-2016

Anyone else getting really tired of nostalgia trip games? I understand wanting to feel nostalgiac for games you played when you were a kid, and a few new takes and reimaginings of those old games can be fun for sure, but now we're seeing so many developers just milking that shit for all they've got. I think for me it started with Shovel Knight, since everyone called it such a masterpiece but to me it just felt like the most generic platformer I've ever played, and now they want to do a retro N64 one and I just can't bring myself to care. And I know a lot of you guys love these games, and that's fine I'm not trying to say that my very subjective taste in games should apply to everyone, but my problem is that objectively, I think this trend is really bad for games in general. When these retro games get so much hype and people are fed up with most triple-a titles, half of the games released just turn into nostalgia trips or remakes or weird spinoffs. I feel like its stifling creativity in a weird way, why would you make a nostalgia game when you can just make a new game using similar mechanics and updating them appropriately? I dunno, I feel weird, I'm starting to get excited for some Triple-A titles and desensitized with indie games, pulling a real reverse-internet over here.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Kakariko Kid - 01-17-2016

(01-08-2016, 10:38 PM)Kakariko Kid Wrote: I hate grinding in a RPG. So much for finishing Final Fantasy IV Advanced.

I gave it a second chance. I regret that decision now that I've really hit the grinding part.

(01-16-2016, 03:10 PM)Arjahn Wrote: Anyone else getting really tired of nostalgia trip games? I understand wanting to feel nostalgiac for games you played when you were a kid, and a few new takes and reimaginings of those old games can be fun for sure, but now we're seeing so many developers just milking that shit for all they've got. I think for me it started with Shovel Knight, since everyone called it such a masterpiece but to me it just felt like the most generic platformer I've ever played, and now they want to do a retro N64 one and I just can't bring myself to care. And I know a lot of you guys love these games, and that's fine I'm not trying to say that my very subjective taste in games should apply to everyone, but my problem is that objectively, I think this trend is really bad for games in general. When these retro games get so much hype and people are fed up with most triple-a titles, half of the games released just turn into nostalgia trips or remakes or weird spinoffs. I feel like its stifling creativity in a weird way, why would you make a nostalgia game when you can just make a new game using similar mechanics and updating them appropriately? I dunno, I feel weird, I'm starting to get excited for some Triple-A titles  and desensitized with indie games, pulling a real reverse-internet over here.

Unfortunately, I felt that The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds was a nostalgia-type game with respects to A Link to the Past. The puzzling dungeons gave me a good challenge and I loved the soundtrack, but, personally, it felt too much like ALttP.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - CLXcool - 01-17-2016

Nostalgia trip? Oh yes. That's my regret on revisiting FF7 and managing to beat it after finding out everything was a joke.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - SamuraiGaiden - 01-17-2016

I've had Crusader: Thy Kingdoms Come for over a year now. Got in a humble bundle, I believe. Since I finished my latest project and was waiting for a response from my freelance contract, I figured I'd load it up and try to play it.
Nope...game's from 2007 (actually 2009, but uses 2007 drivers?), apparently, so my 2015 drivers are too advanced for it. I need to download Nvidia's legacy drivers. But the place somebody on Steam linked to in order to get them, it doesn't exist anymore.
Finally find them and download them...ta da! Game finally works.

I played it for a few hours, but the controls are wonky. It's basically a Total War game, but without the turn-based strategy aspect to it. It's kind of underwhelming, especially for all the hassle I put into playing it.
I was surprised too at the complete lack of voice overs. Which is a shame, there's ample opportunity, what with the mission briefings, different units, and rpg element of having different characters.
It's a game with a nifty idea, but...the controls and details could use a little extra polish.
Meh, glad I paid like...45 cents for it, all things considered.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - gamemaster1991 - 02-21-2016

As much as I really don't mind the Werehog, I'm starting to see why people don't like his parts of Sonic Unleashed. Spending 50 mins on one level is too much time, and the Hotdog challenges don't help by making the time to beat one in 10, 15 and 20 mins. If you're spending 10 or more mins in a Sonic the Hedgehog game, you either have to be sucking really hard, or playing Metropolis Zone in Sonic 2. I will give it some slack because most of the 50 mins I spend is looking for Sun and Moon Medals, and when I do do the Hot dog challenges their done in around 5-7 mins.

I will say that the Hotdog challenges are really boring. At lest with Sonic Generations, you only had to play the whole level once in the challenges and that was when you were racing your ghost. The rest of the challanges were either small chunks of the level or just a different layout all together. Sonic Unleashed has you do the same 5 challenges (speed run the level as Sonic and The Werehog, collect rings, defet baddies, and survie) 3 times for each vendor. These show me three things, 1. The Sonic levels are really well designed. 2. The Werehog is fun to play as but controls baddly on the nerrow platforms. 3. The game is padded. I'm waiting for the game to tell me what these things unlock aside from acivments. I doing them for XP to level up faster, but I'm slowly realizing that I could do the same thing by replaying the levels normaly, and then I could improve my level rank.

The game is fine as is, but there are ALOT of problums. Still fun.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - CLXcool - 02-21-2016

I'm playing Hell yeah wrath of the dead rabbit. I really REALLY love the look of the game. But there's one small problem with I have with it. The controls of the game are driving me nuts!