VGFacts
The gaming related ventilation thread! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: The gaming related ventilation thread! (/thread-378.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 10-02-2016

(10-02-2016, 10:12 AM)CLXcool Wrote:
(10-01-2016, 12:26 PM)Space Jockey Wrote: It's the year 2016 and some people still believe JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is a Capcom property....

Who currently owns the rights to make the Jojo games anyway?

Bandai Namco, but that's besides the point. What I was trying to say by "Capcom property" is something among the lines of Street Fighter, Megaman, etc.
In other words, some people still believe that JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is original Capcom Ip rather than, you know, a an influential anime/manga franchise that has existed for around 29 years as of now (wich is as old as most people here, actually).

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Kakariko Kid - 10-02-2016

Everything I had on my XBOX 360 is GONE!!! When we got home from camping, my younger daughter went straight to the 360 only to find that all profiles, Minecraft and save data is gone.
I'VE SPENT SO MANY HOURS IN SURVIVAL ON MINECRAFT!!! Son of a biscuit!

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Hexadecimal - 10-02-2016

(10-02-2016, 01:17 PM)Kakariko Kid Wrote: Everything I had on my XBOX 360 is GONE!!! When we got home from camping, my younger daughter went straight to the 360 only to find that all profiles, Minecraft and save data is gone.

Well, first off, welcome back!

Second of all, did you make sure the memory part of it is connected right? I once had an issue like that and all it took was a few tries of taking it off and putting it back on since 360s kind of suck and are quirky like that. I hope your system is just being weird and it's not really gone forever ><

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - CLXcool - 10-02-2016

Losing all the memory sucks. It happened to me once, many moons ago. When I was playing Kingdom Hearts II. I finally managed to get the final form for Sora, then the power went out. What was worse is that when it came back, the game didn't work. I ended up not only having to buy the game again, but have to redo everything since I didn't bother to save the game.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Kakariko Kid - 10-02-2016

(10-02-2016, 01:49 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: Well, first off, welcome back!

Second of all, did you make sure the memory part of it is connected right? I once had an issue like that and all it took was a few tries of taking it off and putting it back on since 360s kind of suck and are quirky like that. I hope your system is just being weird and it's not really gone forever ><

Thank you. 

And my memory is all internal. It wouldn't bother so much, but Minecraft was downloaded. I don't have home Internet anymore and haven't been on Xbox live for over a year. If I had it on disc, I wouldn't have the updates anyways. Oh well.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Psychospacecow - 10-02-2016

Wish you luck in that regard. Best I can figure there would be to get a day of gold and a spot with some web.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Hexadecimal - 10-09-2016

Once you do a fairly decent game it's amazing how little effort you can put into the others and people will still eat it up.

The first FNAF was so great because it was super cheap and really a bargain for how entertaining it was. It used the less is more approach and built the tension with the first night being a cakewalk and making players realize you REALLY have to practice resource management to survive. It's super creepy to see the animatronics slowly creeping up to you and the subtle changes that happen from night to night like Freddy slowly starting to move and Foxy coming out of Pirate's Cove. The messages left by phone guy were also brilliantly written with their dark humor.

Yes, it's a game that got stale, but initially those jump scares were extremely effective and it's neat there was a challenge mode to amp up the difficulty.

With FNAF 2 there was no chance to get creeped out because you have no time to be checking the cameras to see what the animatronics are doing because every two seconds something is coming at you and you have to keep that music box wound up. It's tedious and boring. It completely lacked the charm of the first game.

Three was "meh". I liked Spring Trap's design and the fact you could hallucinate was really cool. Still, those new mechanics all got introduced fast and so, once again, the game got boring.

FNAF 4... So lacking that all I recall from it is just running to open doors to the hall and the closet.

Yeah, production values were greatly enhanced for Sister Location, but it's BARELY a game. All you do the first night is hit buttons. Second night you're trying to keep a single door closed. Third night it's going back and forth between restoring power and keeping Fun Time Freddy at bay. Fourth is keeping some screws tightened and shaking off these little puppet things. Fifth is following some voice commands. Oh, and I guess there's some traveling segments where you have to keep the new Foxy clone away.

Either way, even though these segments are difficult, they're over pretty fast. Honestly I think someone who's really skilled could beat the game in less than an hour.

I've only watched people play these, but I've always been interested in the idea, and it just won't stop getting more and more ridiculous and the games worse and worse. I guess when your audience is mainly 12-16 year olds it's fine, though. I'm just getting more and more irritated at what is passing as a "game" nowadays.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - retrolinkx - 10-11-2016

New Overwatch update came out.

Mercy got best skin, and their version of tf2's mvm was made.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - CLXcool - 10-14-2016

(10-11-2016, 01:11 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: New Overwatch update came out.

Mercy got best skin, and their version of tf2's mvm was made.

Everyone loves a nice good lookin thick witch.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - gamemaster1991 - 10-27-2016

I want to state this: if you are going to make a quiz mini game, make sure you do two things.
  1. Make sure the player has enough time to think and answer the question. 5 seconds is not enough time.
  2. Make sure the question makes sence. What kinda answer is Piano to the question Brown in the catagoy Opposite. I know tons of Brown Pianos.
And that's just one of the problems I have with Ape Escape Academy. At first I was going to give it a brake because it's like Wario Ware in that you play mini games to beat each level and the game is only six levels long. Then I got to thinking, WW has tons of Mini-Games to keep you busy and entertained. AEA has 10, maybe 15 games that you play repeatedly and like 6 of them are good, but that's ok because it's short. That's when you learn that you NEED to collect the three coins from each "teacher," and if you fail on one of the coin games, you have to either finish the whole round or quit to the systems main menu because the game lacks a quit option in the pause screen.

3 hours on Pink's stage just to get one chance at the specel game and failing has made me numb inside. I feel like I should be mad, but I just feel numb from shear boredom

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Kakariko Kid - 11-03-2016

(10-02-2016, 01:17 PM)Kakariko Kid Wrote: Everything I had on my XBOX 360 is GONE!!! When we got home from camping, my younger daughter went straight to the 360 only to find that all profiles, Minecraft and save data is gone.

So, my brother-in-law bought Minecraft for the 360 on a disk and gave it to my younger daughter on her birthday. I'm babysitting 3 of my nieces this weekend and they have WiFi. I'll attempt to retrieve anything I can without a Xbox Live membership, but I'll be able to update the game tomorrow because I'm bringing my 360. I'm looking forward to this.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Arjahn - 11-06-2016

Just beat Owlboy and am going to post a hearty rant below, use the bathroom and grab a snack now, because I'm externalizing my thoughts, bitch.

Starting with some positives, the game looks gorgeous, the sprite work is incredibly detailed and I mean just look at a few screenshots, it's a sight to behold. The second dungeon is honestly one of the best videogame levels that I've ever played through, it just keeps throwing new mechanics and characters at you and weaves them together in a fun way that's never overwhelming and always a blast to play. I was grinning like and idiot throughout the entire area and it might be worth the price of admission just for it. The writing is fantastic, when it's between characters you give two shits about. The villains are bland and the overall plot is really uninteresting, but when your party is going at it with eachother, it's truly fantastic stuff.  The relationship between Owlboy and his mentor is honestly one of the few times in my life that a videogame has really touched me on an emotional level, which is why it pains me to say...

God this game is disappointing, never before have I played something that started so strong and fell so far. I actually cared about these characters, that never happens and the devs just murdered it, fuck man.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Psychospacecow - 11-15-2016

Its just character motivation. Sure, its a series with school girls fighting electric mutants, but having unimportant characters that literally only serve as character or stage background isn't an issue. Frankly, I'd find it stranger if they went out of their way to have Momma Sim be a fighter.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - CLXcool - 11-15-2016

Something I wanted to get off of my chest for awhile. Whatever happened to games that were funny? I know that Yooka-laylee will have funny humor in the style of Banjo-kazooie, but i'm just talking about video games in general. Whatever happened to funny video games that had some clever and well written humor? I know that most of the games Al Lowe developed(e.g Leisure Suit Larry) had some funny stuff, but it just seems most people aren't trying their hardest for comedy in video games anymore.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Psychospacecow - 11-15-2016

Too much depth for your average arcade game, and Street Fighter "X-Com hair" Guile isn't gonna be an example. XD

A good example that I can think of would be Bulma in Dragon Ball series.