VGFacts
The gaming related ventilation thread! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: The gaming related ventilation thread! (/thread-378.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - CosmykTheDolfyn - 11-15-2016

Tried to play Sims 3 again because why not?

Downloaded it from Steam and.... not functional. At all. Every file is a test file, nothing more. IT LOADS THE TEST FILES ONLY AND NOTHING ELSE ARGH!!!
In other news, I now know that a surprising amount of test lines were written in Sim speak, and a test environment is named SWE7universitytest

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - CosmykTheDolfyn - 11-25-2016

Got Super Indie Carts, it's a fun game...
when the controller isn't vibrating. They seriously need to balance out the controller vibration or add an option to turn it off all the time. The controller even vibrates continually during the pause menu.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - CLXcool - 11-25-2016

I revisited Super Mario Galaxy 2 to finish collecting the stars. I found out that I didn't have them all and I found out the green stars from the first game are in this game. Now. As I'm trying to collect all of the comet medals(which I didn't do in my first run) I've already lost count how many times I've died in Stone Cyclone Galaxy. I'm already getting frustrated about this level if doing this was a good idea or not.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Colossus - 12-02-2016

You know what really grinds my gears?
The Nintendo 3DS has a 32GB cap on the SD cards.
On my old system, I upgraded to a micro 32GB SD card (with adapter) to prep it for when I bought the New 3DSXL, but I ended capping it out and had to delete some games (Donkey Kong Country Returns is a HUGE file btw).
Every time I see a game I want that is now released, I now have to get physical (no complaints there). If they have data they need to save on the SD card, I need to delete another game. I'm finally playing the Pokemon demo so I can get that Greenninja and delete the dang thing.
Speaking of adding memory.. The Vita is horrible on faulty memory. I had to reformat my card TWICE now within a year. I do know how to properly shut down the thing and not mess with it, but it still has problems quite often. It might be the 64GB card.. but still I do know I'm not the only one with this issue.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - gamemaster1991 - 12-03-2016

Thought it was time to sit down and beat a bunch of the games I have. After a good couple, I designed to tackle Ecco the Dolphin. Man..... I was trying to like this game. However, the bullshit that the game pulls is just not worth it. A good Example is the City of Forever (apt name). A level that pulls hidden bullshit like makeing you think you need to make a jump but then have it really be a hidden tunnel you need to take AND THEN a jump that you have very little space to make it.

I didn't do this. I raged so hard at falling that I scared my dog and now he won't come near me.

So yeah.They knew this level was bullshit and added an easy way to beat the level. Ugg. This is why I don't play games that were made hard on purpose.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 12-12-2016

You know what bugs me off about the Call of Duty fandom? The sole fact that some of them claim themselves to be CoD fans yet they never heard of the infamous "No Russian" mission.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 12-12-2016

(12-12-2016, 11:22 AM)Space Jockey Wrote: You know what bugs me off about the Call of Duty fandom? The sole fact that some of them claim themselves to be CoD fans yet they never heard of the infamous "No Russian" mission.

Filthy casuals.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Kakariko Kid - 12-12-2016

(12-12-2016, 11:39 AM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:
(12-12-2016, 11:22 AM)Space Jockey Wrote: You know what bugs me off about the Call of Duty fandom? The sole fact that some of them claim themselves to be CoD fans yet they never heard of the infamous "No Russian" mission.

Filthy casuals.

It's censored in some countries, though, right?

So, I played several hours of Mario Kart 7 online yesterday and I played hard. I finished 1st three times in a row and that was nice, but I had plenty of these moments...

(I know that's Mario Kart 8, but you get the point)

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 12-12-2016

(12-12-2016, 12:21 PM)Kakariko Kid Wrote:

Filthy casuals.

So, I played several hours of Mario Kart 7 online yesterday and I played hard. I finished 1st three times in a row and that was nice, but I had plenty of these moments...

Damn, good going !
Any foray of mine on online multiplayer always seems to end with playing people who seem to have practiced as a full time job :(

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Kakariko Kid - 12-12-2016

(12-12-2016, 01:55 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:
(12-12-2016, 11:39 AM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: Filthy casuals.

Damn, good going !
Any foray of mine on online multiplayer always seems to end with playing people who seem to have practiced as a full time job :(

One thing is for sure: these people only know one track each and dammit if their tracks weren't picked 99% of the time. Half the people would choose "random", but rarely was it chosen. I must have raced Toad Circuit 10 times and Rainbow Rainbow Road, Maka Wuhu and Wahu Loop 5 or 6 times each.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 12-12-2016

Filthy casuals.

AFAIK, it has only been removed in Russia because of....well, obvious reasons.

EDIT: found more info reagrding the subject.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - CLXcool - 12-12-2016

Cant decide if should get the Wii U version of Super Mario Maker or the 3DS version.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Arjahn - 12-14-2016

People in Ranked Overwatch have fucking brain damage I swear. I'm fighting Diamond players every game and my teamates just do not comprehend the fundamental basics of team composition. Every game I have on Defense, we have zero damage characters, can't kill anyone as a result, and get steamrolled. This isn't like a once-in-a-while thing either, I'm dropping ranks since my last 10 games we've gotten stomped because we have 2 supports, 3 tanks and a Mcree on Defense.

I'll even be a prick and blame it on my teamates too, they suck. I've gotten 1~2 golds in every single match, fuck I had gold elims on Lucio a few times, it just does not matter when your team is incapable of killing enemy characters and I do not understand how people are so idiotic about it. I've gone down 200 ranks because of this shit, I literally can't win a single game even though I'm personally doing pretty well and it's infuriating.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - retrolinkx - 12-15-2016

The Witcher still isn't fun and I'm at the final chapter, no idea how long it's going to take but if the game is going to keep on crashing for no fucking reason I might as well just give up.

It just seems to happen when I'm in a cave doing a quest, get said quest item and then leave. Boom. Game Crashes along with those 5-10 minutes I've wasted. It's just annoying.

(12-14-2016, 12:11 AM)Arjahn Wrote: People in Ranked Overwatch have fucking brain damage I swear. I'm fighting Diamond players every game and my teamates just do not comprehend the fundamental basics of team composition. Every game I have on Defense, we have zero damage characters, can't kill anyone as a result, and get steamrolled. This isn't like a once-in-a-while thing either, I'm dropping ranks since my last 10 games we've gotten stomped because we have 2 supports, 3 tanks and a Mcree on Defense.

I'll even be a prick and blame it on my teamates too, they suck. I've gotten 1~2 golds in every single match, fuck I had gold elims on Lucio a few times, it just does not matter when your team is incapable of killing enemy characters and I do not understand how people are so idiotic about it. I've gone down 200 ranks because of this shit, I literally can't win a single game even though I'm personally doing pretty well and it's infuriating.

It's just Overwatch being unfair and dumb in general. From my experience don't solo queue and find some friends who know what they're doing. That's what I did and averaged out on High Platinum (could've gone Diamond but I hate comp with a passion)

I sort of want to Solo Queue this time round and see when rank I get. Probably Gold if my friends were the reason I did so well.

Speaking of Overwatch being unfair and dumb. Got a disgusting 4 man on the other team while our team didn't get a single group.

This was the final result of the game. Defeat by the way.

[Image: 5_fucking_golds.png]

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Kakariko Kid - 12-15-2016

I'm done with Mario Kart 7 for the night. Absolute bullshit. BULLSHIT! Sunuva bitch.
Great way to start my 2 week vacation.