VGFacts
The gaming related ventilation thread! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: The gaming related ventilation thread! (/thread-378.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 01-26-2017

(01-26-2017, 06:18 PM)CLXcool Wrote:
(01-25-2017, 10:07 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: They're kinda fickle, and it could also be your 3DS port. They're relatively cheap to replace though, and if they don't work on your 3DS, you can try a charging pad.

How would I know if its the port? I haven't touched my 3DS in months. Let alone that I kept the 3DS and its plug charger in a safe spot.

If Nintendo has taught me anything during my life, it's blow into every hole you can find. That should do the trick.
Also that piece of advice is not recommended for most problems in life.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - CLXcool - 01-26-2017

(01-26-2017, 08:20 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:
(01-26-2017, 06:18 PM)CLXcool Wrote:
(01-25-2017, 10:07 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: They're kinda fickle, and it could also be your 3DS port. They're relatively cheap to replace though, and if they don't work on your 3DS, you can try a charging pad.

How would I know if its the port? I haven't touched my 3DS in months. Let alone that I kept the 3DS and its plug charger in a safe spot.

If Nintendo has taught me anything during my life, it's blow into every hole you can find. That should do the trick.

That port aint' gonna get blown anytime soon. I know not to do that for my 64 games, so it ain't happening.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 01-26-2017

(01-26-2017, 08:36 PM)CLXcool Wrote:
(01-26-2017, 08:20 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:
(01-26-2017, 06:18 PM)CLXcool Wrote: How would I know if its the port? I haven't touched my 3DS in months. Let alone that I kept the 3DS and its plug charger in a safe spot.

That port aint' gonna get blown anytime soon. I know not to do that for my 64 games, so it ain't happening.

This some weird Nintendo parallel universe you're living in, mate.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - CLXcool - 02-01-2017

So I'm trying to redownload what the previous owner had on his wii u so I can add it to my library(which were Smash Bros, Bayonetta 1 and 2, and splatoon) Splatoon doesn't seem to want to download. And I've already allowed the Wii u to reupdate itself. Splatoon wont download. Plus. I've already tried giving the code to the wii u to get Shantae half genie. And that didn't work either. I feel like screaming right now. Help please?

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Psychospacecow - 02-01-2017

Honestly, the only way to really know is to try and charge it with another charger..

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - CLXcool - 02-01-2017

(02-01-2017, 07:11 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Honestly, the only way to really know is to try and charge it with another charger..

Looks like i'm going to have to borrow my friend's Wii u charger then.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - CLXcool - 02-06-2017

Maybe if I took a picture of the back of my 3DS, maybe you guys can help me out here regarding if the charging port is busted?

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Psychospacecow - 02-06-2017

These things can be quite subtle. If its something like a short, you wouldn't be able to tell unless there's scorch marks.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - CLXcool - 02-08-2017

Here are two photos of the back of my 3DS. So is it busted or not?
[Image: tumblr_ol2trdd5Da1rx9er0o1_540.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_ol2trdd5Da1rx9er0o2_1280.jpg]

Anyone on here a 3DS fixer?

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Boyobmas - 02-08-2017

(02-08-2017, 05:15 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Here are two photos of the back of my 3DS. So is it busted or not?
[Image: tumblr_ol2trdd5Da1rx9er0o1_540.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_ol2trdd5Da1rx9er0o2_1280.jpg]

Anyone on here a 3DS fixer?

Yeah, this happened to me twice where the charging port just stopped working. (Funnily enough with the exact same 3DS model and color) My dad and I had to open up the system itself and found that the jack itself was disconnected from the motherboard. He was able to resolder it back on both times but even after that it only worked with certain chargers and even then only when I wrapped the cord around the system a couple times. I'd say either get another charger or open up the system itself. You probably need to know someone who is experienced with that sort of thing though.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Arjahn - 02-26-2017

Overwatch is kinda unplayable right now since the competitive season is on break and the matchmaking in that game is horrible, so every time I solo que there's a 5 man party of grandmasters on the enemy team and we just get destroyed.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - retrolinkx - 02-28-2017

^

Overwatch is pretty awful in terms of matchmaking. It's the perfect example of that age old joke of your team being comprised of a 12 year old, a dude's who's high, people who don't speak english and you. While the other team consists of a grouped up team of Gregor's.

I mean, I've posted TWICE about Overwatch being awful, so it's not just a one time thing.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 02-28-2017

^

Is "Gregor" supposed to be a reference to something? Like, a dude named Gregor or is just British slang?

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - retrolinkx - 02-28-2017

^

It's a general name used for that one guy who is just amazing at the game, is completely silent and will destroy and dominate your team in a single game.

If you search "Gregor Gaming Meme" I'm sure something will come up.

RE: The gaming related ventilation thread! - Arjahn - 03-06-2017

Was planning on playing Breath of the Wild on my Wii U, but my gamepad's charging port is broken. To send it in for any repairs costs $100 friggen dollars and I'm putting myself through school right now, so I'll take Crap I'm Not Paying For for 200 alex.

It'd cost me $160 just to play the one game coming out this year I was looking forward to. Might as well buy a switch -.-