VGFacts
SUPER SMASH BROS - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: SUPER SMASH BROS (/thread-4093.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: SUPER SMASH BROS - Boyobmas - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 08:03 PM)Kakariko Kid Wrote:
(03-10-2018, 11:14 PM)Boyobmas Wrote: Another bit of evidence for Smash Switch being a new entry: The small bit of music from the trailer (assuming this is a segment of the new theme) seems to be completely original.

Sounds pretty Melee/Brawl-ish to me, maybe a indication of a shift more towards the style of those games?

I don't have anything available to me to be able to remix that "new" theme, but just by listening to it, it sounds like it could be sped up with a trumpet sound and it would be close to the original theme if not exactly the same.

Someone already kind of did this and tried to make it sound like Smash 4, the main notes still seem original.

RE: SUPER SMASH BROS - retrolinkx - 03-13-2018

It is a new game in the series. Some idiot kid leaked it on Reddit, and his dad got fired from Nintendo because of it.

RE: SUPER SMASH BROS - CLXcool - 03-13-2018

(03-13-2018, 04:32 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: It is a new game in the series. Some idiot kid leaked it on Reddit, and his dad got fired from Nintendo because of it.

Do you have the source on that?

RE: SUPER SMASH BROS - retrolinkx - 03-13-2018

(03-13-2018, 08:19 PM)CLXcool Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 04:32 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: It is a new game in the series. Some idiot kid leaked it on Reddit, and his dad got fired from Nintendo because of it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/8415dx/rumor_redditor_says_father_exec_for_noa_told_them/

[Image: L_AL_ALAL.png]

Kid also deleted his comments and I think account after this, since his dad broke the no leaking agreement to his son.

RE: SUPER SMASH BROS - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 03-17-2018

I don't know about you, but I would love to see something like this in Smash 5. What do you guys think?

RE: SUPER SMASH BROS - CLXcool - 03-17-2018

(03-13-2018, 09:21 PM)retrolinkx Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 08:19 PM)CLXcool Wrote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/8415dx/rumor_redditor_says_father_exec_for_noa_told_them/

[Image: L_AL_ALAL.png]

Kid also deleted his comments and I think account after this, since his dad broke the no leaking agreement to his son.

I'll be damned. Someone actually used the 'my dad works at nintendo' excuse, and WASN'T lying about it.

RE: SUPER SMASH BROS - Boyobmas - 05-10-2018

A now-deleted tweet from a software engineer at Nintendo let slip that Namco Bandai is once again helping with the development of Smash Bros. Switch and that a new rendering engine was built for the game.
[Image: afARPkv.jpg]

(YouTube embedding isn't working for me but here's a GameXplain video with a more detailed look at the situation.)

RE: SUPER SMASH BROS - Boyobmas - 05-12-2018

In a Famitsu column, Sakurai remarked that he has a somewhat healthier work schedule for Smash Bros. Switch compared to previous entries.
"I go to work at 10:00 a.m., so I usually spend about 10 hours working each day. In the past, it wasn’t that uncommon to work until 1 or 2 in the morning so compared to those days, I’m taking it easy."
SOURCE

RE: SUPER SMASH BROS - Boyobmas - 06-04-2018

Power-A is producing Gamecube-style wired controllers for Switch, just in time for Smash 5.
[Image: N7Kis3a.jpg]
SOURCE

RE: SUPER SMASH BROS - Boyobmas - 06-05-2018

Sakurai is set to appear during the E3 Direct to introduce Smash Switch.
[Image: MrHhejs.jpg]
Original Tweet

RE: SUPER SMASH BROS - Boyobmas - 06-07-2018

The official listing for the Smash Bros. E3 Play Tickets: "Reserve your ticket here to play the new Super Smash Bros. game for Nintendo Switch."
SOURCE
[Image: C9JwtRb.jpg]

RE: SUPER SMASH BROS - Boyobmas - 06-07-2018

According to Bill Trenin, not everything about Smash Switch will be revealed at E3:

“The (Smash Bros. Invitational) tournament is going to be designed to show quite a bit of the game in terms of modes, characters and items, but obviously we won’t show everything and we’re keeping a few surprises for later in the year.”
https://gonintendo.com/stories/310735-nintendo-s-bill-trinen-says-some-smash-bros-switch-surprises-wil

RE: SUPER SMASH BROS - Boyobmas - 06-12-2018

Smash Switch is officially titled: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
[Image: 76q4z9n.jpg]
FULL DIRECT SEGMENT

Some Notable Things (Will Update):
  • Runs on a highly modified version of the Smash U Engine
  • Every single fighter ever introduced into Smash is available to play. (Including Ice Climbers, Young Link, Pichu, Snake, Mii Fighters, All Smash 4 DLC etc.)
  • Newcomers include Daisy (Peach clone), Inklings and Ridley
  • Releases December 7th.
  • Gameplay seems to be MUCH faster than Smash 4.

RE: SUPER SMASH BROS - Boyobmas - 06-12-2018

The Smash Bros. website has been completely revamped with a whole bunch of extra content like music tracks, small gameplay trailers for each character and even an update blog. It's essentially Smash Dojo! 2.0.

Bill Trinen comments on Skaurai's health and reconfirms Ultimate as a new game, rather than just an enhanced Smash U port:

Trinen: He’s totally fine. I think he had wrist issues during the development of the Wii U game. He’s fine now. My understanding is he got over it, did some rehabilitation on it, and is in good shape.
On Smash Bros. Ultimate not being a port...

Trinen: Yeah. Every Smash Bros. game is a new game. I think for me personally what really defines it as a new game is just the core change to the core mechanics. When you change the speed like that, that cascades through character motion, through the speed at which the various moves are coming out, the animations and whatnot, and you have to rebalance every character in the game, so then as a player, when you come in to start playing the game, you’re having to re-learn every character in the game. Essentially when those core mechanics are new, then the game becomes new. Then, as you saw, in addition to changing the core mechanics you’ve got characters that have new models, characters that have new moves or dramatically changed moves. Changes to even the final smashes and the speed in which those happen to match the tempo of the game and things like that. To me, overall, once you’ve changed that core mechanic, you really are looking at a new game.
SOURCE

Smash Bros. Ultimate runs at 1080p/60fps docked, 720p/60fps handheld. No word yet if those resolutions are adaptive.
SOURCE

RE: SUPER SMASH BROS - Psychospacecow - 06-12-2018

I love that Samus is absolutely livid at the news.