VGFacts
The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread (/thread-457.html)

RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - Mass Distraction - 04-15-2014

(04-15-2014, 09:53 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: Plus Samus looks disfigured as heck.

That's what years of curling up into a ball does to you.

RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - MexicanAnime - 04-15-2014

Don't care about Shiek or Zero Suit Samus, but good for the people who like them.

Charizard being by himself is neat.

Greninja is the one I'm actually looking forward to the most. It's just like Lucario again where the people who have only played the first gen one are complaining saying that they do not know who he is and are crying for Mewtwo, but considering what we're shown of his playstyle, it looks far much more fun and interesting.

That whole direct was pretty fantastic and loved the stages, the 3DS mode, and most importantly, my Glory Mode that I will mostly be playing~

RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - gamemaster1991 - 04-15-2014

(04-15-2014, 05:29 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I'm trusting you've all seen megaman's final smash so....

[Image: h6362DD05]

I have a few things to say.

1. I did not see this. I wish I did, because this is F@CKING AWESOME.
  2. I think the guy who made the video used the wrong song use this one instead:
  3. Where can I put my money to get this and a WiiU? The screen just pushes it back!

(04-15-2014, 11:01 AM)MexicanAnime Wrote: Don't care about Shiek or Zero Suit Samus, but good for the people who like them.

Greninja is the one I'm actually looking forward to the most. It's just like Lucario again where the people who have only played the first gen one are complaining saying that they do not know who he is and are crying for Mewtwo, but considering what we're shown of his playstyle, it looks far much more fun and interesting.

That whole direct was pretty fantastic and loved the stages, the 3DS mode, and most importantly, my Glory Mode that I will mostly be playing~

I'm not complaining that I don't know who he is, because I know that he is the final evolution of the water starter. I'm just complaining that he really has nothing going for him in popularity. Pikachu is the mascot in America and Purin/Jigglypuff is/was the mascot in Japan. Mewtwo is the first human sized legendary. Pichu was the first baby pokemon most of us saw. Lucario was the star of a movie (which is almost as dumb a reason as Pichu). Charizard was apart of Pokemon Trainer but was added back in because hes the most popular starter and Mega Evolution. I may not be up on everything Pokemon anymore, but I really don't see anything special about Greninja that they would choose him over Delphox (the fire starter) and Chesnaught (the grass starter).

RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - Psychospacecow - 04-17-2014

He's actually really popular, both online competitively and in the community.

RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - MexicanAnime - 04-17-2014

(04-15-2014, 11:01 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(04-15-2014, 05:29 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I'm trusting you've all seen megaman's final smash so....

[Image: h6362DD05]

I have a few things to say.

1. I did not see this. I wish I did, because this is F@CKING AWESOME.
  2. I think the guy who made the video used the wrong song use this one instead:
  3. Where can I put my money to get this and a WiiU? The screen just pushes it back!

(04-15-2014, 11:01 AM)MexicanAnime Wrote: Don't care about Shiek or Zero Suit Samus, but good for the people who like them.

I'm not complaining that I don't know who he is, because I know that he is the final evolution of the water starter. I'm just complaining that he really has nothing going for him in popularity. Pikachu is the mascot in America and Purin/Jigglypuff is/was the mascot in Japan. Mewtwo is the first human sized legendary. Pichu was the first baby pokemon most of us saw. Lucario was the star of a movie (which is almost as dumb a reason as Pichu). Charizard was apart of Pokemon Trainer but was added back in because hes the most popular starter and Mega Evolution. I may not be up on everything Pokemon anymore, but I really don't see anything special about Greninja that they would choose him over Delphox (the fire starter) and Chesnaught (the grass starter).

Jigglypuff is not really a mascot in Japan and he/she was never popular within Smash either. Pikachu has always had fame in both countries, due to the incredibly large success of the Pokemon anime, which became even a bigger it in Japan (which is saying a lot considering how the West ate Pokemon up). Also, the first baby Pokemon most saw was Togepi, not Pichu.

As PsychospaceCow said, Greninja is the most popular of the three starters due to just how he looks and how well he does competitively in which he has gained fame from. I'm glad that they didn't go with something that would just fill the nostalgia drive and went with someone who's fighting style actually looks really fun and fitting for Smash. It also gives Smash people the chance to try out Pokemon X/Y if they end up liking Greninja and want to see his roots.

RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - gamemaster1991 - 04-17-2014

(04-17-2014, 08:30 PM)MexicanAnime Wrote:
(04-15-2014, 11:01 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:

Jigglypuff is not really a mascot in Japan and he/she was never popular within Smash either. Pikachu has always had fame in both countries, due to the incredibly large success of the Pokemon anime, which became even a bigger it in Japan (which is saying a lot considering how the West ate Pokemon up). Also, the first baby Pokemon most saw was Togepi, not Pichu.

As PsychospaceCow said, Greninja is the most popular of the three starters due to just how he looks and how well he does competitively in which he has gained fame from. I'm glad that they didn't go with something that would just fill the nostalgia drive and went with someone who's fighting style actually looks really fun and fitting for Smash. It also gives Smash people the chance to try out Pokemon X/Y if they end up liking Greninja and want to see his roots.

Okay so she may not have been a mascot, but Game Freak has stated that Purin was thier favorite Pokémon, in terms of both anime and video game appearances. Still you have a point with Pichu, whch still confuses me to this day of why it was added.

I'm going to state that I have no idea about pokemon past Ruby and what I do know is what you guys and/or my brother has told me. All I know is that he is a starter and thats it. The way I see it, people who know who he is are like "Oh cool! A top teir pokemon that makes since to put in the game." while people who know very little/nothing about X/Y are like "Ok. That's nice. Where's Mr. Game-And-Watch?". I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, but I feel more exited about Sheak, ZSS, and Yoshi more than I do ANOTHER new pokemon. I think it would be better if he was only in the 3DS version and have another character for WiiU.

RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - G-Haven - 04-17-2014

So who's the grass pokemon going to be to balance that out?

RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - Psychospacecow - 04-17-2014

I'd like Sceptile.

RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - MexicanAnime - 04-17-2014

(04-17-2014, 09:14 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: Okay so she may not have been a mascot, but Game Freak has stated that Purin was thier favorite Pokémon, in terms of both anime and video game appearances. Still you have a point with Pichu, whch still confuses me to this day of why it was added.

I'm going to state that I have no idea about pokemon past Ruby and what I do know is what you guys and/or my brother has told me. All I know is that he is a starter and thats it. The way I see it, people who know who he is are like "Oh cool! A top teir pokemon that makes since to put in the game." while people who know very little/nothing about X/Y are like "Ok. That's nice. Where's Mr. Game-And-Watch?". I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, but I feel more exited about Sheak, ZSS, and Yoshi more than I do ANOTHER new pokemon. I think it would be better if he was only in the 3DS version and have another character for WiiU.

Pichu was added into Melee for the same reason Minus/Plusle, Dedenne, and other electric rodents are introduced each generation. This goes back to Pikachu being incredibly popular, and they wanted to capitalize it with Pichu, which proved to be a pain considering Pichu is one of the worst Smash character's out there.

That's fine if you're excited for those characters returning, though I find it silly for people to go "There's four Pokemon now, it's already too many!" when there's already the same amount for Legend of Zelda (Link, Zelda, Toon Link, Shiek) and even probably more so for Mario. Going off these three series, I'm more content with the Pokemon pool due to the fact that they all play differently enough from each other (As for Zelda, Link and Toon Link are incredibly similiar with Mario and Luigi being close for Mario).

RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - gamemaster1991 - 04-17-2014

(04-17-2014, 10:46 PM)G-Haven Wrote: So who's the grass pokemon going to be to balance that out?

I'm assumeing that they are going to use a full grown pokemon, and the only one that makes since to use (to me, ya'll will most like dissagree with me using more of the stats I don't understand/care about) would be Sceptile. This is due to how popular in the anime Treeco was, which, by the logic of the pokemon fans (see Jigglypuff, Lucario, Pichu, and Pikachu) must mean he's going to be in the game.

(04-17-2014, 11:19 PM)MexicanAnime Wrote: Pichu was added into Melee for the same reason Minus/Plusle, Dedenne, and other electric rodents are introduced each generation. This goes back to Pikachu being incredibly popular, and they wanted to capitalize it with Pichu, which proved to be a pain considering Pichu is one of the worst Smash character's out there.

That's fine if you're excited for those characters returning, though I find it silly for people to go "There's four Pokemon now, it's already too many!" when there's already the same amount for Legend of Zelda (Link, Zelda, Toon Link, Shiek) and even probably more so for Mario. Going off these three series, I'm more content with the Pokemon pool due to the fact that they all play differently enough from each other (As for Zelda, Link and Toon Link are incredibly similiar with Mario and Luigi being close for Mario).

Pichu was also added becuse of the Pichu Brothers shorts that were popular at the time. I also hate the fact that they want to capulize on the popular desines and people fall for them.

As for your remark on "too many pokemon," we know that there are going to be one or two more and that seems like a little too much to me. I never said that the Mario charicters were not over blown, which they are (there like what, 8 of them now) but you can imagin that the mascot for Nintendo is going to have the most. Sakrui has said that he would add many Kirby characters to the game but he wont to keep it fair for people. So having 7 Mario Characters versus the 4-5 Zelda or 3 Kirby is fair (in a "Nintendo fans love Mario" kinda way). Having 3 or 4 characters is enough for one series, but we know that Jigglypuff is going to be in the game, just like C. Falcon and Ness are going to be in the game.

Edit: I just raised that Zelda is going to have 5 charicters if they put in Ganon. Kinda talked myself in a coner with that one. I'll be quiet now.

RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - BumblebeeCody - 04-18-2014

Who wants 128 uncompressed 1080p screens?
[Image: 13892531692_1de99308e8_o.jpg]
Link: http://endless-agb.minus.com/mbopyab0NE2JXz

Pretty dissapointed by the character models. It seems to me they just retextured Brawl models and seeing them in HD just reassures that point.
Nintendo please.

RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - Zaliphone - 04-18-2014

I think the character models look great, they definitely look better than Brawl. Some more polygons would always be nice, but they don't look bad.

RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - Psychospacecow - 04-18-2014

I wonder if the models in the ds and wii u versions are the same or not.

RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - Mass Distraction - 04-18-2014

(04-18-2014, 08:06 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I wonder if the models in the ds and wii u versions are the same or not.

They have pictures from both versions for every character thus far on their site. http://www.smashbros.com/

You could check there and see if you can see any differences.

RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - Zaliphone - 04-18-2014

(04-18-2014, 08:06 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I wonder if the models in the ds and wii u versions are the same or not.

The 3DS models are definitely lower res and poly.