VGFacts
The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread (/thread-457.html)

RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - BumblebeeCody - 10-17-2014

Good video on DI compared to Vectoring:

RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - CosmykTheDolfyn - 10-17-2014

Personally, I am not a fan of vectoring, but we'll all learn to deal with it.
Also absolutely hate the new ledge grab mechanics, as you can no longer force someone to not grab the ledge by staying on the ledge. I guess we'll see more intense back and N airs to prevent recovery instead (or Little Mac just bapping people to death. That's what I'm calling that move.)
Chain grabs being out was a massive irk to me. However, that might be a premature call. True chain grabs are gone for sure, but new techs are being discovered that put back in a new form of chain grabbing involving grab to up arial to grab again. So far it's been found to work with Sheik, I'm sure more will be discovered soon.

This video does a good job of explaining the basics of this tech. To put it simply, after a grab, there is a 1 second timer that prevents you from grabbing that character a second time in Smash 4. This mechanic as added to prevent chain grabs. But certain attacks can lock and spike a character in place long enough to get a second grab in immediately. So far, Sheik's up air works.

RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - Zaliphone - 10-17-2014

I just unlocked Lucina and I'm loving the way she plays. I remember reading that she was similar to Marth, who I hate playing as, but she's a damn dream come true. Shulk also surprised me, I didn't think I would like having to change forms and whatnot, but it's really fun to play with.

RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - Psychospacecow - 10-17-2014

I like Shulk but I'm so bad at his recovery that I have trouble using him, same goes for Little Mac.

RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - Zaliphone - 10-17-2014

Their recoveries are awful, but there is a secret.

RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - Psychospacecow - 10-18-2014

The secret is play Ness and Zero Suit Samus.

RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - Takahashi2212 - 10-18-2014

Just played in a 95-man online tournament today.
Placed 58th.

RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - BumblebeeCody - 10-19-2014

(10-18-2014, 12:41 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: The secret is play Ness and Zero Suit Samus.

Play all the females, they're all good. 

RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - Pewable - 10-19-2014

Well for Shulk be sure to change to green mode very quick when out of the ring and use the yellow mode when you are at high %.
And true, Little Mac's recovery is crap, be sure to do the wall jump when you can to win some height... At least his second jump is nice! But like Zaliphone said, you dont' need to recover with him. When are we playing?!

RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - Psychospacecow - 10-19-2014

(10-19-2014, 05:51 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:
(10-18-2014, 12:41 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: The secret is play Ness and Zero Suit Samus.

Play all the females, they're all good. 

Funny enough, I know a guy who mains Zelda and he is so much better than I am. I remember in Melee when no one chose Zelda unless it was Sheik.

(10-19-2014, 06:02 AM)Pewable Wrote: Well for Shulk be sure to change to green mode very quick when out of the ring and use the yellow mode when you are at high %.
And true, Little Mac's recovery is crap, be sure to do the wall jump when you can to win some height... At least his second jump is nice! But like Zaliphone said, you dont' need to recover with him. When are we playing?!

Good question. Who wants to smash?

RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - JiraiyaSennin - 10-23-2014

GUYS MEWTWO IS GOING TO BE IN SMASH!!!!!!!!!!! I REPEAT MEWTWO IS GOING TO BE IN SMASH!!!!!!!!!! FORGET EVERYTHING I SAID ABOUT MAINING BOWSER JR. I'M MAINING MEWTWO!!!!

RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - Pewable - 10-23-2014

Not so hyped about this, I hope they will at least change everything about him. And wow the Bowser jr joins cutscene was such a troll, I was like "OOOH" then "...aaah" !

RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - Berry - 10-23-2014

(10-23-2014, 05:38 PM)JiraiyaSennin Wrote: GUYS MEWTWO IS GOING TO BE IN SMASH!!!!!!!!!!! I REPEAT MEWTWO IS GOING TO BE IN SMASH!!!!!!!!!! FORGET EVERYTHING I SAID ABOUT MAINING BOWSER JR. I'M MAINING MEWTWO!!!!

To bad you must purchase both versions of the game.

Oh yeah, their will be 8-player mode smashfest for WiiU.

HYPE!

RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - gamemaster1991 - 10-23-2014

I'm glad some one is exited about Mewtwo. I'm just thinging that they tease him for so long before saying "nope not going to have him," just to turn around and say "LOL! DLC." I hope that he comes in a character pack. Some thing like "Buy Mewtwo, King K. Rool, Kristal, Wolf, and Roy for $4.99."

RE: The Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread - JiraiyaSennin - 10-23-2014

(10-23-2014, 06:00 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: I'm glad some one is exited about Mewtwo. I'm just thinging that they tease him for so long before saying "nope not going to have him," just to turn around and say "LOL! DLC." I hope that he comes in a character pack. Some thing like "Buy Mewtwo, King K. Rool, Kristal, Wolf, and Roy for $4.99."

Yeah, I think it's within a certain promotional period that you can buy both games and get him. I also agree that it would be kind of weird to just release Mewtwo by himself, so hopefully we get a cut characters pack or something of the sort.(Wolf, Lucas, Roy, etc.)