VGFacts
Video Game Related Youtube Videos - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Video Game Related Youtube Videos (/thread-522.html)

RE: Video Game Related Youtube Videos - gamemaster1991 - 02-23-2014

(02-23-2014, 10:29 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote:

Repeat about 9 more times and you ether win or lose....... a lot.

RE: Video Game Related Youtube Videos - Hexadecimal - 02-24-2014

GET HYPED.

RE: Video Game Related Youtube Videos - Psychospacecow - 02-26-2014

RE: Video Game Related Youtube Videos - CLXcool - 03-03-2014

Puzzle plank Galaxy, the jazz cover

RE: Video Game Related Youtube Videos - retrolinkx - 03-03-2014

RE: Video Game Related Youtube Videos - Psychospacecow - 03-10-2014

RE: Video Game Related Youtube Videos - CLXcool - 03-10-2014

Testing recording with Ducktales on the original NES. If anyone asks, yes, that is my voice. Ignore the other voices in the background.

RE: Video Game Related Youtube Videos - CosmykTheDolfyn - 03-10-2014

(03-10-2014, 05:24 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Testing recording with Ducktales on the original NES. If anyone asks, yes, that is my voice. Ignore the other voices in the background.
Do you have a capture card or anything like that to record console gameplay directly?
If not, and you're only recording old games, I would suggest using OpenBroadcast System and recording an emulation of the game on your computer. Works just as well, much better quality.
Mandatory Disclaimer: Emulation=illegal if you don't own the game.
Then add in the audio post recording. I've done videos for youtube using both methods.

RE: Video Game Related Youtube Videos - Combat Lobster - 03-10-2014

(03-10-2014, 06:45 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote:
(03-10-2014, 05:24 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Testing recording with Ducktales on the original NES. If anyone asks, yes, that is my voice. Ignore the other voices in the background.
-a video-
Do you have a capture card or anything like that to record console gameplay directly?
If not, and you're only recording old games, I would suggest using OpenBroadcast System and recording an emulation of the game on your computer. Works just as well, much better quality.
Mandatory Disclaimer: Emulation=illegal if you don't own the game.
Then add in the audio post recording. I've done videos for youtube using both methods.

Also be mindful of resolution. Watching NES footage stretched to 16:9 looks really gross.

Also on the issue of emulation: Here's the deal, the act of using an emulator is not illegal; if you dump your own rom files that's your business. It's obtaining ROMs from rom sites that is illegal, so as long you don't admit to 'stealing a rom off a site' nobody will really care either way.

RE: Video Game Related Youtube Videos - GameWizard001 - 03-13-2014

I just found this funny that spooky games like Slender and Amnesia are boring to Conan but give him a mad doctor with no pants and he freaks right the F***! out!

RE: Video Game Related Youtube Videos - Hexadecimal - 03-13-2014

^ OMG! I'm watching this right now! I LOVE Conan's gaming bits, but throw in Outlast and I know it'll be extra awesome. I seriously can't get enough of watching people freaking out while playing that game.

RE: Video Game Related Youtube Videos - CLXcool - 03-14-2014

I was only doing that once to show you guys that even collectibles can still work on old gaming systems in a day of HD consoles. That sounds a bit hard for me to get my hands on if I ever do emulation of my own, but I don't plan on doing anything like that in the mere future.

RE: Video Game Related Youtube Videos - Psychospacecow - 03-15-2014

RE: Video Game Related Youtube Videos - Psychospacecow - 03-16-2014

RE: Video Game Related Youtube Videos - CLXcool - 03-17-2014

Smooth McGroove strikes again with being awesome with video games.