VGFacts
Video Game Related Youtube Videos - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Video Game Related Youtube Videos (/thread-522.html)

RE: Video Game Related Youtube Videos - Psychospacecow - 11-22-2013

(11-22-2013, 07:56 PM)GameWizard001 Wrote: I bought this game cause I was a fan of DBZ, and thought that the bad days of DBZ: Ultimate Battle 22 was far behind me.....then this game was made and realized that mediocre can reinvent itself.

So enjoy Lanipator's Let's Play of DBZ: Ultimate Tenchaichi (Maybe any game with the word Ultimate in it makes it suck)

-

What's so bad about it? It seems maybe a little too cinematic but apart from that, a new story rather than a rehash of the anime seems nice.

RE: Video Game Related Youtube Videos - GameWizard001 - 11-22-2013

(11-22-2013, 08:36 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:
(11-22-2013, 07:56 PM)GameWizard001 Wrote: I bought this game cause I was a fan of DBZ, and thought that the bad days of DBZ: Ultimate Battle 22 was far behind me.....then this game was made and realized that mediocre can reinvent itself.

So enjoy Lanipator's Let's Play of DBZ: Ultimate Tenchaichi (Maybe any game with the word Ultimate in it makes it suck)

-

What's so bad about it? It seems maybe a little too cinematic but apart from that, a new story rather than a rehash of the anime seems nice.

Actually they did rehash the anime in the story mode, but what Lani did was the "Hero Mode" which is a choose your own adventure thing but it is the combat that wasn't good. It is pretty much a pretty looking game that uses "Rock, Paper, Scissors" to decide fights. Not really fun after a while, and then you have giant boss fights that are pretty much shoot energy balls till they are knocked out then kick and punch. Repeat till health is down a bit, cue QTE scene and repeat maybe 2 more times this process and then you win.

Watch the rest of his videos and you'll see. There are about 9 of them to complete the thing he is in.

(11-22-2013, 08:47 PM)GameWizard001 Wrote:
(11-22-2013, 08:36 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:

-

Actually they did rehash the anime in the story mode, but what Lani did was the "Hero Mode" which is a choose your own adventure thing but it is the combat that wasn't good. It is pretty much a pretty looking game that uses "Rock, Paper, Scissors" to decide fights. Not really fun after a while, and then you have giant boss fights that are pretty much shoot energy balls till they are knocked out then kick and punch. Repeat till health is down a bit, cue QTE scene and repeat maybe 2 more times this process and then you win.

Watch the rest of his videos and you'll see. There are about 9 of them to complete the thing he is in.
I decided to do that after seeing the first. I'm on 3 and I can see your point. Its oversimplified. That's the problem that DBZ games have is they're either too simple or too complicated. DBZ Tenkaichi games kind of lean towards the more complicated, which are near impossible to balance. This'd be an attempt for the other spectrum that didn't do well.

(11-22-2013, 09:01 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I decided to do that after seeing the first. I'm on 3 and I can see your point. Its oversimplified. That's the problem that DBZ games have is they're either too simple or too complicated. DBZ Tenkaichi games kind of lean towards the more complicated, which are near impossible to balance. This'd be an attempt for the other spectrum that didn't do well.

The Budokai games were good though, well 1 & 3. 2 was weird cause it had this map to progress through using capsules so it was like playing a board game within a video game. A little too meta for my taste.

(11-22-2013, 09:33 PM)GameWizard001 Wrote:
(11-22-2013, 09:01 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I decided to do that after seeing the first. I'm on 3 and I can see your point. Its oversimplified. That's the problem that DBZ games have is they're either too simple or too complicated. DBZ Tenkaichi games kind of lean towards the more complicated, which are near impossible to balance. This'd be an attempt for the other spectrum that didn't do well.

The Budokai games were good though, well 1 & 3. 2 was weird cause it had this map to progress through using capsules so it was like playing a board game within a video game. A little too meta for my taste.

I actually really liked 2's story thing. Sure it was a stupid story but it was a cool concept and it worked out pretty well. The thing about the modern dbz games is that they try to be more like the show, not so much the traditional fighting game perspective, which to a respect basically makes them a whole new format. They do these simpler things, mainly to make online fairer. I know I've destroyed a controller or 2 in Tenkaichi 3 just from general use. Now, we're getting off topic so if you want to continue this, lets bring it somewhere else.

Very well a change of subject it is.

Adorable child plays Skyrim and learns a valuable lesson:

And to keep in the Skyrim theme, Conan O'Brian playing the game:

RE: Video Game Related Youtube Videos - gamemaster1991 - 12-15-2013

OH Psychospacecow. Look what came out!

The only two that I had any help in were the first and the last ones (though the last one was cut short, as it was meant to be all blood but Captain Ginyu's were censored).

RE: Video Game Related Youtube Videos - Psychospacecow - 12-15-2013

Ya beat me to it! Oh, this makes me all kinds of happy.

RE: Video Game Related Youtube Videos - CosmykTheDolfyn - 12-16-2013

This dude is absolutely awesome.

BTW, I would love to hear his voice in a DYKG video... Jus' saying.

RE: Video Game Related Youtube Videos - pAroxizm - 12-18-2013

I like this GMod video, just want to share it :)

RE: Video Game Related Youtube Videos - PixelXenoKing - 12-19-2013

(12-16-2013, 07:02 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: This dude is absolutely awesome.

BTW, I would love to hear his voice in a DYKG video... Jus' saying.

I never knew he had youtube i watch him on twitch sometimes but i just saw all his glitchfest he should make more.

RE: Video Game Related Youtube Videos - frankfrost2 - 12-20-2013

RE: Video Game Related Youtube Videos - Psychospacecow - 12-23-2013

I am scared.

RE: Video Game Related Youtube Videos - Arjahn - 01-04-2014

I haven't laughed this hard at a song in years.
Warning, explicit language and shit.

RE: Video Game Related Youtube Videos - gamemaster1991 - 01-04-2014