VGFacts
Pokemon Thread! - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Pokemon Thread! (/thread-662.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: Pokemon Thread! - Arjahn - 03-10-2015

(03-10-2015, 09:07 AM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: So you know how, on Pokémon X & Y, you get the Wonder Trade, and thereupon waves upon waves of zigzagoon and other such gems of the Pokémon world.

Well, after a few months without playing, my girlfriend picks up her copy and decides to do a Wonder Trade. What does she get first try ? A SHINY LUGIA.

And here I'm just amassing an army of traded Lv.3 Fletchlings.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I can almost guaranteee that it's hacked. Cool find nonetheless. 
I remember back in the Diamond and Pearl days, I entered a tournament at my local gamestop only to be informed that the Charizard I had gotten over the GTS was hacked. Really dampened my enthusiasm, but I ended up getting second place and a free copy of Battle Revolution, so that was pretty sweet. 

RE: Pokemon Thread! - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 03-10-2015

(03-10-2015, 10:32 AM)Arjahn Wrote:
(03-10-2015, 09:07 AM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: So you know how, on Pokémon X & Y, you get the Wonder Trade, and thereupon waves upon waves of zigzagoon and other such gems of the Pokémon world.

Well, after a few months without playing, my girlfriend picks up her copy and decides to do a Wonder Trade. What does she get first try ? A SHINY LUGIA.

And here I'm just amassing an army of traded Lv.3 Fletchlings.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I can almost guaranteee that it's hacked. Cool find nonetheless. 
I remember back in the Diamond and Pearl days, I entered a tournament at my local gamestop only to be informed that the Charizard I had gotten over the GTS was hacked. Really dampened my enthusiasm, but I ended up getting second place and a free copy of Battle Revolution, so that was pretty sweet. 

Ah shame, still, it's very exciting for non-hardcore players !

RE: Pokemon Thread! - Pewable - 03-28-2015

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/03/23/asia/china-endangered-pika/

I read everywhere that this animal (may have) inspired Pikachu... But I think this is crap. Pikachu is named Pikachu only because it's a mouse who does electricity / pika pika (to sparkle in japanese) and because mouses do "chu" for the japanese. Someone said that... And everybody is following. Or is there a real source?

Also, yes, I'm alive! Just have nothing to say.

RE: Pokemon Thread! - Psychospacecow - 03-28-2015

(03-28-2015, 07:10 AM)Pewable Wrote: http://edition.cnn.com/2015/03/23/asia/china-endangered-pika/

I read everywhere that this animal (may have) inspired Pikachu... But I think this is crap. Pikachu is named Pikachu only because it's a mouse who does electricity / pika pika (to sparkle in japanese) and because mouses do "chu" for the japanese. Someone said that... And everybody is following. Or is there a real source?

Also, yes, I'm alive! Just have nothing to say.

I wonder what its name in Portuguese is.

RE: Pokemon Thread! - Mass Distraction - 03-28-2015

And Pikachu is an electric mouse, not a rabbit.

RE: Pokemon Thread! - BumblebeeCody - 03-30-2015

Prepare to have your mind blown. Take the first 5 letters of Squirrel and combine them with the last 3 letters of Turtle and you get...

Squirrel + Turtle = Alakazam!

That's some Illuminati shit right there!

RE: Pokemon Thread! - JiraiyaSennin - 03-30-2015

Obligatory  Ekans = Snake, Arbok = Kobra, and Muk = dank memes.

RE: Pokemon Thread! - Berry - 03-30-2015

Guys, put Slow and Poke together and you get a lazy pokermanz name.

True Story.

RE: Pokemon Thread! - Psychospacecow - 03-31-2015

My favorite is Mareep.

Mareep may be a combination of Mary (from the nursery rhyme "Mary Had a Little Lamb") and sheep. Mareep is also an anagram of ampere, a unit of electric current.

RE: Pokemon Thread! - retrolinkx - 03-31-2015

(03-28-2015, 02:41 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: And Pikachu is an electric mouse, not a rabbit.

[Image: 140825.gif]

It's always weird to know that in the Pokemon world both Pokemon and normal animals live together.

I think normal animals are used for food while Pokémon are probably used for things that don't kill them (Like Miltank might be used for making Milk + Mareep for Cotton)

RE: Pokemon Thread! - Arjahn - 04-03-2015

DIDNT 'U KNO GANING!!1

EKANS BACKWARDS IS KUM, A
ND KUM FORWARDS IS MUK! MUK IS ANOTH ER POKEMOM FROM THE KANTOO   REGION!

TUNE IN NEXT TIME WHEN WE FIND OUT THE UNKNOWNS HTAT SPELL ARTICUNO! 
SPOILER ALERT, UNKNOWN A IS DA FIRST 1!

RE: Pokemon Thread! - BumblebeeCody - 04-03-2015

(04-03-2015, 02:33 AM)Arjahn Wrote:
DIDNT 'U KNO GANING!!1

No I didn't know that.

RE: Pokemon Thread! - retrolinkx - 04-03-2015

(04-03-2015, 02:33 AM)Arjahn Wrote:
DIDNT 'U KNO GANING!!1

You didn't even put in Mozart.

Mo(ltres)Z(apdos)Art(icuno).

0/10 apply yourself.

RE: Pokemon Thread! - Colossus - 06-29-2015

Just for kicks and giggles, I have a code for the mystery gift Dragonite event (ORAS). First person to enter it in gets it!
Lvl 55
Ability: Mulitscale
Held Item: Lum Berry
Moves: Dragon Dance, Outrage, Hurricane, Extreme Speed
A5ZA66P86RDALWGL
Good luck!

RE: Pokemon Thread! - JiraiyaSennin - 05-10-2016

The new Pokemon starters and Legendaries were just revealed.

Here's the whole video
If you don't want to watch the video or can't, here are the starters. In order: Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio
We know what the Legendaries look like but we don't know their names.

Which legendary do you prefer and which starter do you think you'll pick?