VGFacts
Fighting Games - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Fighting Games (/thread-80.html)

RE: Fighting Games - Berry - 08-25-2021

KOFXV is confirmed for Rollback and available on multiple platform. This is honestly going to be the greatest KOF to date if SNK previous work is of indication.

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 08-25-2021

Only 39 characters? So the game is gonna have less characters than KOF XIV? If KOF XV was made completely from scratch then I would understand, but this game heavily reuses assets from its predecessor. Are the rest of the characters gonna be DLC? Hopefully they compensate this by having the characters with bigger/more robust movesets... which seems to be intention if previous character trailers are any indication.

"The KOF series is know for reusing assets. Specially back when the series featured yearly re-" - That's besides the point!

EDIT: don't take me wrong. 39 characters is no small number, I know that. But is still worth pointing out.

RE: Fighting Games - Berry - 08-25-2021

(08-25-2021, 05:44 PM)ZpaceJ0ck0 Wrote: Only 39 characters? So the game is gonna have less characters than KOF XIV? If KOF XV was made completely from scratch then I would understand, but this game heavily reuses assets from its predecessor. Are the rest of the characters gonna be  DLC? Hopefully they compensate this by having the characters with bigger/more robust movesets... which seems to be intention if previous character trailers are any indication.

"The KOF series is know for reusing assets. Specially back when the series featured yearly re-" - That's besides the point!

I will admit that the reduced roster is disappointing, as it does leave a tense situation for players that were attached to these cut characters. I'm sure the characters were cut because SNK wanted to put more effort on UI, Content outside of Gameplay, and most especially the Graphics. For me, this suggest that SNK is going for a long-term support and we won't be seeing XVI for quite a while and it will hopefully surpass XIV roster size.

Also, SNK decided to go for a DLC Team approach instead of just singular DLC. I wonder if buying a Team instead separately unlocks additional content in story or arcade mode? It better because I can see DLC price being quite hefty.

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 08-26-2021

VF5US Version 1.10 Update (also, SEGA officially akcnowledged the VFDC community)

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 08-26-2021

The latest Guilty Gear STRIVE Starter Guide features Jack-O'.

Guilty Gear Strive Version 1.09 patch notes released

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 08-28-2021

Arc System Works has acknowledged the #jackochallenge

https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/1431678145904709636

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-01-2021

SoulCalibur 6, TEKKEN 7 Producer Motohiro Okubo Leaves Bandai Namco After 25-Year Career

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-02-2021

A trailer showcasing Ash Crimson's gameplay in The King of Fighters XV has dropped.

So Ash got a trailer before K', a character who has been confirmed since the very beginning? Ok then...

I don't like how Ash still has his idle stance from XIII in this game. He doesn't have the Sacred Treasures he stole anymore so he shouldn't be as confident as he was in XIII. He should have his idle stance from 2003 and XI instead.

On the positive side, I like Ash's outfit. And that stage looks so good!

Noel revealed for Melty Blood: Type Lumina.

Noel is a character introduced in the newly released Tsukihime remake. For those who don't know, Melty Blood is a spinoff of a visual novel called Tsukihime.

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-14-2021

Cyber-Akuma / Mech-Gouki costume announced for Street Fighter 5 and it's coming next week.

Fans already created this costume via PC mods years ago, however it seems that in the official version the wings spread out during special moves.

I wonder if we are gonna get a Zero Akuma costume (Cyberbots).

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-14-2021

Rita Repulsa, Poisandra and Adam Park revealed for Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid Season 4.

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-15-2021

Kukri has been revealed for The King of Fighters XV.

Looks like Kukri has embraced his sillier side from SNK Heroines.

Here's a playlist featuring videos showcasing all the changes made in Dragon Ball FighterZ' latest patch.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4iR8hiNslcljZAq0WAeEvVvCqPBE2Msn

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-16-2021

The Power Instinct series is gonna turn 30 in about two years. Do you think ATLUS / SEGA is gonna do anything to celebrate or at least acknowledge the 30th anniversary? Or do you think they are just going to forget about it? Here are my predictions.

Best posible scenario is that we are going to get a Power Instinct Anniversary Collection featuring all the games in the series. And I mean a proper collection like the one SNK did for Samurai Shodown.

The second best posible scenario is that Power Instinct 5 gets ported to modern consoles and PC with rollback netcode.

"Power Instinct 5? You mean Matrimelee?" - No, that's Power Instinct 4. Power Instinct 5 is arcade exclusive and never left Japan. The full title is Gōketsuji Ichizoku Matsuri Senzo Kuyou / Power Instinct Festival: The Ancestors Commemoration. To clarify, "Power Instinct Festival: The Ancestors Commemoration" is not the official English translation of the title, but rather a proposed translation made by fans.

Worst (and most likely?) scenario is that Atlus forgets the anniversary. Not even a simple acknowledgment.

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-17-2021

Marvel vs Capcom's Ruby Heart crossover costume revealed for Rose in Street Fighter V.

Ruby Heart is a Capcom character who made her debut in Marvel vs Capcom 2, being an original character for that game. Althought originally she was planned to be a Darkstalkers character.

I like how Rose's scarf changes to a chain when wearing this costume.

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-20-2021

Artist behind cover art for Street Fighter 2 in the West has passed away (His name was Mick McGinty)

Capcom has announced a new crossover costume headed to Street Fighter 5: Champion Edition, and this time is Ken Masters who is receiving a costume based on Edward Falcon from Power Stone.

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-23-2021

Throwback Thursday!

Remenber back in 2014 when Ryu appeared in a Turkish car commercial? Video courtesy of insurance company Anadolu Sigorta. Turn on captions for English subtitles.

The video shows a Capcom copyright notice at the end which implies that they licensed the character properly. The notice is on the bottom left corner.

"Why does the copyright notice says CAPCOM USA instead of just CAPCOM?" - Because Capcom Japan sold the rights to the Street Fighter IP to Capcom USA. Is the exact same reason why in Smash Ultimate you see a copyright notice for Capcom (Megaman) and Capcom USA (Street Fighter).