VGFacts
Fighting Games - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Fighting Games (/thread-80.html)

RE: Fighting Games - CLXcool - 01-29-2015

He just got lucky. I guess some people at Lab Zero are into that sort of thing. To change the subject. Has anyone on here played Anarchy Reigns? Its been dubbed as a sequel to Madworld(although, I dont call it a true sequel since its not in black and white) and there's a version of the game that has Bayonetta in it.

RE: Fighting Games - Psychospacecow - 01-29-2015

Question still stands though. Anyone mess with Skullgirls before have opinions on it?

RE: Fighting Games - Zaliphone - 01-29-2015

I used to say I didn't like fighting games. Injustice changed everything for me. It was free on PS+ and I fell in love, it was good silly fun to have with my cousin that wasn't Minecraft. That said, I won't be getting the upcoming Street Fighter, but you can be sure that MKX will be mine.

RE: Fighting Games - RepentantSky - 01-29-2015

(01-29-2015, 07:26 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Question still stands though. Anyone mess with Skullgirls before have opinions on it?

I've played it a bit but man it's hard for someone who hasn't learned how combo systems work. Even my friend who has played in a and won a few local tournaments couldn't beat the final boss until a few tries. It's cool but it's difficult.

RE: Fighting Games - gamemaster1991 - 01-30-2015

(01-29-2015, 12:42 PM)CLXcool Wrote: It kinda bothers me that Zone got the job with working with Lab Zero Games after he made a couple of 'parodies' with the girls from Skullgirls(some of them). If getting a job with a gaming studio or any animation studio was that easy. I would have done a  'parody' of John K's cutely designed pin-up girls.

Actuly, it was just due to them thinking that his (is it really a him?) animations were good and he promoted the game in the early days of it's release. I can't find the post, but I believe that Zone said they had yet seen the Skullgirl "parodies" before he went for the job.

(01-29-2015, 10:42 PM)RepentantSky Wrote:
(01-29-2015, 07:26 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Question still stands though. Anyone mess with Skullgirls before have opinions on it?

I've played it a bit but man it's hard for someone who hasn't learned how combo systems work. Even my friend who has played in a and won a few local tournaments couldn't beat the final boss until a few tries. It's cool but it's difficult.

I've yet to buy it let alone play it, but from watching people play, I can say that I agree with his opinion.

RE: Fighting Games - Mass Distraction - 01-30-2015

Awesome game, one of my favorite fighting games. And trust me, I play a lot of fighting games. It also has a great story mode where you get to know more about the characters. When I originally downloaded the demo I sucked super hard at it, couldn't beat the first battle. Back then I thought "I'll never play that game again". Then came Skullgirls Encore and I decided to give the game another go, especially after I heard it had been balanced, a lot. Totally fell in love with the game and now I'm eagerly awaiting all the upcoming DLC characters so I can get more of the story fleshed out and someone new to play as. Yeah, I'm one of the weird people who like stories in fighters. And you don't need to know any long combos, all you need is basic knowledge on how fighters work and you should be fine.

And fan service? Please. If Skullgirls is too much fan service to someone they have clearly never heard of a little game called Dead or Alive. I don't even see anything fan servicy in Skullgirls, the art is quite tasteful and the gameplay top notch.

Oh yeah, and if you're into online SG has some of the best online servers in a fighting game I've played on. I may get my ass kicked but it's definitely not because of input lag.

RE: Fighting Games - BumblebeeCody - 01-31-2015

Great fighting game. Has probably the best training options to get yourself going. Love the artstyle, music, characters and the fighting system. It's a more tame version of MvC3(less hectic) but still has crazy combos. What makes it stand out is the ability to have 1, 2 or 3 characters on a team. Obviously with less characters on a team you get more health.

Really good game but not quite what I'd recommend to new fighting game players. 

Oh and Omen just got released for Killer Instinct.

Just listen to the FUCKING GODLIKE THEME! Having a lot of fun with him.

I'd post the link to the biggest Smash Bros tournament in the world (Apex 2015) but I think it got cancelled. Shit got serious. I'll post it later on if it comes up but this could a huge hit for the community.

RE: Fighting Games - JiraiyaSennin - 01-31-2015

Here's the reddit post. It is not cancelled they found a new building to play in. 

RE: Fighting Games - BumblebeeCody - 02-01-2015

All the streams. Been fucking amazing tournament so far. great to see them bounce back from the BS of Friday.

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky
http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp
http://www.twitch.tv/bifuteki

RE: Fighting Games - Mass Distraction - 02-01-2015

Dengeki Bunko is finally getting a Western release. Too bad I already lost interest to it after I heard it didn't feature any Sega characters.

RE: Fighting Games - JiraiyaSennin - 02-01-2015

The Leffen vs Mango $1000 money match is going to happen. GET HYPE!!!

RE: Fighting Games - BumblebeeCody - 02-03-2015

(02-01-2015, 06:45 PM)JiraiyaSennin Wrote: The Leffen vs Mango $1000 money match is going to happen. GET HYPE!!!

PLACE YER SALTY BETS!

RE: Fighting Games - Mass Distraction - 02-06-2015

It seems they are pouring a ton of content for all kinds of players in the new Mortal Kombat. I might just pre-order the game even though I don't even have a  PS4 yet :D

RE: Fighting Games - Psychospacecow - 02-14-2015

[Image: JwytCTa.gif]

So, gameplay for Pokken was released a couple days ago. Thoughts?
Heihachu is best chu.

RE: Fighting Games - BumblebeeCody - 02-24-2015

Aganos and ghost girl!

Kazumi gameplay for Tekken 7

Charlie Nash trailer for SFV:

WINTER BRAWL 9 was hyyype!