VGFacts
Fighting Games - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Fighting Games (/thread-80.html)

RE: Fighting Games - BumblebeeCody - 05-02-2013

(05-02-2013, 04:44 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: I lol'd.

Ah haha. Makoto, damn she's so good in 3S... but so is Akuma so. Eh. Should be able to handle her.

RE: Fighting Games - Mass Distraction - 05-02-2013

I actually found that video through a podcast where one of the hosts told about it, he's playing as Makoto. Apparently the Akuma player had a hard time realizing that you can't block that choke move.

RE: Fighting Games - BumblebeeCody - 05-03-2013

(05-02-2013, 06:59 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: I actually found that video through a podcast where one of the hosts told about it, he's playing as Makoto. Apparently the Akuma player had a hard time realizing that you can't block that choke move.

It's a command grab. They have large hitboxes and a lot of priority meaning they'll pull you out of an attack and from a much further range than a regular Makoto. Typical Makoto style which is good and how she should be played. Don't sit still against her

RE: Fighting Games - Newt - 05-03-2013

Mass Distraction(Or anyone who has a PS3 for that matter...)

I own a PS3 and have zero friends to play games with, but I have Injustice and MK9 if you're down for a game sometime.

RE: Fighting Games - TheTrueBoss997 - 05-06-2013

(05-03-2013, 08:29 PM)Newt Wrote: Mass Distraction(Or anyone who has a PS3 for that matter...)

I own a PS3 and have zero friends to play games with, but I have Injustice and MK9 if you're down for a game sometime.

I have a PS3 and Injustice and I would play with you. I use Deathstroke but I do not spam. Unlike most Deathstroke players I learned some combo's with him.

RE: Fighting Games - BumblebeeCody - 05-07-2013

(05-06-2013, 01:05 PM)TheTrueBoss997 Wrote:
(05-03-2013, 08:29 PM)Newt Wrote: Mass Distraction(Or anyone who has a PS3 for that matter...)

I have a PS3 and Injustice and I would play with you. I use Deathstroke but I do not spam. Unlike most Deathstroke players I learned some combo's with him.

I don't see the problem with that character though. He's a Dhalsim character, a keep away. Doesn't let you get in and punishes you from full screen.

RE: Fighting Games - TheTrueBoss997 - 05-07-2013

(05-07-2013, 08:46 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:

I don't see the problem with that character though. He's a Dhalsim character, a keep away. Doesn't let you get in and punishes you from full screen.

Exactly. But people started doing his machine gun move over and over again that it annoys people. I also have to do hidden cursor to select him because people will just assume I will start doing his gun moves over and over again.

RE: Fighting Games - Newt - 05-08-2013

(05-07-2013, 03:13 PM)TheTrueBoss997 Wrote:

Exactly. But people started doing his machine gun move over and over again that it annoys people. I also have to do hidden cursor to select him because people will just assume I will start doing his gun moves over and over again.

I play Deathstroke as well, though I'm somewhat experienced with Aquaman and am planning on getting good with Shazam. And I don't spam. I combo. Believe it or not, people think the spamming is what's broken and cheap. I think combos are WAY more dangerous in a NRS game. You can combo someone to 40%.

RE: Fighting Games - BumblebeeCody - 05-08-2013

(05-08-2013, 12:21 AM)Newt Wrote:
(05-07-2013, 03:13 PM)TheTrueBoss997 Wrote:

I play Deathstroke as well, though I'm somewhat experienced with Aquaman and am planning on getting good with Shazam. And I don't spam. I combo. Believe it or not, people think the spamming is what's broken and cheap. I think combos are WAY more dangerous in a NRS game. You can combo someone to 40%.

Combos are only a small part of the game. DeathStroke doesn't need to because he's a keep away. As for damage, NRS games scale on the same/similar level as Street Fighter 4 compared to games like MvC 2 and MvC3 in which one combo means you have a dead character. Tekken also has high damage as well as Persona. NRS games are probably on the lower end of damage.

RE: Fighting Games - Newt - 05-08-2013

That was part of a problem I had with Tekken. Tekken was my first fighting game as a kid, so I like to look back on it fondly, but I noticed, even as a kid, that rounds felt short.

RE: Fighting Games - PixelXenoKing - 05-11-2013

i have 200+ wins in injustice am a Green lantern, batman, EXPERT cyborg, not bad aquaman (i can score 40% but it's a hard combo to do) 212 wins 50 loss and i play on ps3

RE: Fighting Games - StabbedCat - 05-13-2013

I never had the willpower to truly get into the deeper side of strategy in any fighting game besides Soul Calibur 2 hence why they never hold my interest for too long. Saying that, no matter what the fighting game, it is always fun with a group of friends.

RE: Fighting Games - Mass Distraction - 06-04-2013

RE: Fighting Games - BumblebeeCody - 06-04-2013

(06-04-2013, 06:33 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote:

Awesome! [Image: Kreygasm.png]

RE: Fighting Games - Arjahn - 06-09-2013

I've been playing some BlazBlue Continuum Shift lately and it's a lot of fun and very pretty.