VGFacts
Fighting Games - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Fighting Games (/thread-80.html)

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-12-2017

The official Marvel vs. Capcom YouTube channel released two tutorial videos for Morrigan and Megaman, respectively.

BTW, there are other four videos on the previously mentioned channel.

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-14-2017

Today CFN profies are the FF2 goons Eliot and Mark. The translation was provided by Miðgarðsorm of the SRK forums.

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-14-2017

The CFN website released another profile for the FF2 goons, this one is about Elias. The translation was provided by Miðgarðsorm of the SRK forums.

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-15-2017

Dragon Ball FighterZ closed beta test begins this weekend

Today CFN profile is Final Fight 2's Jack. The translation was provided by Miðgarðsorm of the SRK forums.

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-16-2017

Today CFN profile is Final Fight 2's Mic. The translation was provided by Miðgarðsorm of the SRK forums.

Yamcha and Tien (with Chiaotzu assist) revealed to be playable characters in Dragon Ball FighterZ; original character Android 21 also spotted

Brand new stage spotted for Dragon Ball FighterZ, has special ties to Kid Buu

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-17-2017

Today CFN profile is Final Fight 2's Bull. The translation was provided by Miðgarðsorm of the SRK forums.
Dragon Ball FighterZ virtual fighter cards highlight character stats, style and strengths

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-17-2017

Major fighting game event delayed after player passes away at venue

RE: Fighting Games - BumblebeeCody - 09-19-2017

First Dante combo of MvC:I ....and I found a little glitch too

Also managed to get into the DBFZ beta. Dear god that game is hype!

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-19-2017

Arika released a new trailer for their unnamed fighting game, this time featuring more of Allen Snider (the previous trailer only had a small glimpse of his back).

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-20-2017

So, looking back... what are your thoughts on SF4 Rufus/King Cobra as a character? 

I know this is a controversial opinion, but I like him a little (I SAID 'A LITTLE'. ALRIGHT?). I mean, sure, maybe Capcom overdid the stereotypes (the "annoying, loud and reckless overwheight American" stereotype, if you want to be more specific). And yes, the guy was meant to be hated by the players, but personally I think his TL;DR win quotes, in particular, are much better comic relief compared with Dee Jay and El Fuerte, both of which are really bland in terms of characterization. Maybe Capcom can turn those two into more interesting characters in the future (in a similar way to how NetherRealm Studios turned lame-ass Stryker into a badass). But anyways, that's besisdes the point.

Second, is that one fun thing about fat fighters like him and Bob from TEKKEN is seeing them using their own weight as a weapon.
In other words: when Rufus isn't busy with his multi hitting McDojo "moves", you can see him using his weight, and is capable of inflicting devastating damage to his opponets.

[Image: super.png?token=VMNXQFXX9HhBMA1rPK%2B2FExcb8M%3D]
[Image: opera06.jpg]
[Image: rufa03.jpg]

His stupidity and focus on wrong things is holding him back as fighter, much like Dan Hibiki.

Don't take me wrong, I can understand why so many people hate Rufus. However, I also think the character can be 'redeemed' without taking away what makes his stand out. It's about fixing him, not changing his entire character. But like I said, the character was meant to be hated by the players so I doubt Capcom will do that.

Now, as for King Cobra... meh. Judging on design alone he seems like your generic black dude in Gi; and if we consider the Ansatsuken overflood and Makoto his design wouldn't bring anything new to the table. I mean, maybe his gameplay and story would have redemeed him, but we can't tell for sure since he never saw the light of day.

If King Cobra ever returns to the series in some way, it would better if they use the super tall, lanky version of his desing, rather than the try hard "cool" one. 

Well, those are my thoughts on Rufus/King Cobra. What do you guys think?

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-20-2017

A story teaser for Dragon Ball FighterZ was released.

RE: Fighting Games - Psychospacecow - 09-21-2017

Ah yeah. Rufus has the best implementation of jiggle physics in gaming.

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-22-2017

Everyone's (?) favorite assasin is here.

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-23-2017

The trailers for Yamcha, Tenshinhan and #21 in Dragon Ball FighterZ have been released.

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-25-2017

http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumslinger/blog/2017/09/25/new-street-fighter-v-costumes-stage-and-music-packs-available-september-26

Check out the new Halloween costumes for SFV.