VGFacts
Fighting Games - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Fighting Games (/thread-80.html)

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 12-29-2018

Soul Calibur VI Upcoming Ver 1.11 Patch to Add Further Balance Updates, Over 100 Customization Items

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 12-30-2018

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +R for Nintendo Switch delayed until 2019

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 12-31-2018

If there's something I would like to see for Street Fighter 6 it would be an encyclopedia like the one featured in Guilty Gear Xrd, in-game. An encyclopedia featuring things like characters backgrounds, timelines, and a dictionary of sorts that explains terms such as Ki, Satsui No Hado, Psycho Power, Mu no Ken, etc.

Capcom tried to do something similar with the 30th anniversary collection, but the problem is that they used the English versions of the profiles, which come from Western sources. When it finally came out in Japan Capcom just translated those originally English profiles. Even though the original Japanese sources are more detailed and in line with the actual Canon, the Japanese version used the less detailed and more inconsistent English sources. An example of more accurate sources would be the CFN profiles.

Capcom obviously has the capabilities to do something like this right.

And before anyone starts asking, I don't think it's too soon to start talking about SF6. Capcom themselves said they would support SF5 until 2020.

EDIT: another thing SF6 could benefit from is, without a doubt, better PR. Just look at Monster Hunter World, or the launch trailer for the Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle. Heck, even things such as Haggar's letter to Cody, Falke's report and G riddle/hidden message count as PR done right. It goes to show that, when Capcom actually cares, they can do things right.

Just look at this.

This video was made by a fan, taking what Capcom already did and giving it is own twist.

Can you imagine someone with budget, resources, and direct insight from Capcom pushing forward with all that? The creative spark is there, they just need to mine it and utilize it more.

Oh, and do not release a glorified beta at full price. Now that's something SF6 could definitely benefit from.

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 01-09-2019

Dead or Alive 6 has been delayed – but only by two weeks

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 01-09-2019

Mortal Kombat 11 Image of Shao Kahn, New Announcements & Character Reveals Coming January 17th

RE: Fighting Games - Berry - 01-17-2019

For anyone that is interested,they are livestreaming Mortal Kombat 11 right now.

https://m.twitch.tv/netherrealm

Bummed out that I am unable to watch it but I usually don't get bothered by spoilers especially when it comes to fighting games.

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 01-18-2019

^
Here's a recap of the stream for those who missed it.

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/screens2/mk11-reveal.htm

Soul Calibur VI Version 1.11 Goes Live Today, Full Patch Notes

RE: Fighting Games - Berry - 01-18-2019

I am so hyped for Mortal Kombat 11. I loved everything about the reveal, from the "Finish Him" made to look even more epic, the offense/defense meters, Rhonda Rousey voicing Sonya Blade, Character design, Fatal Blow, UI, and the Yellow aesthetic.

From what I gathered from reaction, the game is being called out for being a potential carbon copy of Injustice 2, in terms on how the gameplay mechanics(zoning and the like) were shown during exhibition and the exclusion of running, now shifting back to exclusively walking. I have not played Injustice 2 but considering how popular it still was and the DLC just being overall amazing, I see it more of a compliment and I am not bothered by only walking as Mortal Kombat DOES function differently than other 2D fighting games.

In terms of character, I'm more excited for the new characters because of how just fun Erron Black and Ferra Torr were in Mortal Kombat X. I played the shit out of Mortal Kombat X(whenever I got to visit my Cousin who has it) and I want more.

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 01-24-2019

A month late to the party, but Tenshinhan was added to Hyper Dragon Ball Z' roster.

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 01-25-2019

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 01-28-2019

Bandai Namco officially announced the second season of Dragon Ball FighterZ.

RE: Fighting Games - Berry - 01-29-2019

I just recently found out that Ed Boon has been heckled on Twitter to include Shaggy from Scooby-Doo in Mortal Kombat 11 and now I unironically want Shaggy in the game. Just don't harass the guy tho.

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 01-29-2019

(01-29-2019, 06:48 AM)Berry Wrote: I just recently found out that Ed Boon has been heckled on Twitter to include Shaggy from Scooby-Doo in Mortal Kombat 11 and now I unironically want Shaggy in the game. Just don't harass the guy tho.

If they add them they are gonna nerf him extremely hard, because even in his base form he is extremely powerful. And that's just the base form, let's not talk about of Shaggy using Ultra Instinct....

RE: Fighting Games - Berry - 01-29-2019

(01-29-2019, 12:16 PM)ZpaceJ0ck0 Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 06:48 AM)Berry Wrote: I just recently found out that Ed Boon has been heckled on Twitter to include Shaggy from Scooby-Doo in Mortal Kombat 11 and now I unironically want Shaggy in the game. Just don't harass the guy tho.

If they add them they are going nerf him extremely hard, because even in his base form he is extremely powerful. And that's just the base form, let's not talk about of Shaggy using Ultra Instinct....

Word is that the rest of the roster would be lucky enough to get him to use 1 Percent of his base power.

RE: Fighting Games - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 01-30-2019

“Dragon Ball FighterZ” January 2019 Patch Notes