VGFacts
Gaming news - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Gaming news (/thread-95.html)

RE: Gaming news - Psychospacecow - 08-26-2014

I think they'd lose a good amount of name recognition if they stopped calling it Mario Kart.

RE: Gaming news - gamemaster1991 - 08-27-2014

(08-26-2014, 11:28 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: I think they'd lose a good amount of name recognition if they stopped calling it Mario Kart.

Yes, becuse renaming it/makeing a spin off called Super Racing Bros or Super Smash Bros Racing will definatly get less people to buy it and people will think it's another Antz Racing.

I think the only people who would really not buy it would be the "Hard Core" fans who think that THIS is Nintendo selling out and the moms who play it just to connet with little Timmy. (IE the people who really don't matter.)

RE: Gaming news - Pewable - 08-27-2014

Phew I was going to post that in one of the MK8 threads but then I thought "Hey, there is this Gaming news thread, I am sure they are speaking about it already there..."

I am happy about the Yoshi's colors because I always wanted it. Why Marie and not Nook though? Mystery... I wonder if we will have a female Villager hmmm.

RE: Gaming news - Carlos - 08-27-2014

(08-26-2014, 11:15 PM)JiraiyaSennin Wrote: Guys, if you pre purchase both DLC packs for Mario Kart 8 you will IMMEDIATELY get 8 different Shy Guy colors and 8 different Yoshi colors. I think both will be available for purchase by maybe midnight tonight or tomorrow for sure.

Hey, I remember something like that being on The Cutting Room Floor. Gonna go find that now.

Well, its been a few minutes, and I found it. http://tcrf.net/Mario_Kart_8 The good stuff is at the bottom.

RE: Gaming news - BumblebeeCody - 08-27-2014

(08-26-2014, 07:03 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:
(08-26-2014, 06:59 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: Nintendo said they wouldn't make us pay for DLC

;_;

Why can't DLC just be free?

because company needs money bro.

Nintendo have enough money to make 3 more consoles over the next 20 years that fail to sell like the Wii U and still not even feel the dent of that loss.

I'd rather the DLC is free but Nintendo are less "scumbaggy" of any company any the moment. Heck, it makes Mario Kart 8 worth playing again. It's good to see Nintendo having fun now.

RE: Gaming news - retrolinkx - 08-28-2014

Devil May Cry 5: Not the edgy edition has been announced.

Funny how I wouldn't care for this otherwise if DMC3 wasn't as good as it was.

RE: Gaming news - RepentantSky - 08-28-2014

That'll be awesome if it actually happens. I'm not really a fan of speculation though so hopefully we get a legit confirmation in the not to distant future.

RE: Gaming news - Mass Distraction - 08-28-2014

KDramaStars. That site is so full of shit I won't believe anything gaming related coming from them. Always it's about Capcom and every single time it's false and just plain lies.

They reported that Alice from the Resident Evil film series was going to be in RE7 for God sake!

They never, ever even have any credible sources for their lies.

RE: Gaming news - TheTrueBoss997 - 08-28-2014

(08-28-2014, 04:28 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: Devil May Cry 5: Not the edgy edition has been announced.

THANK THE HEAVENS!!! FINALLY!! You sir have just made my week!!

RE: Gaming news - Mass Distraction - 08-28-2014

I'm serious, don't trust that site. Your hopes are only gonna get crushed.

Just think about it. Why would a site about Korean TV and pop stars know about this when literally no other site on the entire internet has mentioned a thing? No actual gaming site falls for this site's "reports".

I again feel the need to point to their previous article about Alice from the movies getting a role in the Resident Evil games.

RE: Gaming news - TheTrueBoss997 - 08-28-2014

(08-28-2014, 09:16 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: I'm serious, don't trust that site. Your hopes are only gonna get crushed.

Just think about it. Why would a site about Korean TV and pop stars know about this when literally no other site on the entire internet has mentioned a thing? No actual gaming site falls for this site's "reports".

I again feel the need to point to their previous article about Alice from the movies getting a role in the Resident Evil games.

I'm putting hope in it because I remember a couple months before Capcom did copyright the name DEVIL MAY CRY so there is a chance that it could happen. But thanks for the warning, it's just that when I hear news of a new installment in a series I love so much I just wanna believe it. Hopefully it's real.

RE: Gaming news - gamemaster1991 - 08-28-2014

(08-28-2014, 06:21 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: KDramaStars. That site is so full of shit I won't believe anything gaming related coming from them. Always it's about Capcom and every single time it's false and just plain lies.

They reported that Alice from the Resident Evil film series was going to be in RE7 for God sake!

They never, ever even have any credible sources for their lies.

That's something I would like to see personaly. Even if it was a small cameo where you killed her as a boss, I wouldn't really mind.

(08-28-2014, 10:50 AM)TheTrueBoss997 Wrote: I'm putting hope in it because I remember a couple months before Capcom did copyright the name DEVIL MAY CRY so there is a chance that it could happen. But thanks for the warning, it's just that when I hear news of a new installment in a series I love so much I just wanna believe it. Hopefully it's real.

That could a sequal to DMC or a new reboot. Just becuse it seems like Capcom is listening to the fans does not mean that they are listening to the fans.

RE: Gaming news - retrolinkx - 08-28-2014

(08-28-2014, 09:16 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: I'm serious, don't trust that site. Your hopes are only gonna get crushed.

Oh shit, I guess you're right.

Saw it on another site and everyone was just like "YES IT'S CONFIRMED" so I assume without reading much of the article or finding sources.

RE: Gaming news - BumblebeeCody - 08-28-2014

(08-28-2014, 04:28 AM)retrolinkx Wrote: Devil May Cry 5: Not the edgy edition has been announced.

Speculation aside, as long as Neo_G is doing the combat or we at least have the spirit of Neo_G and the brilliance of the Style system, that's all I care about.

RE: Gaming news - CLXcool - 08-28-2014

For those who are wishing that Nintendo would do something original, this grants your wish. Talks about the studio behind Splatoon, and hinting three other original games that being developed as we speak.
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/miyamoto-is-spearheading-a-brand-new-team-of-developers#.U__Cb_ldV8E