VGFacts
Gaming news - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Gaming news (/thread-95.html)

RE: Gaming news - RepentantSky - 08-29-2014

So Shulk revealed for Super Smash, a new bravely default game called bravely second and a new 3DS with Xenoblade Chronicles playable only on that version of the system. Anyone else going crazy here. Somehow, I want that new 3DS when it comes out.

RE: Gaming news - Mass Distraction - 08-29-2014

New 3DS? I've known about Bravely Second for quite some time now but I just got Bravely Default so I'll have to hold my excitement for that for now.

(08-28-2014, 10:56 AM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(08-28-2014, 06:21 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote: KDramaStars. That site is so full of shit I won't believe anything gaming related coming from them. Always it's about Capcom and every single time it's false and just plain lies.

They reported that Alice from the Resident Evil film series was going to be in RE7 for God sake!

They never, ever even have any credible sources for their lies.

That's something I would like to see personaly. Even if it was a small cameo where you killed her as a boss, I wouldn't really mind.

No. Just... No. Anderson and his wench should not have any fotthold in the games, ever. They can just keep their boring movie tie-in mobile games.

RE: Gaming news - retrolinkx - 08-29-2014

mite b cool

Seems alright, I'll get it because I feel as if I'll miss out, but damn. It's kinda weird for them to be doing this now.

If it's stronger though, that'd be great.

It's weird, ever since I completed that Xenoblade puzzle on the 3DS, I always thought it would be cool for them to create Xenoblade on the 3DS, and look what's coming out.

Pretty cool.

RE: Gaming news - CLXcool - 08-29-2014

A release date has been announced!!! :D
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bayonetta-2-hits-wii-u-october-24-comes-with-copy-/1100-6421991/

(08-29-2014, 12:34 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: No. Just... No. Anderson and his wench should not have any fotthold in the games, ever.
Capcom committed a very big sin by accepting Anderson to do the Resident Evil movies when they should have gotten the 'dawn of the dead' creator to do the movies. Just hope and pray that whoever gets on board with the resident evil movies when Anderson is through with them knows how to do it properly. And DON'T ever get Michael Bay to be any part of it. I'll save that for a rant for another day.

RE: Gaming news - BumblebeeCody - 08-30-2014

(08-29-2014, 11:08 PM)CLXcool Wrote: A release date has been announced!!! :D
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bayonetta-2-hits-wii-u-october-24-comes-with-copy-/1100-6421991/

(08-29-2014, 12:34 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: No. Just... No. Anderson and his wench should not have any fotthold in the games, ever.
Capcom committed a very big sin by accepting Anderson to do the Resident Evil movies when they should have gotten the 'dawn of the dead' creator to do the movies. Just hope and pray that whoever gets on board with the resident evil movies when Anderson is through with them knows how to do it properly. And DON'T ever get Michael Bay to be any part of it. I'll save that for a rant for another day.

Capcom don't consider the films related to the games in anyway though. They pretty said,
"Yeah, ummm...fuck those films. They aren't actually related to games at all".

RE: Gaming news - CLXcool - 08-30-2014

Okay. Capcom just kicked the resident evil fans in the sack
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/capcom-isnt-bringing-resident-evil-hd-to-wii-u-says-its-not-their-focus#.VAIRIfldV8G

RE: Gaming news - Psychospacecow - 08-30-2014

Not really, most Resident Evil fans probably weren't planning on playing it on the Wii U to begin with.

RE: Gaming news - gamemaster1991 - 08-30-2014

(08-30-2014, 03:57 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote: Not really, most Resident Evil fans probably weren't planning on playing it on the Wii U to begin with.

I don't know. I said the same thing about Assassin's creed, Batman, and Call of Duty, and those seem to have sold well enough. Why makes you think that the fans wouldn't play it on Wii U? Seems like it would sell if Crapcom would do it.

Perhaps so, but the reason why the Creed, Bat, and CoD games were on there at all was because Wii U has specs more or less equivalent to a PS3 or Xbox 360, which those games were intended for. If they're focusing for a higher standard performance and graphics wise, then it makes sense not to include it in the list of playable systems.

RE: Gaming news - CLXcool - 08-30-2014

Psycho, I know a few people who have the Wii U that are fans of Resident Evil. And they would like to see a Resident Evil title for the Wii U. If it be a remake, remastered, or even a new game for the console. The wii U has a few mature titles, but there isn't enough to get everyone in on the console. Since we all know that the developers would rather focus on the hardcore consoles like PS3 and the 360. Capcom is missing out on making money here. There's a demand for it. But they got their heads up where the sun doesn't shine for them to see it.

RE: Gaming news - gamemaster1991 - 08-30-2014

Well since the article says that they are bringing it to "all major consoles," I would assume that they are bringing it to XB360 and PS3, which, like you said, share simaler specs as the Wii U. The only reason I would say not to port it/fans would not buy it would be the gimmick that would be shoehorned into the game. That would make or brake the experiance for many players.

I also agree with the guy writing the article. The excuse "It's not our focus" sounds like "We have no excuse other than we don't want to do it." Just say that developing the game would take too long and we don't feel like delaying development for that long.

(08-30-2014, 04:45 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Psycho, I know a few people who have the Wii U that are fans of Resident Evil. And they would like to see a Resident Evil title for the Wii U. If it be a remake, remastered, or even a new game for the console. The wii U has a few mature titles, but there isn't enough to get everyone in on the console. Since we all know that the developers would rather focus on the hardcore consoles like PS3 and the 360.

One of the relesae tytles (that was not a port of another game) was a great mature zombie game..... that was made or broken by the inclusion of the gimick. Zombie U is what I think RE HD would have been like on the Wii U, only better made.

(08-30-2014, 04:45 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Capcom is missing out on making money here. There's a demand for it. But they got their heads up where the sun doesn't shine for them to see it.

I don't feel like ranting responding to this part. Just go find one of my other rants on the decline of Capcom.

RE: Gaming news - TheTrueBoss997 - 08-30-2014

Looks like they are doing something about "swatting". Kind of good since it's become such a stupid prank
http://nationalreport.net/15-year-old-swatted-domestic-terrorism

(08-30-2014, 04:54 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote: Well since the article says that they are bringing it to "all major consoles," I would assume that they are bringing it to XB360 and PS3, which, like you said, share simaler specs as the Wii U. The only reason I would say not to port it/fans would not buy it would be the gimmick that would be shoehorned into the game. That would make or brake the experiance for many players.

I also agree with the guy writing the article. The excuse "It's not our focus" sounds like "We have no excuse other than we don't want to do it." Just say that developing the game would take too long and we don't feel like delaying development for that long.

(08-30-2014, 04:45 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Psycho, I know a few people who have the Wii U that are fans of Resident Evil. And they would like to see a Resident Evil title for the Wii U. If it be a remake, remastered, or even a new game for the console. The wii U has a few mature titles, but there isn't enough to get everyone in on the console. Since we all know that the developers would rather focus on the hardcore consoles like PS3 and the 360.

One of the relesae tytles (that was not a port of another game) was a great mature zombie game..... that was made or broken by the inclusion of the gimick. Zombie U is what I think RE HD would have been like on the Wii U, only better made.

(08-30-2014, 04:45 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Capcom is missing out on making money here. There's a demand for it. But they got their heads up where the sun doesn't shine for them to see it.

I don't feel like ranting responding to this part. Just go find one of my other rants on the decline of Capcom.
Fair enough.

RE: Gaming news - G-Haven - 08-30-2014

(08-30-2014, 05:18 PM)TheTrueBoss997 Wrote: Looks like they are doing something about "swatting". Kind of good since it's become such a stupid prank
http://nationalreport.net/15-year-old-swatted-domestic-terrorism

National Report is supposedly a (bad) satire news site.
The guy in the picture is actually from a different case, in which he killed a toddler and got 25 to life.

RE: Gaming news - PixelXenoKing - 08-30-2014

Im happy to see people are doing something about swatting. Streamers have been getting swatted recently and its becoming more common but hopefully people will understand that Law enforcement is taking action.