VGFacts
Gaming news - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Gaming news (/thread-95.html)

RE: Gaming news - tatochypz - 09-04-2016

(09-04-2016, 03:16 AM)RepentantSky Wrote: I do miss the days when things were just announced instead of announcements being made about the announcement before it actually happens. "We announce that we are going to announce something. Aren't you excited?" Please, just say it when it's time instead of trying to hype it up like that, it's more annoying than anything else.

I get what you mean, but to me I find it to be a good strategy of building up interest and excitement.

RE: Gaming news - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-05-2016

Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity Launches for PS4 on September 20

RE: Gaming news - retrolinkx - 09-06-2016

(09-04-2016, 03:16 AM)RepentantSky Wrote: I do miss the days when things were just announced instead of announcements being made about the announcement before it actually happens. "We announce that we are going to announce something. Aren't you excited?" Please, just say it when it's time instead of trying to hype it up like that, it's more annoying than anything else.

What do you expect? When was the last time you were actually excited for anything video game related?

They're more or less announcing this for investors sake and to try and create some hope that the fans of the series they're probably going to butcher for the sake of a "wider audience".

RE: Gaming news - RepentantSky - 09-06-2016

(09-06-2016, 04:56 PM)retrolinkx Wrote:

What do you expect? When was the last time you were actually excited for anything video game related?

They're more or less announcing this for investors sake and to try and create some hope that the fans of the series they're probably going to butcher for the sake of a "wider audience".
I get excited for games quite often actually and without this sort of marketing. As I said, it's annoying, and should be stopped. They want to get the news out, post a video, share it on all the social networks, pay for some damn advertising, there's options. People get mad when a trailer get's a teaser trailer and I see this as the same thing.

RE: Gaming news - CLXcool - 09-06-2016

This is literally no surprise

RE: Gaming news - tatochypz - 09-06-2016

(09-06-2016, 09:32 PM)CLXcool Wrote: This is literally no surprise

Welp, RIP Metroid...

RE: Gaming news - retrolinkx - 09-07-2016

^

Meanwhile at Nintendo HQ

"Oh, Metroid Prime Federations failed. I guess that means no one wants a Metroid game."
"Cancel plans for Metroid Prime 4 guys. No one would buy it. Go tell Retro studios, it's not happening."

[Image: tumblr_m1ksnec8K11rq14m7o1_500.jpg]

RE: Gaming news - Colossus - 09-07-2016

Pokemon Go Plus releases next week September 16th. At least North America. Probably everywhere else? I honestly didn't read it all the way. Releasing in "most of the world".
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/09/08/pokemon-go-plus-accessoryas-new-release-date-announced

RE: Gaming news - tatochypz - 09-08-2016

(09-07-2016, 09:46 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: ^

Meanwhile at Nintendo HQ

"Oh, Metroid Prime Federations failed. I guess that means no one wants a Metroid game."
"Cancel plans for Metroid Prime 4 guys. No one would buy it. Go tell Retro studios, it's not happening."

[Image: tumblr_m1ksnec8K11rq14m7o1_500.jpg]

The franchise was essentially on thin ice ever since Other M flopped. Also, the lack of acknowledgement of the 30th anniversary as well as the C&D order on AM2R can constitute as evidence that Nintendo doesn't appear to be showing any faith or even motivation in continuing the franchise.

RE: Gaming news - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-09-2016

LEGO Harry Potter Collection Coming to PS4

Koei Tecmo Lineup for Tokyo Game Show

RE: Gaming news - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-10-2016

Unreleased Warcraft Adventures Leaked

RE: Gaming news - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-11-2016

FIFA 17 To Have Limited Features On Xbox 360/PS3

RE: Gaming news - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 09-13-2016

Final Fantasy XV-Themed PS4 Gets Western Release

God Wars: Future Past Heads West in Early 2017

Assassin’s Creed The Ezio Collection Announced, Launches November 17

RE: Gaming news - CLXcool - 09-13-2016

Fans are working on a Luigi's Mansion game with the elements from the beta version of the game

I'm excited by this, but don't be surprised if nintendo throws a lawsuit threat over this once its finished and pulls it off of online.

RE: Gaming news - tatochypz - 09-14-2016

(09-13-2016, 11:26 PM)CLXcool Wrote: Fans are working on a Luigi's Mansion game with the elements from the beta version of the game

I'm excited by this, but don't be surprised if nintendo throws a lawsuit threat over this once its finished and pulls it off of online.

Knowing Ninty's attitude towards fan-made projects, I find it admirable that these people are even going full-steam ahead with it.