VGFacts
Gaming news - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Gaming news (/thread-95.html)

RE: Gaming news - Psychospacecow - 12-06-2016

That's nothing new. First I've heard of Nintendo doing it, but that's standard as it comes.

RE: Gaming news - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 12-06-2016

In a press release yesterday, Capcom declared that in addition to Marvel VS Capcom, the company is "currently focused on reviving series that have not had new entries recently, or otherwise dormant IP."

RE: Gaming news - Colossus - 12-07-2016

Want 30 games for a BUCK EACH?!?! Humble Bundle is where ya need to be.
Apparently they can only sell a limited amount, and games unlock everyday. I picked it up (might give away some codes on the podcast???)

RE: Gaming news - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 12-07-2016

MechWarrios 5: Mercenaries has been annouced.

RE: Gaming news - CLXcool - 12-07-2016

^You made me get my hopes up to think they made a commando parody game with Wario.

RE: Gaming news - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 12-07-2016

(12-07-2016, 07:52 PM)CLXcool Wrote: ^You made me get my hopes up to think they made a commando parody game with Wario.

????

I don't understand.

RE: Gaming news - Berry - 12-07-2016

Space Jockey, it seems you forgot to put the "r" letter in "warriors".

RE: Gaming news - Kakariko Kid - 12-08-2016

(12-07-2016, 05:21 PM)Space Jockey Wrote: MechWarrios 5: Mercenaries has been annouced.

^ no "r" in MechWarriors. Simple typo.

RE: Gaming news - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 12-08-2016

(12-07-2016, 11:38 PM)Berry Wrote: Space Jockey, it seems you forgot to put the "r" letter in "warriors".

(12-08-2016, 06:21 AM)Kakariko Kid Wrote:
(12-07-2016, 05:21 PM)Space Jockey Wrote: MechWarrios 5: Mercenaries has been annouced.

Just to clear things up: It was the author of the article i linked the one tha dun goofed, not me. I just copypasted the title.

EDIT: eh, who am I kidding? The fault is also on me because I didn't perform a simple proofreading process.

RE: Gaming news - CLXcool - 12-08-2016

(12-08-2016, 09:25 AM)Space Jockey Wrote:
(12-07-2016, 11:38 PM)Berry Wrote: Space Jockey, it seems you forgot to put the "r" letter in "warriors".

(12-08-2016, 06:21 AM)Kakariko Kid Wrote:
(12-07-2016, 05:21 PM)Space Jockey Wrote: MechWarrios 5: Mercenaries has been annouced.

Just to clear things up: It was the author of the article i linked the one tha dun goofed, not me. I just copypasted the title.
Someone should point that out to the said author. That way he(or she) doesn't  bring up anymore confusion.

RE: Gaming news - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 12-09-2016

The latest trailer for Shantae: Half-Genie Hero is out!

RE: Gaming news - CLXcool - 12-09-2016

(12-09-2016, 08:13 PM)Space Jockey Wrote: The latest trailer for Shantae: Half-Genie Hero is out!

See this? THIS is what happens when you put your TIME and EFFORT into a kickstarter game. You get something that's awesome. Unlike you Mighty No 9, you were a dissapointment to everyone that backed for you.

RE: Gaming news - RepentantSky - 12-10-2016

I feel like I don't need to say it for a third time, but I will. Mighty No. 9 is not a bad game. It has the same level of challenge a Mega Man Classic game should have, an actual story which is not something Mega Man really did until the X series, weapons about as useful as they ever were in any Mega Man game, two voice casts, which I don't care how many Kickstarters they had, with that amount of money, that's impressive, and it felt and played like Mega Man Classic. Sure, it's not going to be revolutionary, but then again, what is these days. How many games do you know of that could have competed with Sonic and Mario back in their early days, fact is, Mega Man was a huge game changer, and you can expect a game that plays a lot like the classic game to do the same back then. Nostalgia, as well as just wanting reasons to complain due to delays without sounding like a bitch, are the reasons people hate Mighty No. 9, not because of the quality of the game. That Mega Man quality is there, plain and simple, and if you can't see it, you are either too angry about the poor way it was handled with backers and it's adverts or you are not a fan of Mega Man classic. Either way, it's a good game, not a great one, but all one should expect from Mega Man is there.

RE: Gaming news - Berry - 12-10-2016

(12-10-2016, 01:41 AM)RepentantSky Wrote: I feel like I don't need to say it for a third time, but I will. Mighty No. 9 is not a bad game. It has the same level of challenge a Mega Man Classic game should have, an actual story which is not something Mega Man really did until the X series, weapons about as useful as they ever were in any Mega Man game, two voice casts, which I don't care how many Kickstarters they had, with that amount of money, that's impressive, and it felt and played like Mega Man Classic. Sure, it's not going to be revolutionary, but then again, what is these days. How many games do you know of that could have competed with Sonic and Mario back in their early days, fact is, Mega Man was a huge game changer, and you can expect a game that plays a lot like the classic game to do the same back then. Nostalgia, as well as just wanting reasons to complain due to delays without sounding like a bitch, are the reasons people hate Mighty No. 9, not because of the quality of the game. That Mega Man quality is there, plain and simple, and if you can't see it, you are either too angry about the poor way it was handled with backers and it's adverts or you are not a fan of Mega Man classic. Either way, it's a good game, not a great one, but all one should expect from Mega Man is there.

The problem was that the backers only funded Mighty No.9 because of Megaman, not the actual game itself. It will always be compared to Megaman and to think otherwise will be moot.

That is why it is seen as a disappointment because none of the backers actually know which era of Megaman(NES, X, Zero etc) they prefer. All they saw was "Megaman Creator=Megaman Game".

Note: Otherwise, there are Megaman based games that surpasses Mighty No.9 in terms of what it was trying to be, one example being Azure Striker(at least for me)

RE: Gaming news - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 12-13-2016

Majesco Leaves the Game Industry … to Work in Medical Tech

Games Republic Shutting Down