VGFacts
Gaming news - Printable Version

+- VGFacts (https://archive.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming Discussions (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Gaming Discussion (https://archive.vgfacts.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Gaming news (/thread-95.html)

RE: Gaming news - CLXcool - 12-21-2017

A new challenger approaches

RE: Gaming news - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 12-23-2017

Here's a new trailer for the upcoming Catherine remake. This one is focusing on the new character: Rin.

Personally, I have heard quite a lot about Catherine, but i never had the chance to play it. Looks like this is the perfect opportunity to do so!

RE: Gaming news - CLXcool - 12-25-2017

(12-23-2017, 03:36 PM)ZpaceJ0ck0 Wrote: Here's a new trailer for the upcoming Catherine remake. This one is focusing on the new character: Rin.

Personally, I have heard quite a lot about Catherine, but i never had the chance to play it. Looks like this is the perfect opportunity to do so!

Catherine was a challenging game, there are different paths you can take from it depending on what you do. People seem to be up in arms about the remake since the trailer now has the option(what appears to be judging by most of the negative comments) about Vincent dating a transgender person. I got no problem with that. After all, its YOUR CHOICE if you want to date the said character or not.

RE: Gaming news - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 12-26-2017

(12-25-2017, 09:52 PM)CLXcool Wrote: People seem to be up in arms about the remake since the trailer now has the option(what appears to be judging by most of the negative comments) about Vincent dating a transgender person. I got no problem with that. After all, its YOUR CHOICE if you want to date the said character or not.
What if I told you that nobody is actually upset about this supposed transgender character? (I'm saying "supposed" because it could also be a crossdreser or even a genderless character).

Moving on from the outrage farming.

Cube Creator X Announced for Nintendo Switch

Iwata Tribute NES Golf Removed From Nintendo Switch

Here's te ESRB rating for the new God of War game:
[Image: DRvTb2HUEAEZyEr.jpg]
From the looks of it this game will have plenty of violence but no sexual content.

When you think about it makes sense for lewd stuff to be gone, specailly considering that Kratos has Atreus with him during the whole game. It just doesn't fit the theme they are going for.

RE: Gaming news - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 12-27-2017

Metal Slug Attack introduces new unit Izabella

RE: Gaming news - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 12-28-2017

Level-5 Is Planning A "Major Title" For Their 20th Anniversary In 2018.

Nintendo Power is Coming Back as an Official Nintendo Podcast

RE: Gaming news - RepentantSky - 12-29-2017

(12-28-2017, 03:59 PM)ZpaceJ0ck0 Wrote: Level-5 Is Planning A "Major Title" For Their 20th Anniversary In 2018.

Nintendo Power is Coming Back as an Official Nintendo Podcast

If it's not Fantasy Life 2, or I guess 3 since mobile game, A Switch Yokai game or Dark Cloud 3, I'm gonna be mad, but mostly for the last one, I'll be mad at Sony, because it's their fault we don't have Dark Cloud 3. They own enough of the IP to stop Level 5 from making 3 and have been since the second game was complete.

RE: Gaming news - Hexadecimal - 12-29-2017

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/unarmed-kan-man-killed-cops-victim-swatting-prank-article-1.3726171

>< This is awful. It really disturbs me how frequently swatting actually does happen. It's no joke; those cops come in super hardcore after those calls and the victim is "guilty" for a very long time and handled roughly until everything is sorted out. It was only a matter of time.

RE: Gaming news - CLXcool - 12-29-2017

A certain game sequel's release date may have been leaked online.

RE: Gaming news - RepentantSky - 12-29-2017

(12-29-2017, 10:13 PM)CLXcool Wrote:

Yeah it sounds like BS to me. While Red Dead 2 is a big enough game to release around E3 time without losing any sales, that just seems a bit too odd to me. My thoughts have been that the game will launch either in July, or during the Fall.

RE: Gaming news - CLXcool - 12-29-2017

(12-29-2017, 11:07 PM)RepentantSky Wrote:
(12-29-2017, 10:13 PM)CLXcool Wrote:

Yeah it sounds like BS to me. While Red Dead 2 is a big enough game to release around E3 time without losing any sales, that just seems a bit too odd to me. My thoughts have been that the game will launch either in July, or during the Fall.

Noticed I have said 'may have been'. Either its info that we're not aware about, or someone who claims that they have info. I'm taking a wild guess that Red dead 2 will be out by next August or so.

RE: Gaming news - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 01-01-2018

The crew at KINGartgames released video demostrating some of the game's systems for the upcoming RTS 'Iron Harvest', among which include a fully destructible environment.
[video=youtube]watch?v=PnDWLDTPysA[/video]

RE: Gaming news - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 01-01-2018

Arc System Works decide to release Happy New Year message to their fans, on said message they also said that a 30th anniversary festival will take place sometime in 2019.
[video=youtube]watch?v=MLkYUyIZcIc[/video]
This video is in Japanese, but hitting the "CC" button on YouTube will bring up English subtitles.

RE: Gaming news - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 01-02-2018

SNK Has Big Plans For 2018, Including A 40th Anniversary Celebration And King Of Fighters XIV Update

'big plans', eh? Let's see what the future holds.

RE: Gaming news - ZpaceJ0ck0 - 01-03-2018

Shigeru Miyamoto Explains Nintendo's Hiring Process, New Focus On Handing Reins To Younger Developers.

AMD Adrenalin Driver Update Breaks Some Older Games

Mercenaries Saga Chronicles Coming to the Switch