Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)
The Walking Thread (SPOILERS!!)
(11-08-2015, 01:48 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: If you're not experienced, get bit in a stupid way.

But even experienced people don't seem to be able to get away from the stupid ways of getting bitten.
^

I guess. Unless you're overwhelmed, every way of getting bitten is stupid.
Quick catch up on this thread!

So, we have one Wolf in Alexandria. Are there more out there? I would like to think that any type of community, even a batshit crazy one, wouldn't send all of their (or their best) fighters on the first round of ambush. Or maybe it's just me wanting more from this insane group?

Where is Enid? Is she a part of another group, or does she just do better on her own?

I think I am the only person upset that Nicholas (probably) died. (I only say probably because I have a theory. More on that in a minute.) While what he did is truly atrocious, I was really enjoying watching him and Glenn work together. I feel he really was trying to be a good guy, and that he was smart enough to know he could never make up for what he did. Now, my theory- Maybe Nicholas and Glenn are both alive. Nicholas has been having weird moments of daze. Maybe he hallucinated killing himself because of the PTSD he had from the first group he left behind/got killed (long before we met him). It was in the same town they're in now, and he was steadily getting worse and worse throughout the episode. If that is the case, I think they are inside the dumpster. If it was not a hallucination and he in fact did shoot himself, I feel like he landed on top of Glenn and Glenn was able to roll under the dumpster. Either way, the acting in that scene was amazing by both actors.

I absolutely LOVED the Morgan episode. Everything about it. I am so happy that we got to see what happened to him. I do wish he would come back just a little and know that sometimes, you HAVE to kill. On the other hand, I think that he knows that if he does that, he will go back to the way he was and not be able to come back out of it again. It's one extreme or the other.

I think Abraham always needs a mission. I don't think he can last long sitting comfortably. His first mission was to keep his family safe and he failed. His second mission was to get Eugene to DC and Eugene failed that. He has to have one mission after another or he will get a little crazy. I also feel like he always needs a bit of danger to feel alive, like chasing the walkers in the woods after jumping out of a moving car, or getting the rocket launcher.

So now, we MAY have a second (and third) group(s) of possible (probable) hostiles. First, the small group of the man and woman that took Daryl's bike and crossbow. I don't think they are too big of a threat. I think they were escaping the bigger group we saw this episode and are just trying to survive. They have no clue if they can trust Daryl or not and choose not to take any chances. That shows us something important: This group they are running from is probably dangerous. Not to mention the exchange they had with Daryl (when they thought he was from the other group) about earning what they took and killing to keep a roof over your head. Now, the bigger group. I definitely don't think it's more wolves. Wolves are not that coordinated or organized (the new group knows how to surround who they want and how to do it quickly) with anything. (And the wolves are definitely not that clean) This new group seems to have a system of how things are done. And naturally, the show cleverly didn't let us see any of their foreheads. I wonder if maybe we're just getting a little peek at this group for now and we'll finish the Wolves (maybe just Wolf now) storyline or if we'll have two crazy groups at once. (Side note from this episode: I loved that the "Patty" they were looking for was a vehicle and not a person)
(11-17-2015, 09:06 AM)Beware of Cuccos Wrote: Side note from this episode: I loved that the "Patty" they were looking for was a vehicle and not a person

A good point made in Talking Dead: Who was the person who stole Patty, hid her in the bushes and then got zombified on the driver's seat? There's something that doesn't add up.
With all this build up that the comic fans have over the casting of the big bad for this and the next season (and other future seasons), I really think that the mid-season finaly will be the start of a thing called "No Way Out," which will lead into him being reviled. The fans that I've seen are looking froward to his interdution becuse they want to see an event that happens. After reading up on "No Way Out" (from wiki articals and videos on the subject), I'm waiting on a different event to happen. An even that you could say will "blow your mind" or be "eye popping," but we'll have to wait to see what happens.

As for the most recent episode, I had to rewatch it about three times to really get the whole story, as I got distracted by other things.I understand that this was the introduction to an important character that was from the comic and the first appearance of this new group (both of which, will be important for later seasons.... maybe), but it really didn't hold my attention for very long.

Now Morgan's episode was alot better. I can't tell you why it was better since they were on par with establishing plot and characters. Perhaps it had to do with wanting to know more about Morgan, so I'm going to have to rewatch the season after all of the back 8 come out to see if my opinion changes.

(11-17-2015, 09:06 AM)Beware of Cuccos Wrote: Now, my theory- Maybe Nicholas and Glenn are both alive. Nicholas has been having weird moments of daze. Maybe he hallucinated killing himself because of the PTSD he had from the first group he left behind/got killed (long before we met him). It was in the same town they're in now, and he was steadily getting worse and worse throughout the episode. If that is the case, I think they are inside the dumpster. If it was not a hallucination and he in fact did shoot himself, I feel like he landed on top of Glenn and Glenn was able to roll under the dumpster. Either way, the acting in that scene was amazing by both actors.

After hearing this for the first time, I agreed that it was possible, but after studying the scene, I don't think so any more. The scene is just way to well shoot to be a dream (if that make sence). If they were going for that I think they would have had more clues point to it. Also, I don't think this is the type of series to pull a Dallas (say one charicter died but then say "Oh it was just a dream/hallucination.").

CHRIS HARDWICK READ MY TWEET LIVE LAST NIGHT. I LOST MY SHIT.
So, Enid didn't save Glenn like I predicted. But she was there, so I'm content.
It looks like we're about to have a lot of action with the building falling over the wall. I'm excited.

Btw, I lose my shit when I flush the toilet. I don't even need Chris Hardwick ;-)
(11-23-2015, 02:11 PM)Kakariko Kid Wrote: So, Enid didn't save Glenn like I predicted. But she was there, so I'm content.
She kinda did though, kinda. Who killed the zombies though? I mean, there were a shit ton of them and now there were just piles of bodies.
(11-23-2015, 03:52 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote:
(11-23-2015, 02:11 PM)Kakariko Kid Wrote: So, Enid didn't save Glenn like I predicted. But she was there, so I'm content.
She kinda did though, kinda. Who killed the zombies though? I mean, there were a shit ton of them and now there were just piles of bodies.

Even if she didn't kill the walkers, she gave him a water bottle (really two since she broke the first one somehow), which is pretty much a life saver for Glenn at the moment.

Also, Holy Crap! The wall is down! No Way Out is coming up. Since we all know that someone is going to die (becuse someone ALWAYS dies at the mid-season and season finales), I want to make a prediction or two on who it's going to be. My first guess is Maggie and/or the baby. After all of this worrying about Glenn, it would twist the Dagger if, like the last two seasons did for Hershel and Beth, a Greene died. Maggie is already this close to snapping from all her family dying.
Either way, I hope that No Way Out lasts for three episodes.
And now Cuccos' username has been heard on Finnish television :D
(11-25-2015, 04:27 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: And now Cuccos' username has been heard on Finnish television :D

This changes the subject for a moment, but someone should add another chapter to the Cuccos lore.
(11-25-2015, 07:40 PM)Kakariko Kid Wrote:
(11-25-2015, 04:27 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote: And now Cuccos' username has been heard on Finnish television :D

This changes the subject for a moment, but someone should add another chapter to the Cuccos lore.

That was such a powerful suggestion that my sound card literally died the instant I opened this page and read it. Scared the shit out of me.
[Image: 10406600_563854570382571_149020084153823...e=56AC1DA1]
Gotta wait until February! Why!?
I'm really not happy with the episode. I do think that it was good, but it was not midseason finale worthy. It's missing the cliff hanger punch that the others have, such as Sophia being in the barn in season 2 or Merle and Daryl in the walker pit in season 3. The only real big punch that the episode had was the kid trying to get his mom's atenchen, when she just told him not 5 minites ago to stay quiet. Man, I don't like kids on this show.

At lest Deanna was able to go out like a badass. She may have been a red shirt, but unlike all of the other red shirts, she was a well writen and well liked, to the point that I was tearing up when she was on screen.