05-22-2016, 03:53 PM
(05-22-2016, 11:01 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: /r/fireemblem takes me to some strange places.
http://www.badassoftheweek.com/
Huge fan of his. Got the chance to interview him once for the online writer's group I'm part of.
| Important Announcement |
| Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts. |
|
The Chit Chat Thread: 2 (Electric Boogaloo?)
|
|
05-22-2016, 03:53 PM
(05-22-2016, 11:01 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote: /r/fireemblem takes me to some strange places. Huge fan of his. Got the chance to interview him once for the online writer's group I'm part of.
05-22-2016, 07:31 PM
05-23-2016, 03:37 PM
So..... professional wrestler Kane is considering running for Knoxville County Mayor in 2018 . It doesn't surprise me, but I think it is kinda weird since I live about 45 miles away and my brother had met him.
05-26-2016, 01:24 AM
Whelp...I interview for a new job in about 12 hours. I stand to actually make significantly less money with this job, even though it pays 25 cents an hour more. But that reason is because I will be working significantly less. I will no longer be on call 128 hours a week, without pay, I will no longer have to wait for my habitually late relief to show up almost every day unpaid, and I will be able to put in a resignation letter that will all but doom my employer at my post.
I generally don't try to get my hopes up in these cases, but when I mentioned my interest in the position the manager scheduled me for an interview before I'd finished my application. That's got to be a good sign. Of course I still remember when I interview a Journeyman Platemaker job several years back when I worked for the local newspaper and after meeting the guy who got the job I wound up riding the elevator up with the recruiter from HR. In her nervousness at being trapped on an elevator with me she admitted that I was the more qualified candidate, but since I was sub-contracted and the 2nd-most qualified candidate was already an employee of the paper in a different department it was just easier for them to hire him for it. Less paperwork to transfer a current employee than it was to hire a new employee. So I know there's no such thing as a sure-fire job.
05-26-2016, 09:25 PM
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2016, 09:26 PM by SERIOUSLY THOUGH.)
I've got a 10k run Saturday afternoon. Looks like I'm going to have a brilliant time.
![]() That's thunderstorms and 37C/98.6F with the humidity factor. And to think that two weeks ago, we were still in the negatives... Man alive.
05-26-2016, 09:28 PM
It's La Nina, I hear on the news.
05-30-2016, 12:35 AM
So I wanted to find the lowest ranking anime on MyAnimeList, and I was going to watch it.
I didn't expect to find a two episode OVA about a woman sitting on a man's face for 67 minutes combined, with no subs to even remotely give any kind of indication to what the hell was going on, but from what I could tell from the three minutes I watched of the beginning and the end, was that she killed someone by just sitting on their face until they suffocated and then laughed about it. From what I could gather, she was retelling the story to someone else and thoroughly enjoyed it. I gave it a 10/10 regardless and put it on my list.
05-30-2016, 07:19 AM
Never worry about your unfaithful partner watching Netflix without you again and leaving you behind!
http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/these-comm...und-171696
06-12-2016, 10:20 PM
How are turkey legs a medieval fantasy thing? They're native to North America.
06-13-2016, 01:22 AM
Goose legs, swan legs, maybe even duck or chicken...but yes, Turkey not so much. You are correct in that strangetude.
I mean, there were royal ranks for Keeper of the Swans and stuff like that. I guess it's just an analog, we don't eat Swans nowadays, so we replace it with Turkey. Kind of like how no one in their right mind would eat a Pigeon nowadays, but in the early 20th century they were considered a delicacy. They were on the 1st Class menu on the Titanic: Roasted Pigeon.
06-13-2016, 07:31 AM
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2016, 08:31 AM by SERIOUSLY THOUGH.)
(06-13-2016, 01:22 AM)SamuraiGaiden Wrote: Goose legs, swan legs, maybe even duck or chicken...but yes, Turkey not so much. You are correct in that strangetude. Actually had some wood pigeon a few years back in London, very good meat. I don't think they used to eat the inner-grey pigeons, probably just as unappetising as they are today !
06-27-2016, 07:45 PM
I remembered this place existed
Hi I guess
07-04-2016, 05:46 AM
Happy 4th of July to our American members !
Have fun doing the things you do on your Independence Day.
07-04-2016, 11:06 AM
Quick, we gotta blow up the sky!
07-06-2016, 10:41 PM
Fanta have made a Zero version of Fruit Twist.
If you're an occasional drinker of Fanta, and enjoy Fruit Twise. Buy the Zero version since it tastes exactly the same as the normal one. |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|