Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
What was your first video game that you can remember?
Err...Pokémon Red and Blue spring to mind.

Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins

Small Soldiers for the Gameboy

Motherfucking Blade for the gameboy too.

Then I guess Dreamcast titles like MSR, Quake 3, Sonic and Chu Chu Rocket.
(01-17-2014, 03:04 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: Small Soldiers for the Gameboy

OMG that game was amazing! I played it almost through in one go at a friend's place. I think it wasn't his own since I didn't beat it fully and never saw it there again.
Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt combo game for the NES, god I think I was 4 or 5 when I first played that, so around 92' or 93'......god I feel old.
First played - either Frogger or Tank on the Atari 2600 at my granny's house.

First owned - The original Super Mario Bros. (Mario/Duck Hunt combo) on the NES. I also remember beating it when I was 4 years old (1988), in the middle of the night after I woke up from a nightmare or something. I was also grounded from video games and my mom walked in and made me turn it off. Not a problem, I already saved the princess.
(01-29-2014, 01:42 AM)eatona Wrote: First played - either Frogger or Tank on the Atari 2600 at my granny's house.

First owned - The original Super Mario Bros. (Mario/Duck Hunt combo) on the NES. I also remember beating it when I was 4 years old (1988), in the middle of the night after I woke up from a nightmare or something. I was also grounded from video games and my mom walked in and made me turn it off. Not a problem, I already saved the princess.

[Image: FqcXrA4.jpg]

That's cool.
(01-29-2014, 01:17 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(01-29-2014, 01:42 AM)eatona Wrote: First played - either Frogger or Tank on the Atari 2600 at my granny's house.

[Image: FqcXrA4.jpg]

That's cool.

Love it! How in the world did I miss that? I'm finding that and putting it on FB and tagging my game family and friends.
I forgot to put what consoles i first played MK2 on. It was a Arcade Machine
The first video game overall? Something Mario related, can't remember the much about it

On the other hand, the first one I've owned is Cartoon Network Racing for the Nintendo DS
My first one was an awesome Chess game where once you landed on a piece's space you had to battle them. Each piece fought differently like, if I remember correctly, the Pawns were slow and had a short-range melee attack with 1 HP...
The rooks were fast, but only had a weak ranged attack (I think they were actually 'archers' in the game, not rooks); also only 1 HP.
Knights had a ranged attack, but only if their health was full (Legend of Zelda style), otherwise they were like a faster pawn and had 3 HP.
The Bishop had a strong ranged attack and 1 HP.
The King was like a slower version of the knight, but only had 2 HP.
And the Queen was like a Bishop, but with 3 HP.

It was played on some kind of computer-drive thingy. You just plugged it into a television set and put in a 6.14inch floppy disk with the game on it. It may have been made by Zenith, however that may have just been the brand of TV we had it plugged into.
It was all black and white (although so was the TV so who knows, game might have been in color?).

Beyond that it was Breakout for the Atari 2600 and then we move up to the original NES Mario/Duck Hunt combination.

The first game I ever bought (with my parent's money, mind you...I was like 4 or 5) was Predator for the NES. Huge fan of the movie and the game was...playable.
The first game I ever bought with my own money was a tie between Altered Beast and Chakahn the Forever Man for the Sega Genesis.

That should cover just about everything. :)

Edit:
Oh and of course my own little motif...
The first samurai game I ever played was actually Shogun: Total War. ^_^
(01-31-2016, 04:47 PM)SamuraiGaiden Wrote: My first one was an awesome Chess game where once you landed on a piece's space you had to battle them. Each piece fought differently like, if I remember correctly, the Pawns were slow and had a short-range melee attack with 1 HP...
The rooks were fast, but only had a weak ranged attack (I think they were actually 'archers' in the game, not rooks); also only 1 HP.
Knights had a ranged attack, but only if their health was full (Legend of Zelda style), otherwise they were like a faster pawn and had 3 HP.
The Bishop had a strong ranged attack and 1 HP.
The King was like a slower version of the knight, but only had 2 HP.
And the Queen was like a Bishop, but with 3 HP.

Battle Chess! I remember that game. That's before I knew how to pay chess. I have not found anywhere that has that game for sale, still unopened and factory sealed, to see how much it would be worth.

(01-31-2016, 02:06 PM)Space Jockey Wrote: My first videogame ever was a mario kart clone but whit Cartoon Network characters, it was for the Nintendo DS.

Currently, Amazon has an unopened and factory sealed copy of Cartoon Network Racing for $49.95 USD.
(01-31-2016, 07:19 PM)Kakariko Kid Wrote: Battle Chess! I remember that game. That's before I knew how to pay chess. I have not found anywhere that has that game for sale, still unopened and factory sealed, to see how much it would be worth.

Actually I just finally figured out what it was, once I finally figured that it was a Commodore 64 I'd played it on.  It was called Archon.
[Image: Archon-TheLightandtheDark3.jpg]

[Image: archon-4.gif]

I may have a had few things different in my head, I was three when I last played it.
If we're reviving this, can we correct the spelling mistake in the title?

One of the earliest games to my memory was Raptor on the PC. My aunt had it on her computer.

- Unless someone gets there first, I'll do so when I'm next on my PC, and not on a tablet. SERIOUSLY
I can barely remember my first game. It's so clouded, it can be one of three on the NES:
Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt
Super Mario Bros 3
or Sesame Street ABC/123 combo cart (which now I find out is rare.. thanks for selling it mom..)
Sim City for the SNES. I remember coming home from school and playing it all the time because I saw the Mario statue in the instruction booklet and thought that was the coolest thing ever, since the only other game I played at the time was Super Mario World.
Dancing Stage Euromix on the PS1 - sweet memories of cycling through the music selection screen just to see each disc's design!! It started my love of rhythm games.
Oh, and call me silly, but the UK PS1 Demo Discs too - crazy interfaces, catchy music...they still entrance me to this day.