Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
SWEET JESUS, IT'S A DUCKTALES REMAKE

"Originally released in 1989 on the Nintendo Entertainment System, DuckTales was widely acknowledged as one of that generation's seminal platform titles. Taking its cue from the Disney cartoon series of the same name, DuckTales Remastered follows the adventures of Scrooge McDuck as he explores differently themed worlds to collect their treasures and become the world's richest duck.

DuckTales Remastered has seen the development team take the levels and layout from the original 1989 release as a foundation before expanding upon them to significantly enhance the gameplay experience but where this update truly impresses is its graphics and sound. All of the visuals from the 8-bit game have been beautifully re-created as hand-drawn and animated sprites, across a backdrop of luscious, re-envisioned level backgrounds. Furthermore, original Disney Character Voices talent, including some from the cartoon TV series, bring in-game characters to life with charm and wit, while the classic melodies of the original soundtrack are given a modern twist.

Further additions to the original include an all new tutorial level where players can get familiar with the iconic pogo jump and cane swing; while Scrooge McDuck's Museum allows players to track all their stats and compare their progress with others via global leaderboards.

A Disney Interactive licensed property, DuckTales Remastered is being developed for Capcom by WayForward and is scheduled for release digitally on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft® and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Wii U™ this summer."

I'm seriously freaking the fuck out about this. Not only am I going to get to replay one of my favorite NES games, but Capcom is actually doing something we care about and not screwing us over. AND IT'S BEING DONE BY WAYFORWARD. Guys, I'M WAY TOO HYPED ABOUT THIS
It's weird because watching that gets me so frikkin' excited. It's a basic platformer with hunting items just like we used to have those 16+ years ago. Oh man...this is gonna be so generic but fun.
I never played DuckTales on the NES, but I do remember playing the life out of DuckTales:The Quest for Gold on an old floppy disk. Good times, good times.
Fucking WayForward. These guys kick all the asses. I love nearly everything they've done. Thank you, WayForward, never stop being awesome.
(03-22-2013, 01:13 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: I never played DuckTales on the NES, but I do remember playing the life out of DuckTales:The Quest for Gold on an old floppy disk. Good times, good times.

Don't think I ever got the privilege to play The Quest For Gold. The NES game is easily one of my favorite platformers/NES games. If you didn't get a chance to play the original, I'd definitely suggest getting this when it comes out
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
(03-22-2013, 03:20 PM)ThePlainGamer Wrote: Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
...OK, the trailer got me hyped.

Hopefully if this sells well they'll take a shot at the old Darkwing Duck video game.
Personally I'm hoping that if it sells well Disney will finally let Warren Spector make his dream DuckTales game. I sure would love a Darkwing remake though!
(03-22-2013, 06:26 PM)ecylisis Wrote: Honestly I don't see the appeal in this game I couldn't even figure out how to play it.

GET OUT.

[Image: 1338063817811.gif]
Looks pretty good. I haven't played the original, though. It almost seems random that Capcom would remake this, but hey, if the price is right I might pick it up.
lol smh @ ecylisis

got really hyped when i saw this. i'm more partial to Chip N Dale and Little Nemo on NES, but this was great too, and everyone loves it.

i really like the paper mario style, high quality sprites... not sure if i like the 2.5D, polygonal backgrounds, though. something's missing there in the look and i can't put my finger on what.

still awesome either way.
WayForward is behind this?! Color me excited. Never played the original game (sadly) but this seems like the best thing since sliced bread.
I cant stop smiling...:))))))

I'm gonna buy it in a heartbeat.
I've never played DuckTales; I've never watched DuckTales; I've never even looked into what DuckTales is about.

But dammit, I'm really excited for this.