Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Simpsons: Road Rage and Australian Children's TV promo tunes
Coming across an old Australian promo ad for a children's show, I noticed that the tune used in it sounded similar to the Sunday Drive tune from The Simpsons: Road Rage. The promo ad is for the Australian children's series Tracey McBean and the TV channel the ad is for is ABC 1, during its ABC Kids hours.

Here's the Sunday Drive mode from the game with the tune.

Here's just the track itself so you can hear it much clearly.

And here's the promo for Tracey McBean, the track in question starts at 0:02 of the video.

The track sounds very similar and the promo ad could've either used it or sampled a bit from it. The composer of the game has no connection with the show and the tune doesn't appear to be used in any episode of the cartoon that I could find.

Before I post this in either trivia evidence or dispute, I wanted to ask the community's opinion and see what they think and after a final conclusion is made, we can move the thread.

Discuss
(05-14-2016, 01:20 AM)KnowledgeBase Wrote: Coming across an old Australian promo ad for a children's show, I noticed that the tune used in it sounded similar to the Sunday Drive tune from The Simpsons: Road Rage. The promo ad is for the Australian children's series Tracey McBean and the TV channel the ad is for is ABC 1, during its ABC Kids hours.

And here's the promo for Tracey McBean, the track in question starts at 0:02 of the video.

The track sounds very similar and the promo ad could've either used it or sampled a bit from it. The composer of the game has no connection with the show and the tune doesn't appear to be used in any episode of the cartoon that I could find.

Before I post this in either trivia evidence or dispute, I wanted to ask the community's opinion and see what they think and after a final conclusion is made, we can move the thread.

Discuss

As an Australian Resident myself, I remember that promo for that show when I was younger. And upon listening to that Simpsons Road Rage track, I've picked up on the similarities between the music in the 2. What a surprise ot is to see how well you know about my part of the world.
(12-11-2016, 11:21 AM)CuriousUserX90 Wrote:
(05-14-2016, 01:20 AM)KnowledgeBase Wrote: Coming across an old Australian promo ad for a children's show, I noticed that the tune used in it sounded similar to the Sunday Drive tune from The Simpsons: Road Rage. The promo ad is for the Australian children's series Tracey McBean and the TV channel the ad is for is ABC 1, during its ABC Kids hours.

Discuss

As an Australian Resident myself, I remember that promo for that show when I was younger. And upon listening to that Simpsons Road Rage track, I've picked up on the similarities between the music in the 2. What a surprise of is to see how well you know about my part of the world.

Not all the promos on that channel have been from the credits or the show itself in a way for these way. Over the years I have been wondering where they've been getting the music from for the promos. It was nice of KnowledgeBase to bring this up might I say, and that it should be posted as trivia.