Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Nuzlocke Challenge
Has anyone ever done a Nuzlocke Challenge?

For the people who don't what that is. Will this comic is pretty explanatory.

http://www.nuzlocke.com/challenge-comic.html
You think that's hard, try the youngster joey challenge.

(I can't say I have done this done)
I did one on Platinum a while back and I lost to Cynthia at the end of the game. Heartbreaking, but it sure was fun.
Never had the heart to try. Looked up a few videos of people doing it, and I have to say that it must be much better doing it personally, cause all the videos are boring to watch.
I've always wanted to do this, but I just have other, newer games to play right now. I also don't want to replay a game that basically ends the same way every time. Maybe in 10 years when I forget the storylines of the games, I will. Then again in 10 years, I think I might be busy with employment/family/other grown-up matters.
I've done a few nuzlocke's before in the first three gens and was successful in all of them, despite having to train a few times. What I like to do is focus on using a certain pokemon or type and beating the games with just those. I managed to beat the elite 4 in blue with 5 raticates once and the elite 4 in gen 3 with a level 70 Delcatty.
(04-11-2013, 11:28 PM)Raven Wrote: I've always wanted to do this, but I just have other, newer games to play right now. I also don't want to replay a game that basically ends the same way every time. Maybe in 10 years when I forget the storylines of the games, I will. Then again in 10 years, I think I might be busy with employment/family/other grown-up matters.

Why so depressing?
It sounds interesting but....no.
I've always wanted to try it, but I have problems releasing Pokemon. Yeah, that's really the only reason I won't try it. xD I know there are alternative rules to that, but it doesn't feel right if you don't act like the Poikemon really get killed.
I was doing one on Fire Red against 2 of my brothers friends. It was to see who could last the longest in the games. One of them restarted 3 times because he was unsure on which starter to take, or which game to play, and the other friend got up to the second gym in Ruby before he died out. I beat the fifth gym, and had lost m Ivysaur, a geodude, and 2 machop. I could keep going but knowing that I won the challenge made me want to stop.
Sounds interesting. I might give it a shot.
I could stream a nuzlocke of FireRed
Guys seriously, if you haven't done this already, I highly suggest that you do not attempt the Nuzlocke challenge. Especially not if you are elderly, have back problems, are pregnant or may become pregnant.

For reals, this will break your heart. Every time a friend of yours dies, you will die a little bit on the inside. Even if you finish the game, you won't come out the same. After my first Nuzlocke, my friends stopped talking to me and my parents tried to send me to an institution.

I mean, It's not all bad. You can get over it. These days I spend my time at the gym, taking kickboxing courses, sharpening knives and developing increasingly complex ways of securing my home. In fact, I'd say I'm better than ever, whenever someone touches me I leave them a twitching mess of blood and broken bones.

On second thought, yeah, the Nuzlocke challenge was probably the best thing I ever did.
Seems cool. I'll give it a try this summer.
I'm in the middle of a Soul Silver nuzlocke at the moment, and I always mess up the Gym leader order in Silver, so I tried taking on the 7th gym before either the 5th or the 6th and lost two of my party members, Voltorb and Weepingbell, as a result.

R.I.P. BAULS and SUCCUBUS