Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I decided to take a shot at my first game theory
For those that have played The Last of Us, some have considered for years whether or not Joel did the right thing. I decided to take a deeper look into that and try and decide if what went down was for the better or not. If you want to read the many reasons I came up with as well as get a deeper look into the character Marlene, take a look here if you want: https://www.facebook.com/notes/repentant...662477473/

Now I'll be the first to tell you that I didn't finish all of my thoughts regarding this, but I went through most of them, and all of the larger ones, and I'm kind of waiting to see how this does to see if anyone wants more. If you like it and want me to finish it, please let me know.
^

I sadly don't have the time right now to read your post (as much as I'd want to), but from what I remember of the game Ellie wasn't the only person who couldn't get infected. The fireflies had mulitple specimens and they all did the same thing with them which IIRC was just ripping out their spinal cord/brain and trying to work out how things worked.

They had NO IDEA how to make a cure, and were just guessing. Joel pretty much did do the right thing because they wouldn't have found the cure with Ellie and it would've been a wasted life.
(06-30-2018, 09:32 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: ^

I sadly don't have the time right now to read your post (as much as I'd want to), but from what I remember of the game Ellie wasn't the only person who couldn't get infected. The fireflies had mulitple specimens and they all did the same thing with them which IIRC was just ripping out their spinal cord/brain and trying to work out how things worked.

They had NO IDEA how to make a cure, and were just guessing. Joel pretty much did do the right thing because they wouldn't have found the cure with Ellie and it would've been a wasted life.

April 28th. Marlene was right. The girl's infection is like nothing I've ever seen. The cause of her immunity is uncertain. As we've seen in all past cases, the antigenic titers of the patient's Cordyceps remain high in both the serum and the cerebrospinal fluid. Blood cultures taken from the patient rapidly grow Cordyceps in fungal-media in the lab... however white blood cell lines, including percentages and absolute-counts, are completely normal. There is no elevation of pro-inflammatory cytokines, and an MRI of the brain shows no evidence of fungal-growth in the limbic regions, which would normally accompany the prodrome of aggression in infected patients.”

You're probably thinking of that right? Sadly, a lot of people seem to have gotten lost about what was being said, but there is no indication that The Fireflies ever had someone with a cure to test, but also, they don't clearly state that what they are doing with Ellie would work, it's just the only thing the doctor who said that quote can come up with. Marlene, the leader of the Fireflies simply goes with what he says and leaves it at that, which means they could have killed Ellie and had nothing to show for it. There was no guarantees that what they were doing would actually produce a vaccine that they could mass produce.