Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Which browser do you use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I.E
2.38%
1 2.38%
Chrome
50.00%
21 50.00%
Firefox
38.10%
16 38.10%
Opera
2.38%
1 2.38%
Safari
2.38%
1 2.38%
Other
4.76%
2 4.76%
Total 42 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Browser thread? Browser thread.
That's right, because this forum needs MORE generals! Just discuss what browser you use, which one you think it the best, etc.

I personally use chrome, because it's pretty darn fast. Even though it does take up a lot of resources (which would explain why it's so fast), it never really bothers me. My computer can handle it. So, what about you guys?
IE <3
I use Firefox. The Mac version of Chrome has problems with a lot of things that cause pages to not work correctly for me. Very rarely I will use Safari; usually when something uses a poorly supported plugin like Silverlight.

On my iPad I use Safari though. It's not like I have much of a choice.
[Image: OCoJQXj.png]
^this forum needs thank buttons FAST.

I use Firefox, been using it for years, and never saw a reason to switch. Chrome looks all right but FF works and I like its add-ons.
I use Firefox. The only thing stopping me from using Chrome is that I don't think there is need to get it. From my personal experience Chrome and Firefox run virtually the same, they look almost the same, and each browser has it's advantages.
Firefox! However, sometimes things don't work correctly on some sites and that's why sometimes I'm grateful at how almost impossible it is to remove IE. Haha.
I run Chrome because Firefox takes forever to get it up and running on my rig.
Chrome. Everything else is gutter-tier in comparison.
Firefox is the only browser worth using.
(03-17-2013, 02:00 PM)Vipershark Wrote: Firefox is the only browser worth using.

That's what I originally thought as well but chrome is so much faster and smoother.
(03-17-2013, 01:02 PM)Ryan Wrote: [Image: OCoJQXj.png]

I want to thank this post because it made me laugh.

Personally I use Firefox.
(03-17-2013, 02:08 PM)A Zombie Riot Wrote:
(03-17-2013, 02:00 PM)Vipershark Wrote: Firefox is the only browser worth using.

That's what I originally thought as well but chrome is so much faster and smoother.

It really isn't. In regular browsing, the speed and smoothness differences are pretty much negligible. The only blatantly obvious difference is gif playback speed, which Firefox does better.

If you're like me (a power user!!) and run a lot of tabs (I currently have 308 tabs open) then Chrome begins to crash and lag really bad. Firefox does eventually crash, but in my experience it handles large amounts of tabs far better and doesn't lag anywhere near as much.
Not to mention the tab compression thing on Chrome makes tabs unclickably small after a while, while Firefox's tabs scroll if you have enough open.

Firefox's UI is better and is customizable.
On top of that, Firefox has a huge user community that produces top quality plugins, and Chrome simply can't compare.
I have my Firefox customized perfectly to everything that I need to do, and stuff just works. Chrome simply can't do that.

The only thing Chrome beats Firefox in for me is the way Incognito Mode works compared to FF's Private Browsing. I like that it opens a completely separate browser session as opposed to replacing your current session entirely. I like being able to go back and forth between both sessions at the same time instead of having to switch over every time I want to use the other session.
Chrome is customizable as well. And from what I've seen, everything just looks so much better in Chrome and isn't a cluttered mess like it was in Firefox. Maybe Firefox is different since the last time I used it, which has been about 1.5 years ago. But I got really annoyed with it then and it was stupid slow for me. I've just had much better luck with Chrome overall.
(03-17-2013, 02:50 PM)Vipershark Wrote:
(03-17-2013, 02:08 PM)A Zombie Riot Wrote:

It really isn't. In regular browsing, the speed and smoothness differences are pretty much negligible. The only blatantly obvious difference is gif playback speed, which Firefox does better.

If you're like me (a power user!!) and run a lot of tabs (I currently have 308 tabs open) then Chrome begins to crash and lag really bad. Firefox does eventually crash, but in my experience it handles large amounts of tabs far better and doesn't lag anywhere near as much.
Not to mention the tab compression thing on Chrome makes tabs unclickably small after a while, while Firefox's tabs scroll if you have enough open.

Firefox's UI is better and is customizable.
On top of that, Firefox has a huge user community that produces top quality plugins, and Chrome simply can't compare.
I have my Firefox customized perfectly to everything that I need to do, and stuff just works. Chrome simply can't do that.

The only thing Chrome beats Firefox in for me is the way Incognito Mode works compared to FF's Private Browsing. I like that it opens a completely separate browser session as opposed to replacing your current session entirely. I like being able to go back and forth between both sessions at the same time instead of having to switch over every time I want to use the other session.

I prefer chrome because, for me, it's faster, and I usually don't have more then 10 tabs open. I also prefer how Chrome looks to Firefox, and I simply don't use that many plugins. I also don't like the sort of "sessions" in Firefox, always were confusing to me.