Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Champions of the People - Card Game Thesis
This sounds like you preatty much have it worked out as a start up idea. It needs to be repolished and revamped. Add some rules and maybe improve or remove some.

The thing that stuck out to me was Prosperity, as it reminds me of Magic. In Magic, you have cards you can lay down for as sumoning tokens. The more cards you have down the more monsters and magic you can use. At the begining of your turn, you get to reset the cards you taped to start useing them agien. Your Prosperity seems to limt what your Champions can do and that might be a bit better if you also use them to do attacks or spells. That way you have to stratagize what to do each turn as you only get 10 points a turn

Population kinda confuses me. Is it that your champions have a number on them and that number effects some perdeturmend number that limits how many Champions you have out? If so, I like this as, once again, it make you think about which Champion you should use. The sentence "Every champion has a population cost equal to their prosperity cost" is what got me. Do you pick how high the number is or is it always a curtin number.

I also would like to see the game played out in like a demo for people to see and understand it a bit more. The rules can be a bit confusing and this would help us all understand. I'm willing to be a ginny pig if need be. Make up some demo cards and (if need be) a card field and I'm in to help

That's about everything I have to add. I had alot more to say before you added things so that's cool. Try to look up some other card game rules to get a better handle on the idea, or we could tell you rules of other card games.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Champions of the People - Card Game Thesis - by gamemaster1991 - 08-17-2013, 07:39 PM