Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Common sayings you don't agree with.
I think that so far, we've determined that the problem with common phrases is that they're a blanket saying that doesn't take into account individual cases. They should all come with a caveat.
  • Respect your elders (unless they don't deserve it)
  • Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me (unless they're sufficiently mean to emotionally scar me, scars that are far harder to display than scars that would result from sticks and stones, making it harder to prove)
  • There are no stupid questions; only stupid answers (unless the question is so assinine that it doesn't deserve an answer)
  • Quiet as a church mouse (you know... the really quiet one that never actually moves or makes a sound. Oh... it might be dead)
  • Good things come to those who wait (unless they're on death row)
  • You can't hate them, they're family (unless they're vile)
That last saying reminds me of another one - "You can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family." I agree with it, because it actually turns out to be correct.

Messages In This Thread
Common sayings you don't agree with. - by Dazz - 10-28-2013, 06:52 AM
RE: Common sayings you don't agree with. - by SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 10-29-2013, 03:16 AM