Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
A new interview from Bill Watterson
(10-30-2013, 01:15 PM)CosmykTheDolfyn Wrote: Two strips out of hundreds aren't going to change my opinion that much. And as he himself said, when he first signed over everything to be licensed, he basically signed away many of his own rights. I'm not going to hate him because a publishing company demanded that two strips be altered in a re-print when the originals are already in other collections.

Wow, I never said I hated him, but it is a MASSIVE ripoff considering how much that so called "complete" collection cost. I expect all the strips (they missed one) complete and uncensored. What he did in the beginning has absolutely nothing to do with this.

Neither you nor I can prove if the publisher actually "demanded" or if it was just asked if it was alright if they could be censored and they would've left them as is if he'd said no. I own the complete collection of The Far Side and there's far more "offensive" comics in there then the Calvin and Hobbes set (I have not read if any were left out or changed, but I highly doubt it). For one of the comics it doesn't hurt the punchline too much, but it made the second not even funny anymore.

That's great if you can be such a fan that someone can do no wrong in your eyes, but it's still ridiculous that he got so upset over someone pitching an idea of a Hobbes stuffed animal but he lets his actual work be altered.

Messages In This Thread
A new interview from Bill Watterson - by CLXcool - 10-30-2013, 09:44 AM
RE: A new interview from Bill Watterson - by Hexadecimal - 10-30-2013, 02:43 PM