Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Review the last game you played.
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
So, can I ask why this is a much better game than the last one.
Better map? OK.
Faster pase? OK.
Story and Character? ........... That is debatable.

Edward Kenway. A return to form for the sires, as Connor was a boring, by the book character that nobody but me liked. Ed is a pirate that left his wife to make it rich and get money and Fame. He goes on an adventure to....... zzzzzzzzzzzz... I don't care. He's a great character when he's enteracting with people and doing Assassin/pirate things, but I just don't care about him or his backstory. To me (having not played Liberation yet), Edward is the next to worse main character since he does not really change (the worse being AC1 version of Altair, who got better with Revelations). For most of the game he's all about himself, Money, and doing as he pleases, which he states by saying "Everything is permitted? I like the sound of that." He only changes after the death of a main character in the next to last chapter, and still he sounds like he barely learned anything after losing everything. I prefer the sailing and the Abstergo parts.

The story. I could careless. Why are we looking for the Observatory? Gold? fair enough but why is the artifact so important? I played the whole game and all I can say is that it reads peoples minds, I think. Why are we killing Templares? Ed is not an assassin (he stole his outfit from Duncan Walpole, a real assassin, and NEVER earns the right to wear them) and only goes after them because they found out he was lying to them. Even Roberts, who I count as the big bad of the game, is so boring that I could careless. It really is not a good sign when you keep a toll of people you want to die, and two of those characters are the first ones you meet

With all my bitching out of the way, it is a good game. Everything looks great. The AC games have always (except for the first) have given me someone to look up and learn more about. This one was Mary Read, who is very interesting to read about. (By the way don't look up Mary Read until you finish either Sequence 5 or the game). Blackbeard is also a great character, who I wish was in more of the game, since the game is so short that you kinda miss his presence in the game. The world is really big that it makes it easier to find things, that it made it easy to get all the collectables. The player character is loads of fun to be (though that could just be be).

With all that said, a good game that looks good, but with a main character and story that I could careless about, along with a game that feels shorter than it really is, deserves a 6/10. I can't wait for next year for the next part of the Abstergo researcher story.

Messages In This Thread
Review the last game you played. - by retrolinkx - 03-20-2013, 03:53 PM
RE: Review the last game you played. - by Frazzle - 05-05-2013, 03:33 PM
RE: Review the last game you played. - by RyeoNox - 05-21-2013, 03:07 AM
RE: Review the last game you played. - by Arjahn - 07-05-2013, 03:50 AM
RE: Review the last game you played. - by VNRob - 07-07-2013, 01:20 AM
RE: Review the last game you played. - by gamemaster1991 - 12-11-2013, 10:46 PM