Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How does age currently affect your gaming?
(01-30-2014, 11:37 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote: I'm a lot more critical as a person which then effects the way I think about games. I have the nostalgia factor but generally don't let that get in the way. When I was younger I didn't quite understand what a game/form of media was saying or the deeper connections it made to the audience but then when you get older and smarter, you appreciate what they were saying.

Example being:
The Matrix, Majoras Mask, Cowboy Bebop and a few others. Never understood them when I was younger, but rewatching/playing them now makes you appreciate what really went into them. It's a different case with games like Sonic Adventure which was awesome back then(2003) but is incredibly bad by todays standard or has aged terribly(no nostalgia allowed).

I thought Majoras Mask was a fun game until you look at the finer details of that as opposed to the entire series.

I guess I look at mostly everything objectively now which has affected my thoughts on gaming.

I love Majora's Mask. There was something about affecting the flow of time, results and how it stood away from OoT with the time thing. And now the 5 stages of dying. Mind blown. That's what makes it my 2nd favorite Zelda.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How does age currently affect your gaming? - by Kakariko Kid - 01-30-2014, 01:34 PM