Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)
Creepy Stuff in Kids' Films/TV Shows
Hex gave me an idea. I started watching old "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" episodes that I remember to be creepy and I was a little disappointed with a few of them.

I remember the Crimson Clown being the only one that I could not get though but besides the prop looking unsettling, most of the episode is not that scary (to me). There is no way I could not laugh when the life size clown comes on screen.

[Image: crimsonclown2.png]
[Image: 277761.jpg]

That being said, the second episode in the series is still pretty scary. Zeebo the clown from The Tale of Laughing Dark, in concept, should be the dumbest thing ever (a clown ghost haunting a kid), but with a really unnerving dummy and the split second scene of the real ghost makes it really creepy. Mixed with the fact that past the split second scene, you do not see the villain on the episode, makes it even more effective in scaring you.

[Image: zeebo.jpg]
[Image: zeebo.jpg]

Can anyone guess why I had Coulrophobia as a child?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creepy Stuff in Kids' Films/TV Shows - by gamemaster1991 - 02-22-2014, 02:00 PM