Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Gamestop may pay devs for exclusive pre-order bonuses
I still don't see how any of this promises we'd get lazy exclusives like that if everyone who sold games had in game exclusives they paid for so we could choose what we wanted as extra content. It's still just speculation because we don't know what will be attempted until something has been. No matter how many times costumes have been a part of dlc (and honestly I can think of other examples you didn't use) it doesn't change that we don't know that's going to be the pre-order bonus until it actually happens. Maybe it's me, because I don't feel as betrayed and burned by the industry as most of the gaming community does, but I haven't lost all trust in them like most have. That could be simply because I buy games from dev's with less shadier practices, or because I simply avoid things I know look bad or interesting to me, but I'm not so negative as to assume the worst of something we don't know is a bad idea until it's proven that it is.

As for the question of how does this benefit me, I think the example I first used explains it pretty well. If a game really did have dlc with run and gun missions vs stealth missions, it would be nice to choose which place I'd rather pre-order from. Having more options, or having options exclusively, would make more interesting to me. I know people's concern is "I want everything a game has to offer" but the way people talk about it just comes off as bitching to me. Adding exclusive dlc doesn't mean you are part of a game, because someone else isn't going ot get a part of the game you don't. It's a trade-off and I really don't see a problem with it.

I'm gonna go ahead and call it out right now, because I'm tired of seeing it all the time, but the gaming community bitches so much. I can't believe how much I see adults complaining like children while holding their noses up with pride over their complaints. The gaming industry needs to change, most of the community will agree with that, but every time change happens to come our way, people cry about it like a bay who needs a bottle. Do we really suck that much as a community that we need to be bottle fed? This change might be a good thing, and it might start leading to the changes people actually claim they want. This last paragraph isn't directed at any one person by the way. I just get sick and tired of hearing all the damn whining and that seems to be such a huge thing people do and hide behind "my opinion" in order to justify it. The gaming industry is not as bad as people think it is. Yes, there are plenty of moments where things happen that shouldn't. but getting mad about like a child isn't helping. The community needs to take a break, dry it's baby tears off and start thinking with level heads instead of with anger and distrust. Gaming really isn't that bad, and the industry really isn't out to get you, even if they want your money, you can choose to give it to them, so really, blaming everything but yourself because you keep falling for the same things and so the same things keep happening isn't really helping anyone.

Sorry, that last paragraph was basically a rant I needed to get off my chest. The gaming community is in need of change just as much as the industry they claim to hate.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gamestop may pay devs for exclusive pre-order bonuses - by RepentantSky - 07-15-2014, 09:47 AM