Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Games That Ruined Their Series
(08-06-2014, 02:41 AM)Melcadrien Wrote: But turning the main character, Dante, from a pizza-eating badass into a vulgar druggie killed what truly made Dante.
The new Dante does eat pizza (it's found in his trailer within the first part of the game) and Dante hasn't taken drugs in DmC.

(08-06-2014, 04:32 AM)RepentantSky Wrote: I haven't played the newest DmC and have absolutely no interest in Castlevania, it's pretty clear the latter of those two games only has a success when it repeats the boring jump and whip controls of the first game.

That's the problem there though. A lot of people haven't played DmC, Resident Evil, Castlevania, FFXIII and are willing to dismiss it based on what the herd say. Before giving it a try, it's always given a perceived negative reception and others follow suit whether they have played it or not. Fair enough I rag on games but that only because I've played them. I've still yet to play Diablo 3 and despite the already bad feedback I know of, I still have to play it for myself in order to form a valid level of criticism. Not just DmC, there's only so much you can tell people to actually play the game before judging but there's other games like Lollipop Chainsaw or Dragons Crown.

(08-06-2014, 02:41 PM)retrolinkx Wrote: But yeah, Bioshock Infinite was retarded, the guy who was making the game even said that "He wanted to make the game from something he found hard and could never wrap his head around, something that made him feel stupid" and so made the game revolve around that stupid plot, and then didn't want to try and fix up the gameplay, allow the player to carry more than two guns, actually EXPLAINING why Plasmids are even there.

Hell, they even took away gameplay options and such just for the sake of the story and progression. Remember that time when you had to throw the ball at the interracial couple? It gave you a choice to throw it at the person on the stage as well, but it only gave you that option. It gave you a button prompt instead of a fucking leaving it to the player so they could find out THEMSELVES they could hit the guy on the stage. Imagine if in Half Life 2, there was a button prompt to tell you that you could "hit the guard" with the can as well as put it in the trash can, it's just removing gameplay for no apparent reason other than to have a smell section where you do something that shows something.

Wow I've not seen that video on it before but if Craig Charles (Lister) makes more sense than the "Magnum Opus" of gaming, then that's a problem.
I'll forever praise Bioshock 1 for the incredible game that is but Bioshock Infinite really took away the point of Bioshock 1 because in the grand scheme of things, it's all irrelevant.
There's so many questions with what's wrong with Bioshock Infinite:
Why doesn't Book just cover his hand?
The Songbird?
How do we know that the ending result ...etc etc.

Slightly on a tangent but it's what bothers me about movies too. Not knowing the basics of science means that people will praise something as mind blowing or let stuff slide.

I can't really think of any other sequel that really stood out as bad. There are some mentions for games maybe not being as good as the game that came before but ruined the series. Eh. Nothing else really comes to mind.

Messages In This Thread
Games That Ruined Their Series - by Carlos - 08-05-2014, 06:14 PM
RE: Games That Ruined Their Series - by ClaudX - 08-05-2014, 06:47 PM
RE: Games That Ruined Their Series - by CLXcool - 08-05-2014, 08:03 PM
RE: Games That Ruined Their Series - by Pewable - 08-05-2014, 08:28 PM
RE: Games That Ruined Their Series - by BumblebeeCody - 08-06-2014, 03:19 PM
RE: Games That Ruined Their Series - by Arjahn - 08-06-2014, 04:46 PM
RE: Games That Ruined Their Series - by G-Haven - 08-06-2014, 09:21 PM
RE: Games That Ruined Their Series - by CLXcool - 08-10-2014, 11:08 AM
RE: Games That Ruined Their Series - by pAroxizm - 08-11-2014, 10:00 AM