Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sequels that made a series
Pretty obvious set.

To be honest I liked the Devil May Cry series but man, once I played 4. Holy hell did the spectacle fighter/hack and slash genre REALLY start pushing what the genre is capable of. 5 years on the combo videos are fresh and DMC4 is well worth the honourable mention for that.
I'd also put DMC3 because that game has a great first impression. The series went from generally calm gameplay and dialogue to that opening scene and mission of DMC3. Really good way to reboot the series.

RE4. What can I say, one of my all time favourite games ever and while I love RE1, 2, 3 and 0, the new style really put the Third Person Shooter genre out there.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. It's not my favourite Zelda but easily in my top 5. Despite all the cutbacks the game still came out with a lot of love, care and attention. The iconic graphics, the gameplay, the characters and their interactions, the dialogue, the music really put this game as a stand out of the series in all the best way. It's hard to put into words but it's a game I appreciate exists and I think Nintendo outdid themselves on that one game.

Street Fighter 4: Pretty much revived an entire genre all by itself in 2009. Sure we still had fighting games during the years before but Street Fighter 4 really opened this genre back up to old and new alike. I think this generation owes a lot to SF4 and it's presence.

Pokemon Emerald. Introduced two v two battles, put EV and IV training into the spotlight, had an incredible set of sprite art, new travel mechanics like run and dive, well designed and distinct locations, brilliant soundtrack and a surprisingly engaging story. Easily my favourite of all the Pokemon games. Such a well crafted game.

Castlevania Symphony of the Night/Super Metroid. A genre that we need more of. Two brilliant games. Castlevania and it's well designed and fun gameplay while Metroid had the atmosphere.

Messages In This Thread
Sequels that made a series - by Psychospacecow - 08-06-2014, 10:44 AM
RE: Sequels that made a series - by Melcadrien - 08-06-2014, 03:13 PM
RE: Sequels that made a series - by BumblebeeCody - 08-06-2014, 03:33 PM
RE: Sequels that made a series - by Arjahn - 08-06-2014, 04:51 PM
RE: Sequels that made a series - by RepentantSky - 08-06-2014, 05:37 PM
RE: Sequels that made a series - by RepentantSky - 08-10-2014, 03:58 PM