Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)
GTA V banned from Target Australia
I want to just say I don't think anyone here is actually trying to blame all women for this. That would be hypocritical to do. What I and many others are blaming are these people who use "feminism" as a guise for their own moral agenda. I as much as any other want equality. The problem here is that they are censoring a video game, and taking away people's right to choose, based on lies and mis-information.

I agree women's representation in all media has been.... spotty at best. While we're seeing many more female protagonists in games, It's still a boys club and that needs to change. The argument here was never really about feminism in games or anything of the sort. Whether or not the group who made the petition are actual feminists or not doesn't matter. The fact is that these people got a game removed from store shelves under the guise of women's rights, basing their entire agrument on lies, mis-information, and forgetting that the game has an 18+ rating on it. In Australia, unlike the ESRB and PEGI, their ratings are handled by the government, meaning it is flat-out illegal to sell this game to a minor.

Now, I can't claim to understand how women in video games feel about the community surrounding them, or Anita's videos, but as a person of color, I personally don't like to marginalized by Anita and people like her. But that's just me. How others feel is up to them.

Messages In This Thread
GTA V banned from Target Australia - by CLXcool - 12-03-2014, 10:44 PM
RE: GTA V banned from Target Australia - by Berry - 12-04-2014, 05:49 PM
RE: GTA V banned from Target Australia - by Takahashi2212 - 12-06-2014, 04:41 PM
RE: GTA V banned from Target Australia - by Berry - 12-07-2014, 01:19 PM