Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)
GTA V banned from Target Australia
(12-06-2014, 10:38 AM)Hexadecimal Wrote:
(12-06-2014, 02:44 AM)RepentantSky Wrote:
(12-05-2014, 06:41 PM)Hexadecimal Wrote: Thank you. I was getting madder and madder the more I was reading in this thread.

I understand that people are angry and think it's silly that this game has been banned, and I knew people would want to form a lynch mob against all feminists over it. If they'd just said they game was pulled for disturbing content or violence in general, there would never be this big of an uproar. I never saw anyone freak out over the numerous other games on the list I posted.

There are women out there who refer to themselves as feminists that hate men and think they're inferior. This is wrong, and it's not what the majority of us stand for. Yes, I think of myself as a feminist. Hate me now if you want to. I'm not a big fan of Feminist Frequency at all, but she made a wonderful point with two videos she made. Something visual is much stronger than anything I can say and I think it will shed some light on why this situation is so touchy. It's focus is more on how women are used as background object, but brings up a violence issue as well. There's a big difference between the types of violence used again women compared to men. 

Do we have to throw Anita Sarkeesian into the conversation very time something like this comes up now? That shit's getting really tired.

So is "Teh womenz r recking our vidja games!!!1"

As I said, I don't normally like to bring her up, but she hit the nail on the head with these two videos, which I'm sure you didn't even bother to watch. I didn't want to drag this thread off topic, but I really felt I had to say something to try and make people understand, especially with all the feminist bashing. 

I'm actually in full support of Anita but having her in conversations not directly about her guarantees the conversion will switch from it's intended purpose. You are better off just saying what you want without using her should you actually want a conversation to stay on topic.

Messages In This Thread
GTA V banned from Target Australia - by CLXcool - 12-03-2014, 10:44 PM
RE: GTA V banned from Target Australia - by Berry - 12-04-2014, 05:49 PM
RE: GTA V banned from Target Australia - by RepentantSky - 12-07-2014, 03:43 AM
RE: GTA V banned from Target Australia - by Berry - 12-07-2014, 01:19 PM