Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)
Review the last game you played.
God of war ascension a lack luster entry that focused on wrong aspects 4/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr1P8dP105o

Dragon warrior 2 (i beat these games at roughly the same time)

I first played dragon warrior at a young age and didn't understand to well how the game worked. It was not until many years later that i decided to pick the series back up, though some would call them dated I like to think of them as the perfect example of less is more.

Gameplay
The gameplay is your prototypical JRPG run fight run fight run search get item fight get gold buy new item, simple time consuming and very fun there was times when i would play the game and just "grind" for hours at a time and forget that I needed to go rescue a princess or kill a dragon.
Gameplay is simple and addictive.

Story
You have to collect five artifacts to open a castle to kill a bad guy doesn't get more simple JRPG then that.

Characters
Don't expect to become attached it still was the NES age so character development in games was something you would only really find on the pc.

Sound
The music in town and world map is light hearted and great and the battle music and sound effects are spot on but if you plan on making it a long grind session i suggest queuing up that netflix on your laptop or pc if its near by and going on a movie or tv marathon because it gets stale after you hear the same loop for the sixty time.

Graphics
Bright and colorful excatly what you want on an nes but my favorite is that akira toriyama of dragonball and dragonball z fame did the charcter models so the animation is just awesome.

8/10

Sure its grind heavy and that might not appeal to some but that hard grind unforgiving gameplay is what sets it a part you feel accomplished when you actually beat the game.

Now i played mine for my NES but if you emulate then i suggest playing the remake on the SNES it never made it to America but there are english translastions its the same game just 16 bit-arrefic

Messages In This Thread
Review the last game you played. - by retrolinkx - 03-20-2013, 03:53 PM
RE: Review the last game you played. - by Awesomessprime - 04-16-2013, 02:55 AM
RE: Review the last game you played. - by Frazzle - 05-05-2013, 03:33 PM
RE: Review the last game you played. - by RyeoNox - 05-21-2013, 03:07 AM
RE: Review the last game you played. - by Arjahn - 07-05-2013, 03:50 AM
RE: Review the last game you played. - by VNRob - 07-07-2013, 01:20 AM