Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The "what the hell was that game again" thread for forgetful people.
(01-20-2014, 12:17 PM)gamemaster1991 Wrote:
(01-20-2014, 10:25 AM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote: The Gex series was somewhat similar.
How about Gex 3 ?

I don't think that Gex 1 was a colectathon game (though I could be wrong). I think if he was talking about Gex, it would most likly be Enter the Gecko (it even has a cartoon would with a waterfall in it).

I am in awe... I was searching for that cartoon world that you had mentioned and I found gameplay footage for a segment called 'Out of Toon'. It turns out that that level does contain a waterfall and everything else I described, and so I had instantly made the connection. It seems that my memory was a bit skewed, but here is a side-view screenshot of it:

See, I didn't acknowledge the fact that there was a giant TV sitting there. Not only this, but instead of there being just one rainbow, there are actually plenty, and they all have collision detection.

Thank you very much, gamemaster1991 and SERIOUSLY THOUGH, and to the few others who helped out. It was definitely a nostalgia trip, but I now know that I had my first gaming memory with Gex: Enter the Gecko and I will always remember it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The "what the hell was that game again" thread for forgetful people. - by Cheshireson - 01-20-2014, 02:03 PM