Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Creepy Stuff in Kids' Films/TV Shows
Basically a thread for stuff that was a bit sketchy to throw into shows or movies either rated G or PG (Please keep in mind the PG-13 rating didn't exist until the 80s. Try to use good judgement as to whether an old PG would've fit under this category).

I've noticed nowadays there are companies like Pixar that will make more intelligent and mature movies aimed at kids, but I've never seen anything like what popped up in films and TV shows like when I was little.

Let's start with TV, shall we?

[Image: Return+the+slab....+Remember+this+mofo+....593234.jpg]

I'll start with the mildest on my list: Courage the Cowardly Dog. I really loved this show until the higher ups at Cartoon Network demanded that Courage talk less. Completely ruined it. I can't deny there were some things that were a tad... Unsettling, however. Most folks will have this episode stick out in there minds.

[Image: courage-fred.jpg]

...Or this guy.

OK, I was a little too young to be watching it, but if it's on Nickelodian no adult at the time was going to think anything of a first grader watching it. I handled the episodes pretty well until this one. When I was little I had trouble with ear infections, so I needed tubes, which made it hurt like a bitch if water got in past my ear plugs. As a result, I only really got in the water when I bathed and sucked at swimming. This episode drew on my insecurity AND IT DOESN'T HELP THAT THEY KILL A KID.

[Image: rudolph-monster-2.jpg]

THIS FUCKER IS HORRIFYING WHEN YOU'RE FOUR YEARS OLD.

Hexxus from Fern Gully. Everything is fine and dandy... Until he does stuff like this:

[Image: Demonic_Hexxus.JPG]

[Image: 2sycot7.gif]

[Image: O1wpRVC.gif]

WHAT AM I LOOKING AT?!

Oh god... Get that spider off the screen! It's icky and too realistic.

NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. Extremely impressive for the time, but this scared the life out of me.

And this final one... This final one still makes me cringe as an adult:

Messages In This Thread
Creepy Stuff in Kids' Films/TV Shows - by Hexadecimal - 02-21-2014, 09:32 PM