Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Oh my God, screw college.
So I get it now.

This is my fourth year in college. Started in 2010. All the time, my friends would post statuses like "So stressed right now. Too much homework." "Tired from all the studying." blah blah blah. And I'd laugh and be like. "Whatever. You guys whine too much."

The problem is I've never been a full time student. I'm always part time due to my job. The other problem is I've never said "Man, an A would be pretty nice." My motto has always been "Man, a C is passing, amirite?" So when I picked classes this semester, my counselor told me I could be a full time student and I'd have my Associates' by the end of the year. Matter of fact, all I take next semester is ONE math class and I'm done. So I'm like "Dude. Sign me up." Counselor then looked at my GPA and went "Eh... Your GPA is worrying me. You have a 2.4... Which isn't horrible, but you might not get into as many colleges as you'd like. Think you can get mostly B's and A's this semester to bump it up to maybe a 2.7?" and so I'm like "Yeah. Easy."

20 hours a week job. Full time student. Get A's and B's. EZ PZ Mode.

Flash forward. Week seven. I haven't had sex in two weeks because I keep ACTUALLY doing homework and not spending time with the lady. I'm literally habituated to coffee now. As in, I now require coffee or I get upset and anxious. I've experienced "stress." which is this weird feeling that makes you feel like you're forgetting something even though you're not, like "DID I DO MY MATH HOMEWORK?! IS IT PACKED IN MY BACKPACK?! LET ME CHECK MY BACKPACK AGAIN AT 2:00 AM JUST IN CASE" I can't sleep, but I'm always tired, and all of this is going to a degree that probably won't even land me a job. (Eventually a Bachelors' in Journalism.)

Are you guys in college? How's that workin' out for you? I know there's a couple of high school kids here, possibly some middle school kids. How're you guys doing with your classes?

Also, side conversation, favorite classes, and electives of interest? Next semester all I have to take is one math class. It's an hour drive to my school, so I'm thinking about taking guitar, too. It's a cheap class.

Messages In This Thread
Oh my God, screw college. - by Newt - 02-26-2014, 04:12 AM
RE: Oh my God, screw college. - by Spherix - 02-26-2014, 08:46 AM
RE: Oh my God, screw college. - by RepentantSky - 02-26-2014, 11:02 AM
RE: Oh my God, screw college. - by Newt - 02-27-2014, 02:42 AM