Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Oh my God, screw college.
(02-26-2014, 11:02 AM)RepentantSky Wrote: No offense, but the opening post makes you sound so spoiled. I'm tired and I haven't had sex in a while? Most people who take college seriously barely maintain a life outside of it and do so for years, yet here you are complaining about it after doing it for almost one semester? All while trying to get an AA? I'm gonna be serious with you right now, you might as well finish what you started and try for another job that you don't need a degree for. There are plenty of jobs that do not require one that you can make into a career and live off of. An AA is a cakewalk compared to anything else. You won't be able to handle anything than what you do if you are already struggling that much. My mom got her second Master's degree, while teaching full time (she has one education and now in English as well).

I wouldn't call it spoiled, so much as maybe being a bit of a prima donna. To me, spoiled would entail college is being payed for by someone else, along with my car payments, my rent, etc. and me not having a job. My job is to pay for everything. That's not really spoiled, as I'm taking care of myself financially without much help. whining about the travesty of working hard isn't spoiled. Just somewhat inconsiderate considering the problems many others may or may not face in their daily lives. I had a feeling I'd come off that way as I wrote my opening post, which is why post-rant, I wanted to know what others here were doing in terms of their education-- If they had classes they liked, if they were in school now, if they graduated, etc.

There's more to the discussion than just me, I assure you. Just think of my stress as what it's like for a post high school graduate coming into a community college for the first time and finally learning what real work is like. As if I'm a Freshman in college. a 21 year old Freshman, who has been a "Freshman" since 2010.

Messages In This Thread
Oh my God, screw college. - by Newt - 02-26-2014, 04:12 AM
RE: Oh my God, screw college. - by Spherix - 02-26-2014, 08:46 AM
RE: Oh my God, screw college. - by RepentantSky - 02-26-2014, 11:02 AM
RE: Oh my God, screw college. - by Newt - 02-27-2014, 02:42 AM