Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Some news from Rare
(03-18-2014, 05:06 PM)CLXcool Wrote: It would be nice to see Nintendo giving Rare a second wind with making Nintendo 3DS games. I know that I spoke with Grant about a Banjo game being on the 3DS. And he said in reply 'I dont see the chance of that happening, but I can imagine that it would be a good idea'. The article is just showing that Microsoft is just making sure that this goes out as 'sugarcoated' when we all know Rare has been screwed with royally.

True but as I stated earlier, even if we did have Rare back, it wouldn't make a difference since it's completely new people. You have to look for the old Rare employees in other games. It's why Killer Instinct on Xbox One is such an incredible game. It feels so much like a Rare game and is just a good fighting game in general. Ken Lobb was the main face for Killer Instinct leading up to it's launch so it's good to see that guy still active. I'd also recommend checking out Strider since that's also made by Double Helix.

I also think that Retro Studios have been faithful to the Donkey Kong series in creating a Rare game while making it their own game at the same time.
Rare are still out there, you just have to look at what the new teams are producing.

Edit: Forgot to mention, A YouTuber by the name of Conker King is uploading videos of Conkers Bad Fur Day. I bring this up because it's channel team is of 3 members that worked on the game. They give a lot of insight into Rare and what they were doing at the time.

IT's also just bloody hilarious the commentary.

Messages In This Thread
Some news from Rare - by CLXcool - 03-17-2014, 11:46 AM
RE: Some news from Rare - by BumblebeeCody - 03-17-2014, 02:10 PM
RE: Some news from Rare - by retrolinkx - 03-18-2014, 02:56 AM
RE: Some news from Rare - by BumblebeeCody - 03-18-2014, 05:24 AM
RE: Some news from Rare - by Mass Distraction - 03-18-2014, 07:05 AM
RE: Some news from Rare - by BumblebeeCody - 03-18-2014, 08:15 AM
RE: Some news from Rare - by CLXcool - 03-17-2014, 06:54 PM
RE: Some news from Rare - by RepentantSky - 03-18-2014, 09:19 AM
RE: Some news from Rare - by CLXcool - 03-18-2014, 05:06 PM
RE: Some news from Rare - by BumblebeeCody - 03-19-2014, 04:05 AM