Important Announcement
Forum has been made read-only. Please click here for more information or here to return to VGFacts.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[SOLVED]My PC is crashing and I don't know why, can anyone help?
Hey guys, sorry to keep you in the dark so long, I was gonna update this but then the forums were down and I got kinda lazy, so here's what happened. Or, at least, what I believed happened.

It was a hardware problem, but it wasn't due to overheating, at least not entirely.
I was trying everything I could and re installed my drivers a couple of times, but it just kept crashing after ten minutes of any game. Finally I decided that, if nothing else, I should just open my PC up and dust it out to see if that might do anything.

Keep in mind that I'm really not the most technically inclined, so this was the first time in over a year of owning this beauty of a PC that I've opened it up, so there was a crap load of dust on everything. Me and a buddy opened everything up, dusted it all out really well with some compressed air canisters, and closed it up afterwards to see if it helped anything. Right as I was plugging the monitor cable back in, I remembered a while back how the monitor cord was lopsided on one side, so I looked at it and there was a screw on one end of the cord itself that was supposed to be attached to the video card.

I opened up the case again and sure enough, the metal pane that half of the monitor cable is supposed to attach to was really bent backwards, so I bent it back and screwed it all on like it's supposed to be, and I haven't experienced any issues since.

TL;DR Couldn't fix it, opened PC and the video card had a bent pane.

In related news, I am not the father.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My PC is crashing and I don't know why, can anyone help? - by Arjahn - 04-15-2014, 04:22 PM